Author Topic: Welcome to KBoards.com!  (Read 234986 times)  

Offline AR Marchel

• Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to KBoards.com!
« Reply #2050 on: October 08, 2017, 12:48:28 PM »
Hello! I'm a new writer who's still planning the first novel and getting ahead of myself by looking into self publishing. I often read the kboards Writers' Cafe posts since it's interesting to see what other people are doing or talking about. I've been reading a lot of ebooks lately (although on a kobo haha - maybe I'll get a kindle too someday). Hope to learn a lot more and maybe contribute one day! Thanks!

Offline Elle Viviani

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: October 10, 2017, 06:41:01 PM »
Hello! New KBoards member, contemporary romance author, dog momma, and dark chocolate enthusiast. Been lurking around KBoards for awhile, so I thought Id finally join!

Offline Book Cottage Blogger

• View Profile
    • Book Cottage Blog
« Reply #2052 on: October 12, 2017, 04:24:49 AM »
So, this may be a little like a re-introduction. My name is Linda, and Im a member from way back but I havent logged in for quite some time.  Lately Ive been missing the community feeling of being a member of a forum, and having no one in my life that reads (go figure), Ive decided that I need to start making the time again to join in.  I really enjoyed this group when I was active a few years back, so Im looking forward to becoming reacquainted with some of the familiar names, and getting to know some of the ones that I dont recognize. Whew, long way to say hi! Anyway, so glad to see that this forum is still very active!

Offline Felisia

• Fluffy Kitties are Bestest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: October 15, 2017, 09:29:24 PM »
Hi hi to all! Voracious reader with a minor hobby in writing. Happy to be here among other readers and writers.

Offline eryatscoff

• View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: October 26, 2017, 01:21:54 PM »
Hello,
I'm trying to find the area where I can post and I found this.  I am a Kindle reader and author who writes firefighter crime and MG and YA adventures

Offline eryatscoff

• View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: October 26, 2017, 01:28:17 PM »
The novels pics you see are now in paperback and there are several more.  I am the 1st firefighter in Canada to write crime novels with a firefighter as a protagonist.  Another novel, my latest, is on a great deal for all you Kindlers.  TEETH OF THE COCODRILO

Offline Helen Allan

• View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: November 05, 2017, 10:34:42 PM »
Hi, My name is Helen Allan, I am an author and I've just found kboards through Lincoln Cole's fantastic website. So thanks Lincoln, I'm doing my first scout campaign and I headed over to read your tips and now I'm here and about to go back to your website.

Offline asapessay

• View Profile
    • custom essay writing services
« Reply #2057 on: November 06, 2017, 05:13:30 AM »
Hello
A
custom essay writing services needs to find a balance between the quality of the work and the prices for such work. Asapessay has found the perfect combination for students.. This means having the most reasonable prices with the most highly qualified writers in the business.

Offline Chris Parker

• Know the power of the darkside
    • View Profile
    • authorchrisparker.wixsite.com
« Reply #2058 on: November 11, 2017, 04:49:16 AM »
Hello, Kboards! My name's Chris Parker. What's yours? (Hocus Pocus reference)

Author Chris Parker

Offline KarenMBryson

• Florence, AZ
  • Award-winning romantic mystery and suspense writer
    • View Profile
    • Romantic mystery and suspense writer
« Reply #2059 on: December 03, 2017, 08:07:55 AM »
I'm new to this forum. I hope I'm posting correctly! My name is Karen M. Bryson. I am the author of over 50 books (40 of which are romance novels).
I'm slowly moving my brand towards romantic mystery and suspense.
I spend my days as a professor. Writing is my part-time job. It's great to be here.
Karen M. Bryson
Add a little mystery to your life!
Karen M. Bryson
Award-winning romantic mystery and suspense writer

Offline ProDesigns

• ProDesigns aims to build your brand image strong.
    • View Profile
    • ProDesigns - Graphic Design Company
« Reply #2060 on: December 22, 2017, 09:41:01 PM »
Hello all,

We are ProDesigns from India.

Offline scaudell

• View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: January 09, 2018, 07:17:53 AM »
Hi, I am Sara, my name on here is scaudell.  I am on my 5th Kindle.  I write and am an avid reader.  I try not to keep more the 500 books unread.   I am a sucker for free or cheap mysteries.

Offline LukeSchmidt

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: January 15, 2018, 10:08:00 AM »
Hey,

I'm Luke Schmidt.

I've been a long-time lurker here and decided to finally make an account. I plan on putting out a couple books before summer, hopefully, if school doesn't get in the way. I've learned a lot browsing here for years. I read using Kindle, iBooks, and Google Books.

Nice to meet all of you. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:09:48 AM by LukeSchmidt »

Lucas Schmidt

Online F. Feliz

• USA
  • Writer of YA/NA Lit
    • View Profile
    • Author Site
« Reply #2063 on: January 15, 2018, 02:47:10 PM »
Hello, writers and readers! I'm a writer of YA/NA fiction and have been lurking the Writer's Cafe for quite some time. I finally decided to create an account in hopes of publishing soon, whenever that is. This has been a very useful and invaluable forum, so I look forward to more discovery and enlightenment. Happy Writing/Reading!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:29:56 PM by FF »

Offline TascheLaine

• View Profile
    • Tasche Laine, Author
« Reply #2064 on: February 16, 2018, 04:23:13 PM »
Hello, I'm brand new to kboards but have had a kindle fire for three years. I am an avid reader and new author, and my first book is in a kindle scout campaign with six days left. Please check it out at:  https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/3UR67UV25NY1S
I look forward to connecting with you on these boards.

Thanks,
Tasche
Just self-published my first book! The dream comes true!
Tasche Laine | blog | Facebook | Twitter | Website | Goodreads | Amazon

Offline Randy1ee

• View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: February 25, 2018, 02:21:17 AM »
Hi all, This is my intro. I will say more later. I am here as a kindle and fire user.
   - Randy

Offline carlhackman

• View Profile
    • Carl Hackman - Fantasy Author
« Reply #2066 on: February 25, 2018, 03:35:40 AM »
Hi, my name is Carl Hackman and I'm new to kboards. I'm a traditionally published author of fantasy fiction. At the moment I have 2 published items, a prequel short story and the first in a series of humorous fantasy novels. I have finished the next in the series and also another none related novel. I'm in the middle of my 4th and have the 3rd in the GERALD series plotted, and they should be completed before the end of this year.

I love to chat with other authors and readers, and am looking forward to being active here at kboards.

Have a great day :)
JAGUAR: 100%

GERALD AND THE THREE PRINCESSES: 100%

WILFRID: 50%
Carl Hackman | Website | Facebook | Twitter

Offline GargoyleGirl

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: March 01, 2018, 02:44:41 PM »
Hello, everyone!
My name is Lisa and I am both a reader and a writer. I predominantly love to read urban fantasy, paranormal romance and historical romance. I write urban fantasy with a touch of romance, paranormal romance and fantasy. My favorite authors are Patricia Briggs, Kristen Painter, Anne Bishop, Colleen Gleason but that's just the very top tier, there are too many to count.  ::)

I rarely go a day without reading. I had a kindle for years but one day it started skipping a page after every page and even after rebooting, it was a no go. I loaded the kindle app on my iPad mini and have never looked back. I am on my second mini now. None of these devices have names. I honestly never even thought about naming them. I might now that I know it's a thing.

I started a publishing company to produce my own books and the books of the authors in my writers group as well as our group anthologies. To date, I have put out about 15 books in total with more scheduled every year.

I love all things books and I am happy to be here, eager to learn and hopefully I have some valuable information to impart to you all. Thanks! :)

Offline Gary Lee Chattaway

• London
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: March 27, 2018, 02:46:34 PM »
Hi there all, my name's Gary Lee Chattaway and i'm a new face around here.
I'm a non-fiction author based in London, who at the moment is enjoying Let's get digital, by David Gaughran's and William Zinsser's On Writing Well.
Meanwhile the author in me try's to get at least 600 words a day on the screen in front of me, which can be difficult to maintain sometimes. That's unless i'm editing, which is also a rather intense workout.
I am looking forward to meeting many of you over time.
take care.

PS Happy Easter 

Offline mjt57

• View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: April 02, 2018, 02:11:42 AM »
Hi.
My name is Martin, and Im from Australia. I discovered this board while searching for the term highlighters which Ive seen in some ebooks.

Anyway, Ive owned Kindles for years, starting with the huge DX, then progressing to the Touch, Paperwhite and now the new 7 Kindle Oasis.

Im into mainly thrillers and spy books. Typically John Grisham, Tom Clancy, Frederick Forsyth, Daniel Silva, David Baldacci and the like.

I look forward to participating here and to perhaps to expand my reading horizons.

Offline Jenwrites

• Texas
  • Safe = Regrets
    • View Profile
    • J. Leigh James
Hello!
« Reply #2070 on: May 11, 2018, 09:26:14 PM »
Hi Everyone!

I'm Jen, and I have a Kindle Keyboard (I think that's what it's called.) My husband bought it for me for Christmas one year, even though I told him that I loved reading paperbacks too much to switch to an ereader. (Silly me!!!  ;D) I love it so much that even when he's prodded me over the years to upgrade to a new version, I simply can't.

I stumbled on this forum as I was researching how to market my books (my pen name is J. Leigh James), and I'm so glad I did. The posts on this site seem warm and inviting, so I just had to join.

I look forward to learning more about this community, and the great stories you're creating for us to read.
Granted: 85%

Mistletoe Madness: 70%

Son of Water: 10%
J. Leigh James | website | Facebook

Offline ninsyl07

• View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: May 12, 2018, 04:19:15 PM »
Hi, everyone. My name is ninsyl07. I was a crypto-logic linguist in the Air Force for 10 years and became a news writer when I got out of the military. So, for 20 some years,  I pounded the keys on an electric typewriter (don't mind being dated) for various small & large newspapers in the South until 2010. Now, I'm retired and trying my hand on writing e-books and dabbling on digital art. I'm glad to be here.

Offline lolaparker

• View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: May 13, 2018, 10:35:29 AM »
My name is Lola. I've been a kindle e-reader for... 11 years (bought the the first edition when it came out and have been in love ever since as it has improved). I've recently gotten into writing myself and have been a lurker of this board for a while now, thought I would join finally.

Offline ShelleyRNolan

• View Profile
    • Shelley Russell Nolan
« Reply #2073 on: May 17, 2018, 04:43:43 PM »
Hi,

I'm Shell and I'm a sci fi/fantasy author from CQ, published with a small press and looking to self publish books as well. I have an old Kindle (the one with the keyboard) and am dreading the day it dies on me. Although it might be nice to upgrade to a newer version, I would then have to go through all my books to work out which ones I haven't read yet and set up new folders.

Shell

Shelley Russell Nolan

Offline nclarkston

• View Profile
    • Nicole Clarkston
« Reply #2074 on: May 21, 2018, 07:22:16 AM »
Hello,

My name is Nicole Clarkston, and I have been a Kindle author for three years. I can't believe all the fun I've been missing here at K Boards! Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Nicole Clarkston | Blog