Author Topic: Notes/Highlights don't show up in "Your Notes and Highlights"  (Read 628 times)  

Offline suttroper

• View Profile
The notes and highlights I made in the last book I read on my kindle paperwhite do not appear when I try to retrieve them at read.amazon.com/notebook. It's worked just fine for 30+ former books but not this one. Can someone help me out?

Offline tsemple

• View Profile
Re: Notes/Highlights don't show up in "Your Notes and Highlights"
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 08:14:26 PM »
One way this could happen is if the Paperwhite has not synced since you created the notes.

If it is a Personal Document, then you will not find any notes in /notebook. You can still export them if you have a Fire, or use Kindle for iOS or Android.

Note that you can export from Amazon books directly from the Kindle, they will be sent to your Amazon email address as an attachment.

Offline suttroper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 03:10:15 PM »
I'm sorry, but I don't understand your response. As I mentioned in my post I have read, highlighted and made notes in 30+ ebooks on my Kindle Paperwhite and later found all of those highlights and notes at read.amazon.com/notebook without doing a thing! This did NOT happen with the last ebook I finished, and I don't understand why.

Offline tsemple

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 05:40:29 PM »
If the book you finished was not from Amazon, its notes and highlights will not be found at read.amazon.com/notebook.

If the book was from Amazon, download the book (if it is no longer on device), verify that notes and highlights are there, maybe create a new note (so it will float to top of list, which is sorted by recent), then check /notebook again. Should be there...