Author Topic: Audiobook creation (ACX) for someone outside USA/UK/CA/IR  (Read 320 times)  

Offline Nobody222

• View Profile
Audiobook creation (ACX) for someone outside USA/UK/CA/IR
« on: July 12, 2018, 05:14:35 AM »
Hello dear kboardlings,

I've been waiting for a long time for Amazon's ACX to allow non-US/UK/CA/IR users to create audiobooks through their platform.

https://audible-acx.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6791/~/can-i-use-acx-if-i-am-outside-of-the-us%2C-uk%2C-canada%2C-or-ireland%3F/

I've communicated with them, and such possibility doesn't seem likely in the near future. I'm not saying it will not happen, but certainly not in 2018 or 2019. Hence I came up with an idea, and I would like to get your input on it.

These are their requirements: 1- a mailing address, 2- valid local Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), 3- banking details for one of the countries listed above.

1- I can purchase a PO Box only, or any sort of US-based address easily.
2- I can get a US TIN (https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G201274700)
3- I can get an American bank account (through Payoneer for example)

Will this work? Am I going to have any problems with AMZ? Have you tried it? Do you live outside these selected countries and managed to create and publish an audiobook through ACX via this or any other method?

Cheers!

Offline Pacman

• Australia
    • View Profile
    • Leo Nix
Re: Audiobook creation (ACX) for someone outside USA/UK/CA/IR
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 02:14:52 PM »
I suggest you go through D2D and Findawayvoices rather than the pathway you have suggested. They market to all audio stores as well as iTunes and ACX.

post-apocalypse anyone?
Leo Nix |

Offline Nobody222

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 05:32:55 PM »
I was unaware of that site. Thanks for sharing!

Online Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
  • Destroyer of Science Fiction
    • View Profile
    • Patty Jansen Author of SF and fantasy
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 05:41:14 PM »
That plan won't work either.

There is a company called Archieboy that offers people without access to ACX access through their dashboard for a one-time payment per title (I think?). I haven't used them, but you might look into it, because this allows for royalty share (they also have narrators), so the model could be beneficial for people who don't want to fork out for a narrator upfront.

For all the kerfuffle they created when they started/partnered with D2D, the narrators from Findaway voices are often way more expensive than the ACX ones, and there is no royalty share option.

Online ........

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 09:25:30 PM »
Hello dear kboardlings,

I've been waiting for a long time for Amazon's ACX to allow non-US/UK/CA/IR users to create audiobooks through their platform.

https://audible-acx.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6791/~/can-i-use-acx-if-i-am-outside-of-the-us%2C-uk%2C-canada%2C-or-ireland%3F/

I've communicated with them, and such possibility doesn't seem likely in the near future. I'm not saying it will not happen, but certainly not in 2018 or 2019. Hence I came up with an idea, and I would like to get your input on it.

These are their requirements: 1- a mailing address, 2- valid local Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), 3- banking details for one of the countries listed above.

1- I can purchase a PO Box only, or any sort of US-based address easily.
2- I can get a US TIN (https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G201274700)
3- I can get an American bank account (through Payoneer for example)

Will this work? Am I going to have any problems with AMZ? Have you tried it? Do you live outside these selected countries and managed to create and publish an audiobook through ACX via this or any other method?

Cheers!

Yes this works. Get an EIN rather than ITIN.

Acx only cares about the US address, ein and US bank account.

Offline Aaronhodges

• New Zealand
    • View Profile
    • Aaron Hodges
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 07:21:34 AM »
Actually you don't even need a US taxnumber. They'll actually accept a foreign one on the form. All you need is a US address and bank account.