Kadaxis LLC

Author Topic: Welcome to KBoards.com!  (Read 234965 times)  

Offline Angela

• Texas
  • aka: tx_angel, A Wayt, Babe, Mom, Grandma, Hey YOU
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to KindleBoards.com!
« Reply #175 on: November 22, 2008, 06:43:48 PM »
Congrats Susan E!!! Glad Gus is finally with you!

Hang in there Kristus... we will keep you company!

Offline Kristus412

• Orlando, Florida
  • read and let read.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 22, 2008, 08:54:30 PM »
Yes, by all means, check out the Tips and Tricks topic--you'll know everything about your Kindle, and shop for books in the Book Corner and shop for a present for your Kindle in Accessories.  We've found some great stuff and aren't afraid to share it!  Free books, bargain books and pretty, pretty stuff.....

Betsy

Thanks I think by Christmas I'll have quite a bit on my wish list for my Kindle I already have a few. The tip are great and I like to see what other people are reading now. I'm trying not to buy any I believe the term on here is dead tree books and just stick to the ones I already have or reread them. Luckily this board is helping take up a lot of my time.

Now I'm looking for an awesome name for my Kindle and I haven't even met it yet!
Kristen

Offline ScottBooks

• Germantown Maryland
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 22, 2008, 09:19:08 PM »
Thanks I think by Christmas I'll have quite a bit on my wish list for my Kindle I already have a few. The tip are great and I like to see what other people are reading now. I'm trying not to buy any I believe the term on here is dead tree books and just stick to the ones I already have or reread them. Luckily this board is helping take up a lot of my time.

Now I'm looking for an awesome name for my Kindle and I haven't even met it yet!

Hello Kristen,

There must be some way to convince your husband to let you open "just one" present early. While you're waiting, don't let all these women convince you to play Barbie with your Kindle. It doesn't need clothes.

You know that you can download books from the free sites to your computer now right? Then just drag and drop onto your Kindle---you could have 1000 books without spending a dime.

I have no idea who calls Walt in the middle of the night but you can pass your time with us.

Hope the time passes quickly!

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #178 on: November 23, 2008, 04:12:30 AM »
Hello Kristen,

There must be some way to convince your husband to let you open "just one" present early. While you're waiting, don't let all these women convince you to play Barbie with your Kindle. It doesn't need clothes.

You know that you can download books from the free sites to your computer now right? Then just drag and drop onto your Kindle---you could have 1000 books without spending a dime.

I have no idea who calls Walt in the middle of the night but you can pass your time with us.

Hope the time passes quickly!

Kristen--

Sounds like you're happy to wait.  Maybe you could drop a blanket over the gift or something, LOL!

We're indeed glad to help you spend the time.  You can get a lot of pre-Kindling done here!  As I probably said already, you'll want a gift for your Kindle, it keeps them happy, and Accessories is the place to find them!

Tee hee

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 23, 2008, 06:59:46 AM »
Kristen. . .

Dec 6 is the feast of St. Nicholas and since he's the original Santa Claus it's a perfect day to open a present.

Ann

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Vampyre

« Reply #180 on: November 23, 2008, 07:09:04 AM »
don't let all these women convince you to play Barbie with your Kindle. It doesn't need clothes

...or a name either..unless you really want your toaster to get jealous.

"Hey!  You didn't name  me!"   :(

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #181 on: November 23, 2008, 06:24:08 PM »
My toaster is secure in its nameless identity.

Betsy

Offline Dori

• Indiana
  • Dori is #10 x 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 23, 2008, 06:25:01 PM »
since mine burns a lot i call it Brownie.

Offline Lynn

• Lake Wales Florida
  • Member #356
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 23, 2008, 07:09:40 PM »
Kristen- Welcome, I live real close to you- in Lake Wales, Fl (near Winter Haven). I have named my Kindle Scotty and he does have a very nice Oberon cover that he is very proud to be seen wearing.

Offline Kristus412

• Orlando, Florida
  • read and let read.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2008, 08:41:19 PM »
Kristen- Welcome, I live real close to you- in Lake Wales, Fl (near Winter Haven). I have named my Kindle Scotty and he does have a very nice Oberon cover that he is very proud to be seen wearing.

My husband was raised in Winter Haven and his parents still live there so we're there every few weeks usually.
Kristen

Offline cj

• Wilmington, MA
    • View Profile
    • Light My Kindle
« Reply #185 on: November 27, 2008, 07:06:29 AM »
Hi, I'm new here. My name's CJ and I've had my Kindle since March. I loved the Kindle so much that after a few weeks of playing with it, I started a blog about it - http://www.lightmykindle.com.

I'm looking forward to being able to talk about the Kindle with other Kindle owners, since most of the time when I talk about the Kindle, I'm answering questions about it for potential buyers or curious relatives.

Offline Dori

• Indiana
  • Dori is #10 x 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 27, 2008, 07:08:57 AM »
Welcome to kindleboards.  It is a great place for all things kindle and other neat stuff.

Offline Micdiddy

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2008, 12:52:28 AM »
My name is Micah and I'm a college student. I haven't got my Kindle yet but it's in the mail.
I've read over 50 books this year alone, all in paper form, and cannot wait to have my hands on the Kindle. It's all I talk about, my girlfriend doesn't think I love her anymore.
*mumble against authority*

LuckyRainbow

« Reply #188 on: November 29, 2008, 03:10:08 AM »
Welcome, Micah. Hope your Kindle gets to you quickly.

Vampyre

« Reply #189 on: November 29, 2008, 03:55:02 AM »
I've read over 50 books this year alone, all in paper form, and cannot wait to have my hands on the Kindle. It's all I talk about, my girlfriend doesn't think I love her anymore.

After your Kindle arrives, try to make time for her and not talk about it too much.  Do not take it with you on dates.(the Kindle, not the girl friend)

When you feel the urge and just have to talk about your Kindle, come here and do it, we're all of a like mind here(hive mind?)  We understand your joy.  Welcome.

Online Betsy the Quilter

• Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #190 on: November 29, 2008, 04:06:22 AM »
My name is Micah and I'm a college student. I haven't got my Kindle yet but it's in the mail.

Welcome, Micah!  Congratulations on your soon-to-arrive Kindle!  Let us know when it gets here, we love being on Kindlewatch with an expectant owner.

Be sure to check out the Book Corner, we have lots of recommendations of free and bargain books!

Don't let the Kindle come between you and your girlfriend, though.  We've already heard tales of Kindle widows and winders, LOL!

Betsy

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
  • Global Moderator
  • Maine, USA
  • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
    • View Profile
    • Maine Desk
« Reply #191 on: November 29, 2008, 05:03:39 AM »
Welcome, Micah! Congratulations on your Kindle purchase. Glad to have you here.

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline Angela

• Texas
  • aka: tx_angel, A Wayt, Babe, Mom, Grandma, Hey YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 29, 2008, 09:58:06 AM »
Hello CJ and Micah! Welcome to the boards!

Offline Micdiddy

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 29, 2008, 12:49:26 PM »
After your Kindle arrives, try to make time for her and not talk about it too much.  Do not take it with you on dates.(the Kindle, not the girl friend)

When you feel the urge and just have to talk about your Kindle, come here and do it, we're all of a like mind here(hive mind?)  We understand your joy.  Welcome.

Well, I live with my girlfriend and I've already made some space between us in bed to place my Kindle. We don't go on dates anymore, I spend my nights browsing Gutenberg. Every time I say "I love you," I whisper "Kindle."
She's knows that she could never ask me to choose between her and It.

Offline Micdiddy

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 29, 2008, 12:50:31 PM »
Welcome, Micah. Hope your Kindle gets to you quickly.

Thanks for the welcome! My Kindle should arrive next week. It's refurbished, but parents still love the children they adopt as much as the ones they made, right?

Offline Micdiddy

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 29, 2008, 12:53:06 PM »
Welcome, Micah!  Congratulations on your soon-to-arrive Kindle!  Let us know when it gets here, we love being on Kindlewatch with an expectant owner.

Be sure to check out the Book Corner, we have lots of recommendations of free and bargain books!

Don't let the Kindle come between you and your girlfriend, though.  We've already heard tales of Kindle widows and winders, LOL!

Betsy

Thanks for the friendly welcome (again). I will definitely check out the book center and have already downloaded some free books ready to be put on my Kindle!

Offline Micdiddy

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 29, 2008, 12:53:28 PM »
Welcome, Micah! Congratulations on your Kindle purchase. Glad to have you here.

L

Glad to be here.

Offline Micdiddy

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 29, 2008, 12:53:49 PM »
Hello CJ and Micah! Welcome to the boards!

Thank you!

Online Betsy the Quilter

• Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #198 on: November 29, 2008, 05:29:03 PM »
Hi, I'm new here. My name's CJ and I've had my Kindle since March. I loved the Kindle so much that after a few weeks of playing with it, I started a blog about it - http://www.lightmykindle.com.

I'm looking forward to being able to talk about the Kindle with other Kindle owners, since most of the time when I talk about the Kindle, I'm answering questions about it for potential buyers or curious relatives.

CJ--

Welcome to Kindleboards.  Enjoyed looking at your blog!  I'm going to put it on my RSS update list.

Be sure to explore the Kboards--head on over to the Book Corner where we've got lots of recommendations for free & bargain books, and our members' favorite books.  We've also got book clubs beginning in January!

Also, Tips & Tricks and Let's Talk Kindle!

Betsy

Offline RB

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 30, 2008, 05:29:20 PM »
Hi,
I've been on the boards for a couple of weeks now, but never introduced myself.  I've named my kindle "Obsessive Kindlesive", because when I'm not reading on it, I'm on the computer reading about it or it's accessories!!  My mom and sisters and I all bought at the same time (about a month ago) and none of us can put them down.  We just got home from Mexico, and all 4 of us were lined up on lounge chairs in the sun with our kindles!!  (Glad the husbands were around, or we'd have some neglected kids this trip!)
RB 

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac