Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.

Author Topic: Welcome to KBoards.com!  (Read 215718 times)  

Offline premieritzone

• Delhi
  • Article Writer from Delhi
    • View Profile
    • Casio G Shock Watches UK
Re: Welcome to KBoards.com!
« Reply #2025 on: April 13, 2017, 03:32:20 AM »
Thanks for the info!

Offline Raimy

• View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: April 16, 2017, 07:00:32 PM »
Hello from Woodland Hills, CA. I'm an author who generally writes thrillers, but don't hold me to it. A beautiful love story might take hold of me tomorrow.

Online ID Johnson

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: April 27, 2017, 05:13:28 PM »
Hi everyone!
I've been reading posts for years as a "guest" but finally decided today was the day to get involved! I'm an indie author, but I'm also an avid reader. I'm excited to have the opportunity to interact with other people who love books as much as I do!

Offline esjohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: May 02, 2017, 05:46:19 PM »
Hi, my name is Esther. I do not own a Kindle. I am working on my debut novel. I am so glad to be here.

Offline esjohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: May 02, 2017, 05:55:23 PM »
Hi fellow readers, writers, guests, and all the rest! My first time here and new to self publishing. I am working on my debut 'East meets West' novel. This seems to be a great place. Just what I was looking for.

Offline EpicLevi

• Pennsylvania, US
    • View Profile
    • Epic Grit
« Reply #2030 on: May 19, 2017, 11:52:29 AM »
Hello, all!

My name is Levi. I am a lifelong reader and a beginning writer. I used to have a dozen bookshelves full of books that I had to get rid of when I moved. Now I have a new Kindle 8 and a Kobo Glo HD, which I can take with me anywhere.

I love to read gritty adventure stories, spanning multiple fiction genres and narrative nonfiction. I do reviews on Goodreads and on EpicGrit.com. Hopefully, I'll have a book of my own to release later this year!

All the best,
Levi

Offline writelearndream

• Oregon
    • View Profile
    • writelearndream.com
« Reply #2031 on: May 30, 2017, 02:41:08 PM »
Hello, everyone! *waves* Making my first post so I can edit the profile-y thing. I'm an indie author who self-publishes via Amazon's KDP & CreateSpace and a reader of All the Things with a Kindle App on my tablet. Looking forward to learning & sharing ideas!
Warmest regards,
Sione

Offline BrendaSloan

• View Profile
    • brendasloan.com
« Reply #2032 on: June 03, 2017, 02:25:24 PM »
I am fortunate to have witnessed the alchemy of words transform destiny into reality.
                                                                                                                               -  Brenda Sloan

Brenda Sloan | website | facebook | twitter

Offline abstractpoet29

• View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: June 05, 2017, 05:37:26 PM »
Hi, my name is Jasmine. I am not a Proofreader (certified anyway). I do have a question about how to become a Certified Proofreader. I have been working on a few projects as a book editor, content editor, proofreader, and beta reader.I have a BA in English, and I'm a published author. I recently decided to pursue a career as a Copyeditor. I have been researching and looking up what to do. But I was wondering if anyone else would be willing to help by giving some direction.
Eventually, I would love to start my own business with editing services along with other services as well.

Thanks in advance. Praying that I learn and grow on this path I've embarked.

Offline MCGlan

• Canada
    • View Profile
    • Amazon Author Page
« Reply #2034 on: June 07, 2017, 06:04:32 PM »
 :) Hi everyone glad to be here

Offline Elsye_Harwood

• View Profile
    • Elsye Harwood
« Reply #2035 on: June 22, 2017, 03:01:10 PM »
Hello,

For once I can honestly say, greetings from sunny Britain :). Not yet a kindle user, I'm still far too attached to my house full of books and thanks to the joys of teaching full time (and writing a bit *cough*) the act of reading is still a special ritual of paper fondling. Sacrifice optional. I read what I write and teach so it's mainly historical fantasy or the classics at the moment. I will admit to the odd stack of Marian Keyes et al in the bathroom  as my guilty secret. I'm allergic to technology so I'll have to see if what I read around here persuades me.

Looking forward to asking daft questions and maybe even helping out a bit.

Elsye
Historical fantasy mainly but knowing me it'll be all the ones I read as a child. Enid Blyton Scifi?
Elsye Harwood | My Blog | Facebook | Twitter

Offline DiannS

• View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: June 25, 2017, 12:58:25 AM »
Hello...thank you.  Happy to be here!  I;m in Spain at the moment.  I just published my first novel...took me 18 months to write it after promising myself 25 years that I would write a book!  And, it's important to note: in January, 2016, I sold everything and left Florida to travel the world.  I have lots more stories to tell.  Thank you for this group! Diann of DiannAbroad.com  :  https://www.diannabroad.com/

Offline Mark J

• View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: June 25, 2017, 01:44:06 PM »
Hi, I'm Mark J Newman, and brand new to K Boards. I've been published on Amazon for a little over a year, learning indie publishing as I go. I'm a crime and thriller author based in the UK, and very pleased to be here to share ideas with like minded people and learn from more established authors. If you want to find out more about what I do, check out: http://ViewAuthor.at/markjnewman

Offline Shewman Copyediting

• View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: July 07, 2017, 01:06:04 PM »
Hello Everyone.
    Glad to join the forum.  I have owned a Kindle since 2010 and love it. I also read on the Kindle app on my iPhone and iPad for complete convenience. No waiting in line with nothing to read when I have my entire Kindle library on my phone. I still enjoy reading paper books as well.

I will set up a thread on the Yellow Pages soon. I am getting my new freelance copyediting, proofreading, and indexing business up and running. I have worked in insurance claims for many years and recently retired so I could start my editorial services business. I have a specialized certificate in copyediting from the University of California San Diego Ext. and indexing training from UC Berkeley Ext. I'm currently engaged in some pro bono work copyediting short stories through an editorial agency that works with nonprofits and literary magazines, in addition to getting my business up and running. I am flexible and aim to keep my prices reasonable.

Looking forward to participating in the kboards forum.

Kathleen Shewman
Shewman Copyediting Services     

Offline toddhicks209

• St. Louis
    • View Profile
    • Where to find my books
« Reply #2039 on: July 11, 2017, 11:48:53 PM »
As a new member, I look forward to being in the discussions.

Todd Hicks

Offline Ryan W. Mueller

• Missour, United States
    • View Profile
    • Ryan W. Mueller
« Reply #2040 on: July 14, 2017, 11:36:24 AM »
I just joined. My name is Ryan W. Mueller, and I'm a fantasy author. On June 30th, I released my first published book, Empire of Chains. I'm active in quite a few online communities, but I've never gotten around to here. I hope to make some friends (and a few sales wouldn't hurt either  ;D).
God Child (The God War's Chosen, #2): 65%

The Broken Sky (The Broken Sky, #1: 10%
Ryan W. Mueller | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Mailing List

Offline Skryb

• Somewhere scribblin' on a page...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: July 15, 2017, 05:50:32 PM »
Hello!

I am new to KBoards. I do not own a Kindle, but have an app on my computer/ipad, so I enjoy reading that way.

My purpose, actually, for seeking community here, is to find support from fellow writers, who are seasoned in the craft of fiction/memoir/novel writing. People who have pushed through and completed a "book to shelf" sort of idea. I suppose I seek a bit of mentorship from people and had hoped I might be able to find it here. I know there is no better source than experience and I am interested in hearing about what people have to share.

Respectfully,

Skryb

Offline lindablack

• View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: August 08, 2017, 06:35:33 PM »
Good morning or evening, depending on where you are in the world. I live in Sydney but am currently in Toronto, Canada. A good friend of mine, who shall remained unnamed, recommended Kboards to me tonight. So I have registered. I'll be exploring this site for several days, just to get an idea on how it works.

I studied Old English and Seamus Heaney's poetry in the Comparative Literature department at the University of Toronto, which I enjoyed immensely. I have recently written a short story to see if I could write a story based on credible characters. I really enjoyed the process and have lots of material from my life to turn into short stories.

I also would love to edit other people's work. I'm happy to hear suggestions on how this may work here.

Cheers
Linda

Offline MaquelAJ

• Hillsboro, OR
  • Diversity is the key to loving life
    • View Profile
    • Maquel A. Jacob
« Reply #2043 on: August 24, 2017, 11:05:40 AM »
Hello all! I am an indie author of LGBTQ friendly Sci-Fi, Fantasy and the Paranormal with a bit of romance and a touch of gore. Not the owner of a kindle but I do read through the Kindle app on my tablet. Hope that counts. Look forward to seeing what Kboards is all about and meet new authors/readers.
Broaden your horizons with Sci-Fi, Fantasy and the Paranormal with a dash of Romance and a touch of Gore

Offline junsukiu

• View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: August 24, 2017, 07:20:06 PM »
Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene.
geometry dash

Offline 3 Grands

• View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: August 25, 2017, 08:27:36 AM »
 Hi,So glad to be on here. I love reading as my family can tell you. I am a big print reader,but have started to download books on my Kindle Fire. I just finished a book last week and it was a cozy set in NY. The setting was near the Brooklyn Bridge,1PP and the Mayors office. The main character was a young woman who owned a small eatery and who made sticky buns and other pastries. I can't remember the name of the book:( Also can I still retrieve any books on bookfunnel to re-read. Thanks so much and happy reading everyone!!!!

Offline Apollovreal

• View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: September 06, 2017, 04:46:53 PM »
Hello.  My name is Apollo... yes, it actually is "Apollo" thanks to my dad and the Apollo Lunar missions.  I'm a self-published Urban Fantasy author as well as a cowriter for my ongoing comic book series. I don't have a Kindle, but I do have the app.  I'm happy to be a part of this community and look forward to meeting awesome new readers and authors.  Thank you.

Offline CarolineS

• Brisbane, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Grant and Tender Writing
« Reply #2047 on: September 15, 2017, 02:30:25 AM »
Hi everyone,

Glad to be on KBoards and to see what everyone is up to. I'm an indie author based in Australia.

Caroline Savage | Blog | Forum | Facebook

Offline Paranorma1

• View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: September 15, 2017, 12:23:44 PM »
Hi! (I sure I hope I'm "replying" to the right place -- always embarrassing to realize you've inadvertently butted into the wrong conversation.  :-[) I've been to kboards several times on and off through the years to lurk ... usually when I'm looking for an answer to a question about self-publishing that I just can't find anywhere else. I love that there's a community of Kindle readers (and writers) who have likely thought of many of the questions I've had and already answered them. I have two Kindles (one's a dinosaur -- actually, they probably both are at this point!) Lately (well, since 2012 actually), I've been more focused on writing and self-publishing (another indie author here!), but I do, of course, fit in reading. I'm also a tech dummy (Facebook makes my palms sweat). Even signing on for kboards was a little daunting.

I actually wrote a much longer intro post before realizing you're not supposed to be THAT loquacious!

:)

Offline DianneBeale

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
    • Dianne J Beale, Author
« Reply #2049 on: September 23, 2017, 09:28:16 AM »
Thank you for the welcome. I am happy to have found a place where books are shared and discussed! I am both an author and a reader. I look forward to becoming part of the community.

Dianne J. Beale | Facebook | Amazon | Goodreads | Website