Author Topic: How to use AMS for UK only?  (Read 438 times)  

Offline NathanBurrows

• Norwich, United Kingdom
    • View Profile
    • Nathan Burrows
How to use AMS for UK only?
« on: June 04, 2018, 11:59:38 PM »
Im struggling to work out how to use AMS to target UK only. I tried signing up an AMS UK account, but got an email back to say I wasnt a vendor. When I go to register as a vendor, selecting my status as an individual theres a pop up to confirm that Im not acting in the context of commercial activity - but I am! Im trying to sell books.

Anyone know how to be able to use AMS UK only? Thanks.

Nathan Burrows | Website | Twitter | Goodreads

Offline Peter North

• View Profile
Re: How to use AMS for UK only?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 01:45:44 AM »
I have no answers but have a similar question. I was looking for promo sites that target England or Europe only and came up with nothing. I'm pretty much a beginner with my first book published in March this year. I hope you get some answers to your question as I would love to know too.
B079H8D5K8: 100%

B07BV14XC8: 100%
Debut Series - Dark Fantasy
Peter North

Offline Diana Kimpton

• UK
    • View Profile
    • dianakimpton.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 01:52:52 AM »
A friend says he's managed to do it by opening an Amazon Advantage account. But you have to pay to do that which will make the advertising more expensive. I've decided to leave it for the time being and concentrate on other ways to find UK readers - review copies, contacting bloggers, etc. AMS ads are great but they are not the only way.

Author of more than 40 books and several scripts. Writes for adults as well as children.
Diana Kimpton | website

Offline snowfairy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 03:16:37 AM »
You do have to set up an Advantage account first.  I think it's about 25 a year, but I think that's only if you use the advantage account, which you wont be. You're just setting it up to be able to use AMS ads. (that's my understanding anyway.)

Offline NathanBurrows

• Norwich, United Kingdom
    • View Profile
    • Nathan Burrows
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 05:13:57 AM »
Hi all - yep, it's Amazon Advantage. It works out - if I get billed - at about 2 quid a month and personally I'll happily pay that to be able to target UK readers. My book is a UK based legal thriller. I'd rather not pay of course, but one extra sale a month will cover that cost.

Nathan Burrows | Website | Twitter | Goodreads

Offline Diana Kimpton

• UK
    • View Profile
    • dianakimpton.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 02:08:11 AM »
I've finally opened an Advantage account and got AMS ads running on amazon.co.uk. Everything seems to be working smoothly so I'm seeing a noticeable increase in UK sales.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 06:41:06 AM by Diana Kimpton »

Author of more than 40 books and several scripts. Writes for adults as well as children.
Diana Kimpton | website