Author Topic: Welcome to KBoards.com!  (Read 234912 times)  

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
  • Global Moderator
  • Maine, USA
  • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
    • View Profile
    • Maine Desk
Re: Welcome to KindleBoards.com!
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2008, 04:39:57 AM »
Welcome, Jim. Glad to have you here!

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline SusanE

• Baltimore MD
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2008, 12:00:48 PM »
Hi!  I'm Susan and I just ordered my Kindle today.  I was supposed to wait until Christmas but I just couldn't.  I have been craving one for months.  My daughter is going to kill me.  She wanted to wrap it up and put it under the tree.  Guess I'll just have to find something else for the tree.

Haven't decided on a name yet.  I have to wait until I see it.  The Amazon site said delivery in 2-3 weeks.  Looking forward to meeting everyone and participating on the boards.
Susan

Offline Suzanne

• N. Huntingdon, PA
  • No. 336
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2008, 05:38:25 PM »
Hi!  I'm Susan and I just ordered my Kindle today.  I was supposed to wait until Christmas but I just couldn't.  I have been craving one for months.  My daughter is going to kill me.  She wanted to wrap it up and put it under the tree.  Guess I'll just have to find something else for the tree.

Haven't decided on a name yet.  I have to wait until I see it.  The Amazon site said delivery in 2-3 weeks.  Looking forward to meeting everyone and participating on the boards.

Hi Susan! (Like your name  ;D!) Welcome! Tell your daughter to take a picture of her mom with the big smile on her face and put that under the tree!

Welcome to all newcomers.

Offline chynared21

• Phew...Teninx found his tinfoil hat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2008, 05:41:56 PM »
She wanted to wrap it up and put it under the tree.  Guess I'll just have to find something else for the tree.

Amazon gift cards would be a great thing to stick under the tree too :-)) Welcome aboard!

Offline Sailor

• California
  • Babe of the Voyage
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2008, 08:53:34 PM »
Hello all our new members, wow how exciting that we have so many in a few days, you will love it here...it's easy to get lost in the KindleBoards just like getting lost in a good book.  We laugh we cry...oops, that's luckyrainbow's line...LOL.

BTW Hello Baccardi Jim, well...guess your not a 'secret' any more :-X LOL

Welcome Aboard Everyone, Make yourselves at home here.
That which does not destroy me-has made a fatal tactical error!   You keep campaigning for a azz whoopin', you gonna get elected.  
It is not enough that I succeed. All who oppose me must fail.         You're never too old if you can still cock your pistol.

Offline Angela

• Texas
  • aka: tx_angel, A Wayt, Babe, Mom, Grandma, Hey YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2008, 09:02:31 PM »
People are joining the boards so fast that I can't keep up anymore with who I have welcomed and those I haven't... Welcome to BacardiJim and Susan and I'm sorry if I missed anyone from earlier posts. Susan whatever you do, don't let anyone talk you into waiting until Christmas to open your Kindle...  Ask for a gift card for books or accessories, just don't deprive yourself of your Kindle! Let us know when it arrives!

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
  • Global Moderator
  • Maine, USA
    • View Profile
    • Maine Desk
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2008, 03:10:39 AM »
Hi Susan -- welcome! Glad to have you here!

Leslie

Leslie Nicoll

Offline SusanE

• Baltimore MD
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2008, 07:29:35 AM »
I'm just going to tell my DD that I can't wait until Christmas.  What if I don't like it?  (I doubt that will happen).  I only have 30 days before I can return it.  I should have had it sent to me at work instead of home.  It's not expected before Thanksgiving so I have lots of time to think up good excuses.    :)

Susan
Susan

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2008, 09:13:46 AM »
I'm just going to tell my DD that I can't wait until Christmas.  What if I don't like it?  (I doubt that will happen).  I only have 30 days before I can return it.  I should have had it sent to me at work instead of home.  It's not expected before Thanksgiving so I have lots of time to think up good excuses.    :)

Susan

You go girl!! ...and if you need any help with ideas, I have a whole list of them thanks to the great people here on this board! lol  :D

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
  • Global Moderator
  • Maine, USA
    • View Profile
    • Maine Desk
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2008, 01:04:57 PM »

Susan

Actually, Amazon's Holiday return policy is in place right now. It started on November 1. Items purchased between 11/1 and 12/31 can be returned up until 1/31/09. So you really have close to 90 days, not the usual 30.

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2008, 09:34:09 PM »
Hi, My name is Kathy and my daughter Marcy and I received our new Kindles last week. We both wanted one for Christmas last year, but as you probably already know they were sold out. I have always loved to read and passed that on to my daughter. Finding out that we could share an account and books was the deciding factor for us on the Kindle. I live in Florida and she lives in Texas and this has been a great fun for us. Of course we are both spending to much money on books but it is so hard to resist.

We have both been enjoying the Kindle forums on Amazon, which have been very informative how to use the Kindle. I'm looking at cases now and haven't decided which one to buy. I travel for work and spend a lot of time in airports. I want something that encloses the Kindle and I'm not sure that the case that it came with is save enough. It will be in my briefcase and I want something that is really secure. I will keep reading the reviews on the cases that I've seen on this website.

Thanks everyone with sharing so much information. It is really appreciated to new users like me.

Kathy, congratulations on the Kindles and on your first post in the forum!  This is a great place and I know you'll learn a lot, I know I have!  Keep checking out the accessories section of KindleBoards for information on cases, there's a lot of information there.

Betsy

Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Vampyre

« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2008, 09:37:13 AM »

Susan

OK, here's my idea. 

Open your Kindle
Take that picture of you grinning and put it in the Kindle box wit hall the stuff you don't need.
Wrap it up and toss it under the tree...once you all put it up.

Oh, um I said hi in another thread I started like a total noob before I noticed this one.
I don't have my Kindle yet and I never ever thought of naming it.  It must be a girl thing to name stuff.  I don't know.
There are so many new people here for 2 reasons.
1)Oprah and her offer. I missed it.
2)Leslie is such a spammer over on the amazon discussion board.  She is like a Borg..."Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated.  Go to http://www.kboards.com now"  so here I am.

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
  • Global Moderator
  • Maine, USA
    • View Profile
    • Maine Desk
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2008, 11:34:02 AM »

2)Leslie is such a spammer over on the amazon discussion board.  She is like a Borg..."Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated.  Go to http://www.kboards.com now"  so here I am.

And we are glad you are here!

Leslie Nicoll

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2008, 12:39:01 PM »
Leslie is such a spammer over on the amazon discussion board.  She is like a Borg..."Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated.  Go to http://www.kboards.com now"  so here I am.

That's why I came to KindleBoards and look what happened!  I became a Senior Member and a Moderator.  Resistance is indeed futile!

Welcome, welcome, welcome to all!

Betsy

Vampyre

« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2008, 03:20:28 PM »
Most Online Today: 327. Most Online Ever: 327 (Today at 12:33:25 PM)

I found this interesting...327 people out of about 426 were on today..I guess the other 99 were too busy with their Kindles.

Offline Linda Cannon-Mott

• Assignment #118
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2008, 06:21:21 PM »
I have been out of state a few days with no access to the forum  :( and see our membership continues to grow. I attempted to welcome everyone but if I missed anyone... Welcome to the klub!!

Happy kindling,
Linda

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2008, 09:30:50 PM »
Hello Vampyre and welcome.

• Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2008, 05:26:10 AM »
I have been out of state a few days with no access to the forum  :( and see our membership continues to grow. I attempted to welcome everyone but if I missed anyone... Welcome to the klub!!

Happy kindling,
Linda

People have been wondering...we were starting rumors about you, SJC, quickfics and RovingSoul!

Betsy

Offline Vicki

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2008, 02:16:24 PM »
I am Vicki and a newbie. My Kindle is somewhere in this house but I don't know where. I have promised not to snoop although it is really hard. This is one year that I can not wait for Khristmas!

Vampyre

« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2008, 02:48:58 PM »
You are a better person than me.   I'd find my Kindle and then be unwrapping an empty box for Christmas.  I would of course add just enough weight so the box wouldn't feel empty. 

If you were really mischievous, you'd take the new (empty) Kindle box and shake it hard and maybedrop it a few times.  :)

Offline Suzanne

• N. Huntingdon, PA
  • No. 336
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2008, 02:55:18 PM »
Welcome Vicki! I don't envy you having to wait for Christmas to play with your baby. But won't your really have to open it to check it during the first 30-day period?

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2008, 06:54:52 PM »
Vicki,

I hope whoever ordered it and is now TORTURING you at least opened it to make sure it was working. . . .

Ann

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

LuckyRainbow

« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2008, 07:49:17 PM »
But won't your really have to open it to check it during the first 30-day period?

I think Leslie mentioned in another thread that Amazon has their Holiday return policy in place. It gives you more like 90 days.

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2008, 10:21:03 PM »
Hi Vicki and welcome... My hubby told me I had to wrap Kindle with no name after I had played with it for a week and had to wait until Christmas... BUT, after a morning of begging from me and teasing from him, he let me have it back. I understand your pain and wish you didn't have to wait!

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
  • Global Moderator
  • Maine, USA
    • View Profile
    • Maine Desk
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2008, 04:20:02 AM »
I think Leslie mentioned in another thread that Amazon has their Holiday return policy in place. It gives you more like 90 days.

Yes, they do...for stuff purchased/shipped after 11/1, it can be returned until 1/31/09.

Welcome, Vicki! Glad to have you here...

I can't imagine being in a house with a hidden Kindle. I'd go nutz!

L

Leslie Nicoll

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac