Author Topic: A couple of questions on setting up KDP preorder  (Read 253 times)  

Offline mojomikey

• Cincinnati, OH
    • View Profile
A couple of questions on setting up KDP preorder
« on: July 11, 2018, 07:29:04 AM »
I see on the page that they give you a countdown 'til your book is locked in, i.e., you cannot make any more changes to it. But I don't see how that period is  - three days, a week, or? Or does it vary - it is different for a week-long preorder period vs. a two month pre-order?

Book is on a very topical subject, so it is not done yet. Can I put in filler text, or just go with what I have written and then upload the finished book before the drop dead date?

Thanks all!

Offline ZenD

• USA
    • View Profile
    • Zen DiPietro Science Fiction
Re: A couple of questions on setting up KDP preorder
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 07:39:16 AM »
Three days, but be careful of time zones and whatnot, which might make it more like four.

Yes, you can do an initial upload of filler. One caveat is that your book might look substantially shorter than it is, and some readers will notice. So go for similar length.

You can re-upload as many times as you like before before the lockdown date, so you can do it however you like.

Zen DiPietro | Facebook | Blog | Twitter

Online ID Johnson

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 08:23:43 AM »
You should get emails from Amazon as the date approaches, too, as a reminder to get your final manuscript in. I find those to be very helpful.

Offline mojomikey

• Cincinnati, OH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 03:33:26 PM »
Three days, but be careful of time zones and whatnot, which might make it more like four.

Yes, you can do an initial upload of filler. One caveat is that your book might look substantially shorter than it is, and some readers will notice. So go for similar length.

You can re-upload as many times as you like before before the lockdown date, so you can do it however you like.

Uber helpful = thanks so much. As someone said on another thread, the help pages can be anything BUT.

And thank ID Johnson too - I NEED those reminder emails with my TBI!