KB Featured
The Sun God's Heir: Return (Book One)
by Elliott Baker

Kindle Edition published 2017-01-02
Bestseller ranking:

Product Description
For three thousand years a hatred burns. In seventeenth century Bordeaux two souls incarnate, one born the child of a prosperous merchant, the other, steals a life determined to continue a brutal incarnation begun long ago.

Under the guidance of Pharaoh, two brothers grew strong in knowledge and power, one a physician, the other a general. With the pharaoh’s untimely death, a deep hatred blossoms. One remembers, one does not.

The year is 1671. René Gilbert’s destiny glints from the blade of a slashing rapier. To protect those he loves he must regain the power and knowledge earned in an ancient lifetime. From Bordeaux to Spain to Morocco, René is tested and with each turn of fate he gathers enemies and allies as the memory and power of a lifetime as physician to Pharaoh returns.

Determined to continue a reign of terror that once caused the Nile to run red, Horemheb takes over the life of a young man mortally wo…

Author Topic: Kindle 5th generation - register device  (Read 478 times)  

Offline mano_alexandra

• View Profile
Kindle 5th generation - register device
« on: May 22, 2018, 12:24:44 PM »
I have a Kindle 5th generation. When trying to register the device, when inputting the Amazon account information, the following message appears: "The e-mail address and password you entered do not match any accounts on record".

The email address and password are correct - I tried to log in my Amazon account several times today from my computer and it worked every time.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Do you have any solutions?

Thanks!

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
Re: Kindle 5th generation - register device
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 03:10:13 AM »
possibly you're typing something wrong? capitalization may matter.

Is the device one you purchased FROM amazon? In that case it should be already registered and all you really need to do is get it to connect wirelessly and sync up.

I'm sorry I can't be more help. :(

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline tsemple

• View Profile
Re: Kindle 5th generation - register device
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 06:48:46 PM »
I have a Kindle 5th generation. When trying to register the device, when inputting the Amazon account information, the following message appears: "The e-mail address and password you entered do not match any accounts on record".

The email address and password are correct - I tried to log in my Amazon account several times today from my computer and it worked every time.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Do you have any solutions?

Thanks!

I assume this is the Kindle without touchscreen keyboard, and one has to use the 5-way controller to navigate to the text field, press the Keyboard button to bring up a character palette and use the 5-way controller to select letters from it.

I have never owned that model, but Kindle Keyboard is similar (for entering non alphanumeric characters), and it is very easy to make data entry errors, even if your password is not using anything but letters and digits, because you cannot leverage your typing skills that would ordinarily make it more straightforward. More secure passwords (longer, using special characters etc.) become harder as I am guessing the keyboard palette needs to be toggled to present the more obscure characters. So that is all by way of saying it may take some patience to get it entered correctly.

It is also really easy to mistake 0 (zero) and O (capital letter O), - (dash) for _ (underscore) and things like that, given the relatively small glyphs that you will find in the palette. Passwords are case-sensitive as well.

Before your next attempt, make sure you are relaxed, alert, etc. Smile, etc. You can do it.

A workaround is to temporarily change your Amazon password to make it easy to enter - xxxxxxxxxx or something - and once you are registered, change it back to something more secure (and consider turning on 2 factor authentication). The Kindle will remain registered; your account name and password are not actually stored on the Kindle, just some secure token that ties the device to your account.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 07:23:33 PM by tsemple »