Kindle Forum banner

after a few hours...

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Lambert 
#1 ·
First impressions.
It's heavy! compared to my BeBook Mini (BBM, I had them both for about hour but the BBM now has a new owner). The KDXG is about 3.3 times heavier.
Given the size and weight of the KDXG, my first thought was the bezel could be a little bigger so I could get a better grip on it without obscuring the screen. I suppose I'll get used to the weight after a while.
The display is a LOT better! 8) It's less grey and more contrast. This was immediately noticeable, even without a side by side comparison.

My main reason for getting the KDXG was to view PDFs.

L to R : PC screen grab (Adobe Reader), BeBook Mini, Kindle DXG
As you can see the BBM fails miserably at displaying the PDF.
The PDF is page 3 from the Canon 7D manual. It can be downloaded from - http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/products/professional_cameras/digital_slr_cameras/eos_7d#BrochuresAndManuals
- file eos7d-im2-en.pdf. Images of the BBM and KDXG were taken by scanning my ereaders.
In the picture, the KDXG display doesn't look much better than the BBM, but that could be attributed to them being scanned at different times. The BBM image is blurry because it's screen is set deeper into the casing than the KDXG and my scanner is unable to focus on it.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.