Kindle Forum banner

Welcome to KBoards.com!

326K views 2K replies 1K participants last post by  CheetahNightStudios 
#1 ·
We're glad to have you. This board is for you to introduce yourself to other members.

Welcome, and thanks for stopping by KBoards!

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi I'm Susan and my Kindle's name is Aesop. I've been on the Amazon Kindle board since before I had a Kindle. Many thanks to Leslie for this new board.

#4 ·
I've been following the amazon discussions since I bought my Kindle last year.  I love my Kindle but I refuse to name it.  It's a Kindle not a dog.  I read all the time now and I read things I would ordinarily not have tried because the sample option.  I moved to this after finding out it is actually indexed.

Yogini@

#5 ·
Welcome Yogini, and glad to have you here.

I am another Kindle namer --- mine is Sir Sterndale-Bennett and he wears a lovely saddle M-edge cover, all the time.

Yes, this board is indexed and we can also do fun things, like insert pictures...

For example, here is Theodore Roosevelt who was born 150 years ago today. How's that for trivia?

#8 ·
Hi, Avalon here, got my Kindle in April, his name is Jeeves.

Nice to see everyone here.

#9 ·
Hello all,

Another newbie here. So new I don't even have my Kindle yet. I'm expecting it to arrive today and am just about ready to pounce on the delivery guy/girl. Got my list of "must have" books all ready to download, and I'm just itching to get my sticky little mits on it. Working on a name in the meantime. :-\

#12 ·
I will be joining the Kindle Owners Society sometime next week.  It is on order and expected to ship on Halloween.  I won't know until I actually see it whether I will be a namer or not.  I have been reading the ratings and discussion boards at Amazon.com for about two months, now, and saving towards the purchase price.  Oprah's $50 discount enabled me to purchase earlier than anticipated.  What a wonderful early Christmas present for me.

#13 ·
Penguin, Sandy, welcome, welcome! I am thrilled to have you here.

Sandy, you'll have to give us a full report. Halloween...you'll have to turn the light off on your porch and turn all those trick or treaters away. You'll be Kindling!

Penguin, tell your husband he'd be wise to order it now before they go out of stock. I have a feeling the Kindle will the THE gift to tuck under the tree this year. And then, he has to give it to you early because you have to make sure it works. And once you have it in your hot little hands, you'll never be able to let go.

And then get him something really really nice for Christmas...like a power drill. LOL

L

G
#15 ·
Hello all!

I haven't received my kindle yet, but am really excited about it. I am hoping it gets here before the expected delivery date of Nov. 1. I live in Little Rock, AR and it is only coming from Memphis. (about a 3 hour drive) I have been tempted to jump in the car and drive there it see if I could find it..........lol.

I have been thinking about buying one for several months since one of my boyfriend's customers mentioned it to him and we looked it up. Our excuse at the time: It is too expensive ($399) and it only does one thing (have used HP Jornada to read books in past). Then on Friday, Oprah has it on her show with an amazing $50 discount. Still thought it is probably too expensive, but checked out the amazon site anyway. Wonder of wonders, it had dropped in price....whoo hooo. Hit one-touch ordering only to find I could not apply O's discount. Had to cancel that order and reorder traditional way..........silly me. Also, am now kicking myself for not opting for 2-3 day delivery (would have been only $7 more).

As soon as Amazon said that my Kindle had shipped, I was amazed to find that I could begin to order books and sample chapters. I should have plenty to play with as soon as Kindle arrives and gets charged.

#16 ·
Hey Lucky, welcome! Glad to have you here.

You don't have to wait for your Kindle to get charged. You can read it and use the Whispernet while it is plugged into the charger. In fact, in a discussion among electrical-types, they concluded that the Kindle charges faster than the battery runs down, so it will charge perfectly well and completely even if you are busy reading a mile-a-minute.

Report back when your Kindle arrives. I love first day stories!

L

#17 ·
I'd been thinking about getting a Kindle.  I'm not a big Oprah fan, but the discount "made me do it".  I'm expecting it to be delivered probably tomorrow or Thursday.  Got my first two books picked out -- "Island Wise" and "The Devil's Candy".

#19 ·
Greetings, all!

I'm mike, and my wife and i have had our Kindles since January, and neither of us has read a dead-tree book since (and we - particularly my wife - read a LOT). We're also trying to be as "green" as possible, and the kindle is a great move forward on that score, as well.  ;D

In addition to being an avid Kindle owner and reader, I'm also a Kindle (and print) author. I'm not going to do any shameless self-promotion unless somebody's interested, but there's more info in the signature block for those who may be interested.

Lastly, I spend quite a bit of time trying to help out other Kindle authors and publishers on the Amazon DTP and Mobipocket forums, although more the former than the latter, since Mobipocket's system works well and DTP's doesn't.  ::)

So, that's enough blabbing about me!

Cheers,
Mike

G
#26 ·
DELIVERY UPDATE:

Amazon says my Kindle is in Little Rock as of 5:09 this morning. Probably means the earliest it will be in my hands is tomorrow sometime as I am sure that arrival scan means to the Distribution center not my local Post Office. I tell myself this to keep my sanity.  :D

Will update as soon as I know anything else.