Author Topic: Bookbub recommendations  (Read 766 times)  

Offline aimeeeasterling

• View Profile
Bookbub recommendations
« on: March 20, 2018, 04:30:10 PM »
Has anyone else gotten the email from Bookbub about their new recommendations section? Here's the text:

Well soon be announcing Recommendations, an exciting free way for authors to engage with their followers on BookBub.com. Were telling you about this new tool early so you can be one of the first authors to try it out!

Recommendations lets you suggest books to your followers on BookBub.com. These recommendations will appear in their feed on BookBub.com, and theyll be alerted to unseen recommendations each week via email. This tool offers a great way to:

Stay top-of-mind with your fans
    Cross-promote fellow authors and help each other get discovered
    Engage with BookBubs community of enthusiastic power readers

Were thrilled for you to be one of the first authors to try this new tool. Get started by sharing your first recommendation here!

I went ahead and added a dozen must-reads and am curious to see how others are using the new feature.

Try Shiftless for FREE!
Aimee Easterling | Aimee Easterling - Author Page | Facebook Page

Offline taliwrites

• View Profile
Re: Bookbub recommendations
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 05:21:48 PM »
I got the email too, but since it mentions engaging with my followers, my social anxiety stopped me from trying it out. It sounds like it could be a great tool for cross-promotion.

Offline archaeoroutes

• Somerset, England
    • View Profile
    • Alasdair Shaw
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 11:17:55 PM »
Yeah, U was wondering about cross-promos too. Might ha e organise something.
In fact, if anyone wants to swap sci-fi recommendations, we could see if it works...

Genres: Space Opera, MilSF, Popular Science, Physics Textbooks, Archaeology, Walking
Alasdair C Shaw | Personal Website | SciFi Website | Physics Website | Archaeology Website | Newsletter Signup

Online Wayne Stinnett

• "I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns."
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 06:09:21 AM »
They've been slowly rolling it out since at least two weeks ago, when it appeared in my inbox.

A word of caution; don't overuse this feature. Each recommendation you make, not only appears on that book's BookBub page, but an email from BookBub goes out to all your followers on your behalf. Imagine receiving your daily BookBub email, plus a new release alert from an author you follow, plus twenty-seven recommendations from another author you follow. That could get overwhelming for your followers, possibly resulting in some of them either unfollowing YOU or unsubscribing from BookBub.

As in all things, move slowly. Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
NINC President-Elect. My Amazon Bestselling, twelve-volume Jesse McDermitt Series and the spinoff,  four-volume Charity Styles Series, also Amazon Bestsellers, are available in ebook, audiobook, and paperback, with many more exciting adventures to come. In my motivational non-fiction, Blue Collar to No Collar, I provide tips, advice, and strategies for new authors, and is also available in the same formats. Don't forget to visit the Ship's Store for Jesse McDermitt swag.
Semper Fi,
Wayne Stinnett | Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Amazon Author Page | Motivational Videos | Down Island Press | Ship's Store Swag

Offline archaeoroutes

• Somerset, England
    • View Profile
    • Alasdair Shaw
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 11:11:35 AM »
Now, if BB could roll up the recommendations into one email, that would solve that issue.
Here are today's recommendations from authors you follow...

Genres: Space Opera, MilSF, Popular Science, Physics Textbooks, Archaeology, Walking
Alasdair C Shaw | Personal Website | SciFi Website | Physics Website | Archaeology Website | Newsletter Signup

Offline Dean F. Wilson

• Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
    • Dean F. Wilson
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 04:06:01 PM »
It's an interesting concept that could help with Also Boughts.

USA Today & Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author
Dean F. Wilson | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Goodreads | BookBub | SFF Book Bonanza

Offline aimeeeasterling

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 02:28:01 PM »
A word of caution; don't overuse this feature. Each recommendation you make, not only appears on that book's BookBub page, but an email from BookBub goes out to all your followers on your behalf. Imagine receiving your daily BookBub email, plus a new release alert from an author you follow, plus twenty-seven recommendations from another author you follow. That could get overwhelming for your followers, possibly resulting in some of them either unfollowing YOU or unsubscribing from BookBub.

As in all things, move slowly. Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

That's really good advice! And mirrored by what Bookbub posted today on their blog --- they recommend making one to three recommendations to your followers per month.

Try Shiftless for FREE!
Aimee Easterling | Aimee Easterling - Author Page | Facebook Page

Online Wayne Stinnett

• "I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns."
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 05:28:01 PM »
That's really good advice! And mirrored by what Bookbub posted today on their blog --- they recommend making one to three recommendations to your followers per month.

I've been recommending one book on the same day that I send out my newsletter, which is twice a month. That seems like a good number.
NINC President-Elect. My Amazon Bestselling, twelve-volume Jesse McDermitt Series and the spinoff,  four-volume Charity Styles Series, also Amazon Bestsellers, are available in ebook, audiobook, and paperback, with many more exciting adventures to come. In my motivational non-fiction, Blue Collar to No Collar, I provide tips, advice, and strategies for new authors, and is also available in the same formats. Don't forget to visit the Ship's Store for Jesse McDermitt swag.
Semper Fi,
Wayne Stinnett | Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Amazon Author Page | Motivational Videos | Down Island Press | Ship's Store Swag

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac