Author Topic: POD for spiral bound (Recommendations?)  (Read 224 times)  

Offline Lucas030

• View Profile
POD for spiral bound (Recommendations?)
« on: March 19, 2018, 01:20:07 AM »
Hey everyone,
I'm looking for a POD service which is able to produce books with spiral bound. I want to sell on Amazon and because I don't want to care about the shipping, returns, payments etc. , I'm looking for a service similar to CreateSpace or Ingram.

Do you have any recommendations for such a service? I was also thinking in the direction of platforms like redbubble, cexpress etc.

Wish you a wonderful day,
Lucas

Offline Sleeping Cat Books

• Helping you reach your publishing goals since 2006
    • View Profile
    • Sleeping Cat Books
Re: POD for spiral bound (Recommendations?)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 05:26:03 AM »
Unfortunately, you may have trouble getting the distribution you want for this. The last time I checked, Lulu produces comb-bound books, but they won't distribute them anywhere, only on their own website. There are other printers that can handle spiral binding (like Print Ninja http://www.printninja.com/printing-products/spiral-binding), but they don't provide direct distribution to Amazon. Print Ninja does offer warehousing and fulfillment, but you'd still have to be hands-on with that.
Providing editing and book design services to independent authors
Sarah Holroyd | Sleeping Cat Books | Sleeping Cat Press | discussion

Offline she-la-ti-da

• in the bunker
    • View Profile
Re: POD for spiral bound (Recommendations?)
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 04:08:28 AM »
To my knowledge you'll have to handle the seller deal yourself. Either through Lulu or some other POD service. Sucks, but there doesn't seem to be a big call for anyone to do it as part of their business. I've been thinking about doing some craft books, and wanted them spiral bound, but had pretty much settled on having to deal with it myself. :(
Queen of Procrasti Nation

Genres: speculative fiction under main pen name.

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac