Author Topic: Got good news today  (Read 3573 times)  

Offline Sam Kates

• UK
  • From the land of song and dragons.
    • View Profile
    • Sam Kates
Re: Got good news today
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2018, 11:17:54 AM »
Good news, Mark. Here's hoping the cell count continues to drop while your sales count increases. Good luck to those who mention they also suffer from a form of this horrid disease.

sam kates

Offline Mark Gardner

• Arizona, USA
    • View Profile
    • Article 94
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2018, 11:20:46 AM »
That's great news, Mark! Here's to a continuing drop in your numbers! I don't know a lot about CLL but I do have a chronic blood cancer myself. I remember reading that the life span of someone with PV was 10 years when I was first diagnosed back in 1999 ... needless to say, that estimate was wrong and many people are living very long lives with these chronic cancers.

(I've mainly had high platelets and my WBC was between 18-21K until I started taking interferon last year. They've both finally fallen to normal range last month.)
CLL is apparently the most common type of Leukemia. I was told that it usually affects people older than I am, so the prognosis is good. I'd be happy if my WBC continues to fall. I hope that your chronic condition improves.

Offline Mark Gardner

• Arizona, USA
    • View Profile
    • Article 94
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2018, 11:25:58 AM »
I am happy for you.

Congratulations, and may the trend continue.
Congrats, Mark! I'm happy to hear that. May they continue their downward trend (until they reach normal levels that is)!
I too hope your numbers continue to improve.
Keep writing and best of luck.
Thanks for sharing your good news, Mark! I'm sorry you've been living under such a burden, though.
Excellent news, Mark. Good news like that is probably good for any forum!  :D

Great news!
That's a number you want to go down. Glad you're feeling energized.
Good to hear--and they're making advanced all the time. My mom died in 1980 at age 50 of what would be treatable today, is what I always tell myself. Hang in there, give yourself time, and have fun while you do.
Super news! Best to you!
Such great news, Mark! Very happy for you :) <3
Really pleased for you, and amazed how you've managed to stay productive with that at the back of your mind.  Here's to continuing good numbers!
Future so bright you gotta wear shades.

Well done on the good news. Long may that trend continue.
Congrats!! More positive vives coming your way.
Yeah!!! So happy for you!!
Sending you good vibes, friend
I had no idea, Mark, but it's good to hear about the improvement in your cell count! Here's wishing you continued positivity and well-being!
Awesome news, Mark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm happy to hear the awesome news--but also, just glad for the update. Thank you for it. Hope the news continues to get better.
So glad to hear the positive update, Mark!  You're such a positive influence around here and I love to hear how your Cons go.  May those numbers plummet over the course of the coming months and your word counts increase.  Blessings to you!
Good news, Mark. Here's hoping the cell count continues to drop while your sales count increases. Good luck to those who mention they also suffer from a form of this horrid disease.
Thanks for your cheers and well wishes everyone!

Offline Mark Gardner

• Arizona, USA
    • View Profile
    • Article 94
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2018, 11:36:18 AM »
It's so nice to have good news every once in a while. I came to Kboards today wondering what new thing had gone wrong on Amazon, what new scam was going to make life more difficult, or how someone had managed to trademark every word in the English language. What a joy to find some happy news instead!

I remember you mentioned the cancer a short time after we first met, but you always seem so productive and centered that it's easy to forget. (Well, not easy for you, but easy for the rest of us, because of the vibe you put out.

I know a number of people who've beaten the odds. Some of them lived much longer than their doctors projected; others have been in remission for years with no sign of further trouble. I'll keep a good thought that you end up on that list.
Thanks, Bill. I was a little bummed out when I first got the diagnosis, but then I came to the realization that I can either let the diagnosis define who I am, or I can live the rest of my life how I want - free from fear, and doing what I want to do. There are so many people who are worse off than I am, so as the idiom goes, I'm counting my blessings.

I always try to be the best version of myself that I can. I had a pretty bad childhood, and I am who I am today in spite of instead of because of the abuse, etc. I feel the same way about the Leukemia - it doesn't define me, it's just another thing about me. The good vibes will continue. I'll keep offering what limited help that I can to the denizens here, and keep offering formatting services for what people can afford.

Online Raven One

• View Profile
    • RG Ainslee
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2018, 11:47:04 AM »
I had surgery for prostate cancer twelve years ago. I started writing again while I was recovering. I take every day as a gift and try to make the best of it.

Good luck and keep active, that is the the best medicine for the spirit.

Author of the Secret Cold War Series
RG Ainslee | Website | Amazon Author Page

Online Clementine

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2018, 12:11:20 PM »
This really made my day. Congratulations on the wonderful news and on the spring that it has added to your step. Long may it continue.

Online Becca Mills

• California
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2018, 08:37:35 PM »
Wonderful news, Mark! May that downward trend continue. Best wishes to you too, Prose Polisher, and all others struggling with health challenges. :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Online W.R. Gingell

• Tasmania, Australia
  • I like tea
    • View Profile
    • The WR(ite) Blog
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2018, 09:04:26 PM »
Hooray!

Online Rosie Scott

• Cincinnati, Ohio
  • War. War never changes.
    • View Profile
    • Rosie Scott's Website
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2018, 01:29:47 AM »
That is so awesome, Mark! I'm glad you shared this. Sometimes it just helps to have other people in the know who are all rooting for your continued well-being and happiness.  :)

I always try to be the best version of myself that I can. I had a pretty bad childhood, and I am who I am today in spite of instead of because of the abuse, etc. I feel the same way about the Leukemia - it doesn't define me, it's just another thing about me. The good vibes will continue. I'll keep offering what limited help that I can to the denizens here, and keep offering formatting services for what people can afford.

Heck yes. This is very inspiring. Keep those good vibes around. The happiness of the mind has its way of working its magic on the body. Keep updating us as often as you can and feel comfortable with.  :)

Dystopian/sci-fi/fantasy. Writer of bloody warfare & witty banter. Provoker of questions.
Rosie Scott | Blog | Release Mailing List

Offline Fleurina

• West Coast of Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2018, 01:50:22 AM »
Whoohoo!  I'm so pleased for you. 
Kick Anxiety & Live in the Now: 80%

Haunted Scottish Castle - Izzie Firecracker 3: 10%
Janet Butler Male | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Offline Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Durban, South Africa
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • View Profile
    • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2018, 01:55:54 AM »
Wonderful news. Keep on thinking positive. Everything begins with a thought and your thoughts become your reality.

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

Offline Steven McKinnon

• Glasgow, Scotland
    • View Profile
    • Steven McKinnon's Official Website
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2018, 02:59:45 AM »
Good news, Mark, glad to hear it :)
Steven McKinnon | Website

Offline kenbritz

• New York
    • View Profile
    • Ken Britz
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2018, 04:05:07 AM »
Thats promising news, Mark. I hope the trend continues and both your productivity and health waxes as the disease wanes. Soldier on and look forward to your continued presence here on KBoards, sir! Best wishes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ken Britz | Facebook | Website

Offline Ros_Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2018, 04:34:25 AM »
Great news, and long may your numbers continue to improve. I had no idea you had this diagnosis, so you're obviously not letting it define you. Best wishes.

Ros Jackson | author website | blog | twitter | goodreads

Offline Mark Gardner

• Arizona, USA
    • View Profile
    • Article 94
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2018, 04:40:33 AM »
Thanks for the positive comments everyone!

I had surgery for prostate cancer twelve years ago. I started writing again while I was recovering. I take every day as a gift and try to make the best of it.

Good luck and keep active, that is the the best medicine for the spirit.

This really made my day. Congratulations on the wonderful news and on the spring that it has added to your step. Long may it continue.

Wonderful news, Mark! May that downward trend continue. Best wishes to you too, Prose Polisher, and all others struggling with health challenges. :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hooray!

Whoohoo!  I'm so pleased for you. 
Wonderful news. Keep on thinking positive. Everything begins with a thought and your thoughts become your reality.
Good news, Mark, glad to hear it :)
Thats promising news, Mark. I hope the trend continues and both your productivity and health waxes as the disease wanes. Soldier on and look forward to your continued presence here on KBoards, sir! Best wishes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Great news, and long may your numbers continue to improve. I had no idea you had this diagnosis, so you're obviously not letting it define you. Best wishes.

Offline Mark Gardner

• Arizona, USA
    • View Profile
    • Article 94
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2018, 04:44:15 AM »
That is so awesome, Mark! I'm glad you shared this. Sometimes it just helps to have other people in the know who are all rooting for your continued well-being and happiness.  :)

Heck yes. This is very inspiring. Keep those good vibes around. The happiness of the mind has its way of working its magic on the body. Keep updating us as often as you can and feel comfortable with.  :)
That's a major hurtle with chronic illness - knowing that someone else cares. As an aside, depression is often lessened when people know that there are others experiencing the same thing, and remembering that there are those that care. There have been numerous studies that indicate that mindset does have an effect on mental and physical health.

I won't have another update until October (my next visit to the hematologist.)

Offline CathleenT

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2018, 06:03:07 AM »
Dear Mark,

I'm so pleased to hear of your good news, and the recent difficulty writing is completely understandable. Being able to create usually takes a certain emotional surplus. It's very hard to do when you're struggling for survival.

I"m so glad the emotional thumbscrews have let up some for you. May your numbers continue to improve, in all areas of your life. :)

Offline Sapphire

• Omaha NE
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2018, 08:20:33 AM »
Unrecognized stress takes a toll on our bodies and minds. I found your comment on how much better you felt after receiving the news of lower white blood count numbers interesting. So many of us carry stress we fail to recognize (including me), and it's hard to address the stress if we don't admit it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your tests continue to show positive progress and that reduced stress helps contribute to that downward trend.

Online Shelley K

• Does things wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2018, 08:41:21 AM »
Keep on keepin' on, Mark.

Offline kdiem

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2018, 08:44:00 AM »
Congrats, Mark! Hopefully the good trend will continue and a new med or something will have you feeling better than ever before!

And kudos to everyone making it through their days despite cancer or a chronic illness. That's real strength.

Author. Bibliophile. Fangirl.
Karen Diem | website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Goodreads

Offline Van Argan

• View Profile
    • VanArgan.com
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2018, 09:47:09 AM »
Mark, sending good thoughts your way.  Congratulations on the positive news and best wishes for continued improvement. 
Lurking on the Highwire: 50%
Van Argan | Web site | Amazon Author Central Page

Offline CaptnAndy

• Folsom, CA
    • View Profile
    • Anomally Report
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2018, 10:58:36 AM »
Great news, Mark! I too live with medical issues, and recognize that at 74, my window on this side will close sooner, rather than later. I consider any day I can get vertical a gift to do what is important. Keep fighting, it's what's important.
After The Final Event: 80%

After The Days Of Infamy: 60%
A.G. Kimbrough, An Author/Publisher of Historical Fiction and Hard Science Fiction
A.G. Kimbrough

Offline Simply_J

• Northeast US
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2018, 11:43:44 AM »
Mark, I'm so glad for you. I've always read your posts in Kboard, and I appreciate your contribution to our community.

I think that you have so much to give, and so many stories to tell, that it would be great if you try some of the new treatments. Which are practically a cure when they work.

Do you know that there is a cure for the type of cancer that you have? My own child has been treated successfully. As well as one of my neighbors.

It's called CAR T Cell therapy and it's only available through clinical trials. My daughter is being treated at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and my neighbor at MD Anderson Cancer Center.

And warm hugs for all of you fighting cancer.

More information about CAR T Cell therapy in these links

https://www.mskcc.org/car-cell-therapy

https://www.mdanderson.org/publications/cancerwise/2018/02/car-t-cell-therapy--9-things-to-know.html

Offline MattGodbey

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2018, 11:46:08 AM »
Hi, Mark. Courage to carry on. I don't even know you and you made my day. So how about that? You're passing it on, and I hope (no, I know) you'll continue to improve. You're being bombarded with good vibes.

Offline DanielGibbs

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2018, 12:17:23 PM »
Mark, awesome news!

Godspeed! :)
So Fight I - Echoes of the Past Book 2: 35%

I Have Fought a Good Fight - Echoes of the Past Book 3: 5%
Daniel Gibbs | Website | Twitter | Facebook