Author Topic: 5th gen fire will not show xfinityWiFi  (Read 496 times)  

Offline jweaver57

• View Profile
5th gen fire will not show xfinityWiFi
« on: July 05, 2018, 03:58:30 PM »
I am having some difficulties here.  My 5th gen kindle fire use to see xfinityWiFi but now it does not see it, but my phone and Microsoft Surface does.

Online jobo132435

• View Profile
Re: 5th gen fire will not show xfinityWiFi
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 07:31:41 PM »
Is it seeing any Wi-Fi or just not that one, check to see that air plane mode is off and Wi-Fi is on, then knock them on and off a few times and /or long press to restart it

Offline jweaver57

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 08:11:05 PM »
Airplane mode is off, wifi is on and yes it does see other wifi's around me.

Offline jweaver57

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 08:11:55 PM »
i should also mention i did reset it as well as a manufacture reset.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 03:28:18 AM »
Might be the wifi receiver component has just gone bad. If so, there's not much you can do. :( One final thing I'd try is a re-boot of your router.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Online jobo132435

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 08:04:48 AM »
i should also mention i did reset it as well as a manufacture reset.

Well the wifi function is clearly working, double check this by logging on to another wifi, that said there clearly an issue of compatibility between the fire and the router, as above reset the router, then you may need to reconfigure the router to change the frequency band it's operating on, for which you need to hard wire a computer in to the router , you may be able to use tthesurface for this if it has an intra net plug and follow the manufactured good on how to do this,or your up provider may be able to do it remotely,
 what some times happens is if next door are operating on the same frequency band, it drowns out your connection and you pick up there's and not yours, try getting really really close to the router,
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 08:18:12 AM by jobo132435 »

Offline jweaver57

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 11:24:43 AM »
I have connected with my router and my infinitywifi. Probably is just works router and I can not reset that.... 911 probably would not like that.... lol. Thank you all. I just did not know if I might have hit something to block just that wifi setting.

Online jobo132435

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 03:19:31 PM »
I have connected with my router and my infinitywifi. Probably is just works router and I can not reset that.... 911 probably would not like that.... lol. Thank you all. I just did not know if I might have hit something to block just that wifi setting.

If be very surprised if you can't reset it, they commonly have at least 8 channels, and you can reset the pass code as well, your isp, will help you do that if you ask, most Wi-Fi issues can be sorted, by changing the channel frequency but anyeay, you seem to have connected now?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 03:24:52 PM by jobo132435 »