Kindle Forum banner

ACX Romance Package Payouts for 1Q2018

3K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Gertie Kindle 
#1 ·
Just got my payout for the quarter for the program. Looks like about 10 cents per 100 minutes listened to. They did another early adopter bonus that's more than the payout for the actual minutes listened to by about 10x for me but not as much as they paid out last quarter. (Also mine only seemed to apply to one of my titles even though four of them had minutes listened to and one had more minutes listened to than the one that had the early adopter bonus.)

I'm also hearing word that people who requested to be let out of the program have been.

#5 ·
AuthorX said:
No bonus for me :/

I made about 50 cents per listen and it seems to have hurt both my audio and ebook sales on coordinated books.
I have no idea how they determined the bonus payout. Last quarter I had no minutes and got a bonus. This quarter I had four titles with listens out of ten that are in the program and got a bonus on one that wasn't even the most listened to. I wrote to ask for some sort of explanation on that one.

#9 ·
1. They are letting people out now. If you remove a book you cannot add it again for a year.
2. Bonuses are tiered. They are not sharing what the tiers are. Bonuses absolutely not guaranteed to continue.
3. You CAN write and ask them to change steam rating.
4. They say program is going well and listeners are signing up and satisfied. FWIW.

#10 ·
#11 ·
Usedtoposthere said:
4. They say program is going well and listeners are signing up and satisfied. FWIW.
Seems like Amazon's 2018 definition of "going well" is when they "earn" $10 while paying out less than $1 of it. One can only guess at what their 2020 definition might be.

#13 ·
I emailed to have my two titles removed, and it took almost 2 months to get an answer back. I literally got a message back today, and finally saw some sort of small payout under "on demand" which was less than a dollar for April. I had one sale for April. I'd had no sales or listens since December of last year. This was the first time I'd seen anything.

So, I was happy to see this email today asking for the info to remove my titles.

Just was getting no traction in sales. I'm really not pleased with the romance package program at all. Not hurt or crushed that I won't be able to resign up for a year. Really? I don't want to go back.

Pulling all my titles out of KU too. Just making better sense for me to go totally wide on everything now.

#14 ·
I received my letter from ACX today acknowledging my request to be taken out of the program and got the same message about not being able to put them back in for a year.

At this rate, audio is no longer worth the effort for me. I've had readers contact me wondering why I didn't have all my books in audio and I always tell them that it's not economically worth the effort anymore. When I first put out my audiobooks, I did really well, but then when the price change went into effect, my sales dropped like a stone and now royalties are too low to make it worth my effort, time and money to commission an audiobook. It would take several years to earn back my investment.

Why bother?

I may look at Draft 2 Digital's program and see if that's worth it, but going back into ACX or the romance program?

That's a big nope.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.