Author Topic: Editing the image on Bookbub CPC ads  (Read 455 times)  

Offline CatParker

• View Profile
Editing the image on Bookbub CPC ads
« on: July 11, 2018, 04:03:55 PM »
Is it possible to edit the image on a bookbub cpc ad while the ad is running?

It seems you can edit some parameters, but I can't find a way to edit the image once the ad is submitted.

Cozy Cat Parker | Newsletter

Offline LilyBLily

• View Profile
Re: Editing the image on Bookbub CPC ads
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 05:47:07 PM »
Why not email BB and ask directly? They're very busy pushing these ads; they'll probably be helpful.

Offline Simon Haynes

• Perth, Australia
  • Born in the UK, raised in Spain, now Australian
    • View Profile
    • Home page
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 10:39:57 PM »
I usually copy the ad and change the image on the duplicate. Don't forget to pause the original ad though.

Also yWriter novel writing software & SalesScanner, a free KDP/Google/Smashwords/Createspace sales analyser for PC. (Mac soon)

Offline CatParker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 04:43:59 AM »
I usually copy the ad and change the image on the duplicate. Don't forget to pause the original ad though.

When I do that, my ad falls out of the algorithm, and takes another four days to find its sweet spot again.

Do your Bookbub ads ever take four days to start running properly? I can't get mine to find the sweetspot any quicker than that, which means if I use them with a countdown deal, I lose a lot of precious time.

Offline Simon Haynes

• Perth, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Home page
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 01:08:10 PM »
There does seem to be a delay between approving the ad and seeing the data coming through, but I haven't noticed four days.

I'm pretty sure I saw something in their faq stating that the creative can't be switched.

Also yWriter novel writing software & SalesScanner, a free KDP/Google/Smashwords/Createspace sales analyser for PC. (Mac soon)

Offline CatParker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 05:00:43 AM »
There does seem to be a delay between approving the ad and seeing the data coming through, but I haven't noticed four days.

I'm pretty sure I saw something in their faq stating that the creative can't be switched.

Yes, it seems it can't be switched.

Weirdly, my ads always take four days to start. But it's not just the data coming through, because as soon as they start delivering the sales come through straight away too. I find my whole daily budget disappears over a ten minute period after the email going out every day, when the ad is running properly. Even if I up my budget to $100 dollars or so, it all disappears when Bookbub do their mail shot, and then all my sales come in over the next hour or so.

But for the first 4 days, whether it's a US or a UK ad I'm running, crickets. During those four days, I can't spend more than about $1.39.

Offline Simon Haynes

• Perth, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Home page
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 06:39:53 AM »
If enough people click when the mail shot goes out, the ads won't show (obviously) to people who click later on.

I always pick a handful of lesser-known authors in my chosen genre, never the big names, and I guess that's why my budget takes a few hours (or all day) to spend.

What is your estimated audience size? Mine's usually 50k or thereabouts.

Offline CatParker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 04:53:00 PM »
What is your estimated audience size? Mine's usually 50k or thereabouts.

Mine is usually 10k.

I adjust it until it hits that sweet spot on the dial that says "Defined", right in the middle of the green area.

Offline Simon Haynes

• Perth, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Home page
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 02:02:29 AM »
Maybe that's why mine takes longer to fill - a lot more potential eyeballs?

I've been averaging 13-15c per click recently, but it's a permafree which is an easier sell.