Kindle Forum banner

Welcome to the Ravenshade Klub!

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Archer 
#1 ·
And now...(drum roll, please)...the third and final book in the trilogy!
If you're here, you're either reading it or have read it. I'm so glad you decided to finish the story.

This one is by far the darkest, most complex, and most difficult part of the story to write. It is also, in my opinion, my best work so far.

Fire-heart was the most fun book to write--this one (Ravenshade) was the most challenging, emotionally draining, and (ultimately) satisfying.
When I finished it I was elated, exhausted, and bereft all at the same time. This book has more suspense, more electricity, and more meaningful implications. I truly loved writing it (though I neither slept nor ate during the writing of the last three chapters).

We speak of 'being lost in worlds of our own making'. I lost myself utterly in Ravenshade. The story wove itself, racing to its conclusion whether I wanted it to or not. The characters would not be denied.

This Klub will be 'structured' like the Fire-heart one (unless I change my mind): you may do as you will with it. I might start a topic if I feel the urge, but it is your Klub to toy with. Remember: Keep those spoilers hidden.

Let's have some more fun!

--Archer 

See less See more
#2 ·
Posting from my mobile so please excuse any oddities.

Have a question for all you who have finished the trilogy.
Did it leave you mentally exhausted? -Bewildered? - Lost?
How long did it take you to recover?

I found myself mentally exhausted and somewhat lost. Was looking for more but there was no more. I didn't know what to do. Took me about 4 or 5 days to be able to pick something up to read (which is really unusual since I am constantly reading something). My mind kept floating back to Alterra.

To me that's the ultimate sign of a good book - it hooks you that completely.

So how did you feel at the end?

#3 ·
Tip10 said:
Posting from my mobile so please excuse any oddities.

Have a question for all you who have finished the trilogy.
Did it leave you mentally exhausted? -Bewildered? - Lost?
How long did it take you to recover?

I found myself mentally exhausted and somewhat lost. Was looking for more but there was no more. I didn't know what to do. Took me about 4 or 5 days to be able to pick something up to read (which is really unusual since I am constantly reading something). My mind kept floating back to Alterra.

To me that's the ultimate sign of a good book - it hooks you that completely.

So how did you feel at the end?
You put it very well. I felt very much the same way. On the opposite end of the spectrum, while I was reading them, I did little else. I was lost in Alterra. This world did not matter. I managed to keep my pets fed, and I manage to go to work (I believe there was at least one "sick day" when I had to stay home and read), but I could do little else. I was sucked into Alterra. Maybe there should be a warning label on these books ;). Having someone to talk to who also read the books (or who wrote them ;D) helped. I wish this forum had existed when I read the series. I tried real hard to get people around me to read them so I would have others to share with, but none of the people close to me read them. Maybe they didn't want to get drawn into them like I obviously was!

#4 ·
Ditto...my first thought after finishing Ravenshade was, "Ok, now what???".  I have since been able to go back to my "life before Alterra", but not a week goes by when I don't want to nudge Archer for the next book.  I have better sense than to try to rush the process, but it doesn't make it any easier.  ;) 

My son has just started Elfhunter, so I have have someone to talk with about it at home soon, but he's not in far enough to have been hooked yet.  Should I warn him it will consume him like it has so many others?  Am I a bad parent for enticing him into my addiction?  ;D  I think NOT!

Ahem, so, Archer...what news?

#5 ·
Hey, folks--wanted to let you know that Ravenshade will be back from editing soon, which means the re-release is coming! (It's been awhile since I've updated you. Now I have an idea of what's going on, thank goodness.)  ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.