Author Topic: CreateSpace a Bit Backed Up  (Read 513 times)  

Offline TromboneAl

• Name IRL: Al Macy
    • View Profile
CreateSpace a Bit Backed Up
« on: July 10, 2018, 06:50:15 PM »
CreateSpace is taking 48 hours to review manuscripts instead of the typical 24.

The good news is that my eBook and paperback linked up after only 1-2 days.

Al Macy | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter

Offline notjohn

• View Profile
    • Notjohn's Self-Publishing Guide
Re: CreateSpace a Bit Backed Up
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 04:31:50 AM »
Probably another turn of the screw from Seattle!

Or maybe the CS staff all tied up, getting my money to me: April and May are supposed to be released any day now. They were kept back because of a hacking incident early in May. It's a pile of money, quite dwarfing my Kindle earnings. I will have to take Susan out to dinner, tee hee.
Notjohn's Guide to E-Book & Print Formatting: http://viewbook.at/notjohn

The blog: http://notjohnkdp.blogspot.com

Offline Cassie Leigh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 07:23:03 AM »
Yeah, it took about 36 hours for me this week on three different titles.  They also seem to be having issues with the dimensions of my covers even though I'm using their templates. Fortunately each time they've just corrected whatever it is themselves, but still never happy to see that message.

8 Pen Names. Genres: Non-fiction, Speculative Fiction, Romance.
Blog | Video Courses | Quick & Dirty Guide to AMS

Online troysimens

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 10:40:23 AM »
Probably another turn of the screw from Seattle!

Or maybe the CS staff all tied up, getting my money to me: April and May are supposed to be released any day now. They were kept back because of a hacking incident early in May. It's a pile of money, quite dwarfing my Kindle earnings. I will have to take Susan out to dinner, tee hee.

Same boat here - I haven't received my royalties (US/GBP/Euro) from May, and it never happened before. Contacted CS but they keep telling me it's being investigated, and it's been like that for over 2 weeks now. I was about to lose my patience and go crazy but saw your post lol (you've been very patient for over 2 months!). Hope CS smooths things out ASAP... BTW, who's Susan? Will taking her out to dinner expedite the process?  ;)

Offline TromboneAl

• Name IRL: Al Macy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 03:26:52 PM »
Yeah, it took about 36 hours for me this week on three different titles.  They also seem to be having issues with the dimensions of my covers even though I'm using their templates. Fortunately each time they've just corrected whatever it is themselves, but still never happy to see that message.

Yes, I'm always curious about those, but it's never worth pursuing.

Al Macy | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter

Offline Kwrite

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 05:34:40 PM »

I'm having the same issues. They've rejected two of the four I've submitted. I'm using their templates like I always do, and haven't had previous problems with my submissions. I can't figure out what they think is wrong so I just tweaked a couple of the things and resubmitted. It's been 24 hours but haven't yet heard back.

Offline Flay Otters

• New Preston CT
  • Stone the crows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 06:30:57 PM »
If you were a business trying to shut down one division and move your clients to another division, you could make using the first division harder and harder so most clients would eventually give up in disgust. This would give you the excuse to shut down an "underperforming" division and migrate the stubborn holdouts whether they wanted it or not. Just putting it out there. Resistance is futile.
And apropos of nothing, Jeff is making $10 Billion a month these days. Yay.