Kindle Forum banner

How familiar are you with the Sookie Universe?

• This is my first time to read any of the Southern Vampire mysteries

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • I have read Dead Until Dark, but have not read others in the Series

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • I have read some of the other Southern Vampire series books

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • I have read all of the Southern Vampire series books

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • I have watched True Blood on HBO

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • I have spent so much time with the Southern Vampire series, in some states Eric and I are legally ma

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • I am so into vampire lit, I seriously considered buying the Vampire Bunny.

Votes: 5 5.5%

Are you new to the Southern Vampire mysteries?

13K views 45 replies 31 participants last post by  Marguerite 
#1 ·
How familiar are you with the Sookie Universe?

Do you long to move to Shreveport? Have you considered chucking your life and opening a bar in a small Northern Louisiana town?

Or are you completely unfamiliar with the Southern Vampire mysteries, and wish we'd stop asking questions and get to the point?

Let us know! We promise not to tell anyone. Shhhhhh.

See less See more
#29 ·
Let me say that I do not like blood and guts type of stuff.  I was very hesitant to start reading vampire stuff.  The first vampire books that I read were the Twilight Series. I liked those so I decided I would try this.  Now I am hooked on Sookie!  I am starting book 6 in a few minutes.  I just can't put them down.  I just have to see what is going to happen to her next. 

#38 ·
I just started reading Dead Until Dark yesterday.  I'm just partway through chapter 2, but it seems like an entertaining read so far.  I've always loved vampire stories, so any other series/books you can recommend is always appreciated.

-Lynda

#39 ·
Haven't yet read the books although I downloaded to Kindle, but was given the first season of TRUE BLODD to watch.  Based on just the first episode, I think the show is just okay.

I'm hoping it gets more intriguing.

PLEASE tell me it gets more intriguing!

#40 ·
Chloista said:
Haven't yet read the books although I downloaded to Kindle, but was given the first season of TRUE BLODD to watch. Based on just the first episode, I think the show is just okay.

I'm hoping it gets more intriguing.

PLEASE tell me it gets more intriguing!
Most definitely! Lots of deviations from the books, but I like that - I can read the books and watch the series and not know what will happen (for the most part).

#44 ·
I love vampire novels. Love them, but I hadn't started reading Harris' book until I started watching True Blood, even though I've had the books here for YEARS. They were lost in one of my massive cases. Out of sight, out of mind. I'm catching up, though.  :p

#45 ·
I have just read the first book and I really enjoyed it.  I read the Twilight series and while I enjoyed them enough to get through them all I didn't see the huge big deal.  Especially on such a large scale.  I get the teens being all gaa gaa, since it's written for teens, but can't see the lure for anyone over 20. 

(sorry if anyone reading this is in the older group of Twilight worshippers, I will refrain from further discussion as I do have very strong opinions on this series and the movies and I don't want to cause an argument)

I look forward to reading the rest of the series!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.