Author Topic: Facebook ad text fields  (Read 100 times)  

Offline Bob Stewart

• View Profile
    • Street Car Mysteries
Facebook ad text fields
« on: April 16, 2018, 08:04:24 AM »
I'm curious about other's experience in using the three text fields in a FB ad (Text, Headline, & News Feed Link Description).

1. The Text field seems to accept about 275 characters (mobile devises) before being truncated. But is briefer better?

2. The Headline field seems best for a call out quote, some prompt, or posing a question. It accepts about 70 characters without a CTA button, and about 40 with the button. But again, is shorter better?

3. How literal should the News Feed Link Description be?

4. Is it preferable to use one of FB's CTA buttons, or just place one on the image?

Thanks!

Bob

Offline Not Lu

• View Profile
Re: Facebook ad text fields
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 12:16:26 PM »
I'm curious about other's experience in using the three text fields in a FB ad (Text, Headline, & News Feed Link Description).

1. The Text field seems to accept about 275 characters (mobile devises) before being truncated. But is briefer better?

2. The Headline field seems best for a call out quote, some prompt, or posing a question. It accepts about 70 characters without a CTA button, and about 40 with the button. But again, is shorter better?

3. How literal should the News Feed Link Description be?

4. Is it preferable to use one of FB's CTA buttons, or just place one on the image?

Thanks!

Bob

I've had good success (CPC near .20 most of the time) doing the following per your questions:

1. Short sentences that contain a hook have worked best for me.
2. I've used quotes from reviewers, a question, and a call to action mentioning the genre. They all seem to work well. I currently lean towards reviews or questions.
3. I use AMAZON.COM for the link description
4. I use the "DOWNLOAD" button (but the book is in KU)

A few other hints that have helped reduce CPC.

1. Split ads for men and women
2. Use softer images for women -- harsher (more risk, combat, violence, etc.) for men
3. Focus on the character and his/her plight for women
4. Focus on the "big problem" first then the characters for men
5. Use images that scream your genre
6. Use several different pitches for the book in different styles (different people respond to different pitches)

Offline Bob Stewart

• View Profile
    • Street Car Mysteries
Re: Facebook ad text fields
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 03:19:58 PM »
Not Lu,

Thanks! That's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.

Bob