Author Topic: 25 Random Things About You  (Read 472743 times)  

Offline Angela

• Texas
  • aka: tx_angel, A Wayt, Babe, Mom, Grandma, Hey YOU
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Random Things About You
« Reply #250 on: February 23, 2009, 02:26:08 PM »
MichelleR... When I read your 25 the other day I had a good chuckle... After a stressfull day today, I just had to come back and read them again!! LOL

Thanks for lifting my spirits!! :)

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
  • Love all, moderate all.
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #251 on: February 24, 2009, 05:24:16 AM »
Hadn't caught up on these in a few days. Nice list, MichelleR!

Maybe it's time we tagged a few more people. :)
Flint and Flame: 15%

Authors: set up your own work-in-progress bar with our Author Sig tool.

Offline Panjo

• Beautiful Pacific Northwest
    • View Profile
    • Panjo-SuperCapes for SuperKids!
« Reply #252 on: February 24, 2009, 08:23:21 AM »
I think there should be a way to attach people's 25 lists to their profile or something! I can never remember who is who... how cool to click on Michelle's name and link to her post and say, "Oh yeah, she's the pizza picker!"

Offline coyote

• Sausalito, CA
    • View Profile
    • lenscraft
16 Random Things About Me
« Reply #253 on: February 24, 2009, 11:07:58 AM »
Clearly, I've broken these rules by only listing 16 things, but I think they're enough for now. Also, in my position as a lapsed catholic, I absolve all of you from having to do one of these goshdarnned lists of your own. Unless you feel like it.

• When I was about 10, my grandmother discovered that I had gone through her canned good closet, arranging the entire thing alphabetically by contents. She told reminded me of this at my wedding, and told me that was the moment when was when she realized that I was not like the other boys.

• As a boy of 7 or 8, I used to climb on the pigs that we were raising for food and ride them around the pen. The pigs were smart (and big) and would quickly throw me, but it was fun for a few minutes.

• In junior high, I used to raise raccoons. The town dog officer would bring me kits (babies) whose mother had been run over and I would raise them to adulthood and then let them go into the woods. The last part was very hard, but made easier by the raccoons getting nastier when they hit adolescence.

• When I was 15, I used to ride my horse Cindy naked at night through the forests near my home. The horse was named Cindy because of my sister, who wanted to call her 'Cinderella'. The boys settled on 'Cindy' as a compromise, but would have preferred 'Thor' or 'Firehoof' or maybe even 'Nutcracker'.

• My first drug experience was at the University of Massachusetts. My roommate at the time had scored some fresh 'shrooms, and I decided I wanted to try them. We did some, and after 1/2 hour nothing was happening, so we did (a lot) more. After another half hour I got bored and headed into campus to see a movie with a friend Andy Katz.

The movie was "American Werewolf in London", and at just about the point where the protagonist started transforming, so did I. As the hero ran naked through the forest and killed a deer, I started tasting blood, and soon realized that I was bleeding out of my eyes. How embarrassing! Then, when I turned to borrow a handkerchief from Andy, I discovered that his beautiful red hair had covered his entire face. That kind of freaked me out, so I told him that I had to leave.

Over the next 8 hours I wandered the campus at night. I came across three maintenance guys peeing on their truck, one to a corner. In the campus hotel, the elevator opened to a girl giving her boyfriend head. I saw large black panthers who spoke to me. Given the inauspicious start, it was a pretty good trip.

• I wrote the first chat application at the University of Massachusetts. It was so popular it drove the mainframe to its knees. As a compromise with Computer Center admins, I made it non-real-time, and it became the first serious email application at the University. I 'upgraded' it to communicated through the ArpaNet to other mail systems. (I late re-wrote my chat program in COBOL to be more efficient. Why COBOL? It was the only high-level language that had access to low-level system calls that could write directly to connected terminals.)

• I generally don't like being around lots of people. People are messy, and scare the bejesus out of me. I generally try to be a decent human being (as I define it), but I'm always expecting to say something so fundamentally wrong that a bystander's head explodes, covering me in brains and goo. There are a handful of people I feel comfortable around, and I've recently realized that those people are all outspoken and more-or-less larger than life. I guess that I feel that if I do something wrong, the ensuing explosion will consist of them yelling at me. Getting yelled at is less annoying than picking skull fragments out of your hair.

• I love boys and boyhood. I love the fearlessness, the unbridled joy, their optimism, their potential. There are three boys in my life that I've loved like sons. All three are now incredible men. One is an up-and-coming lawyer, two others are a talented musicians. And in all three cases, I wish I could have been there (and could still be there) more for them.

• The scariest (and also most embarrassing) thing I've done in the last few years was riding an out-of-control horse along a 1,000-foot drop on the crater wall of an active volcano in the Galapagos with one foot hanging out of the stirrups.

I miss Cindy.

• I've skinny-dipped in the arctic ocean. A hundred yards away, inuit women giggled on the rocky shore as they searched for old harpoon heads to sell to antiques dealers.

• I was stuck in Caracas for three weeks waiting for my VW Bus to arrive by boat. One night I got an incredible urge for potato chips at around 11pm. I went out to find a shop, but everything was closed. I wandered further and further from my hotel down streets without lights.

Then, coming down the other side of a street, two men dressed entirely in black. Nonchalantly, I ignored them, until they crossed the street diagonally to meet me. "Hola" I said, and they responded by asking me what I was doing there all alone. That's when I noticed that one of them was carrying a sawed-off shotgun. My spanish started breaking down, as I told them that I was just going for a walk, wondering whether I'd survive the encounter.

Probably seeing how nervous (and gringo) I was, one of them flashed his badge. They were police. They told me that it was a very bad idea to walk around Caracas at night, and asked me to return to my hotel.

I did.

• I always introduce myself using my nickname 'coyote'. Unfortunately, I seem to be the only person who calls me that. In college, I was known as 'Salamir', and for some reason that caught on a lot more. Perhaps college students, ever-changing, are more accepting of someone else's redefinition of self.

• I've been mentioned twice in each of the New York Times and the L.A. Times. The first L.A. Times story was when their tech reporter contacted me to try his new iSight webcam. He chatted with me for a few minutes when Dan poked his head into the camera. The three of us giggled and flirted for a while, and Dan and I were mentioned in the story (17 Jul 2003.)

The N.Y. Times article came out the next day. It was all about people who drove 4WD VW Busses, and their love for their vehicles. My bus 'St. Francis' was prominently featured in a photo as was a link to my web site vanagon.com.

The second L.A. Times article was when the same reporter came for a visit, and to eat with us at the incredible French Laundry. We camped out at a nudist hippy hot spring resort, only wearing out suits in the evening when the time came to dine. It was an incredibly fun weekend (30 Dec 2003).

The second N.Y. Times article came out on 25 July 2004, and was about the weird obsession with collecting fountain pens.

• I collect fountain pens. I have about 450. And sadly, I have terrible handwriting. (Dan, on the other hand, who collects nothing, has incredibly beautiful handwriting and in fact calligraphed all of our wedding invitations.)

• Besides Dan, I deeply, truly love my friend Sorin. He's an amazing person, an adventurer, and very wise. He's a wonderful father. He's easy to travel with. I feel honored to know him.

• Early last year I had ankle surgery. It left me in bed for a few weeks, and then on crutches for 4 more months. At the time we had just moved into a tiny apartment while our new home was being completed. Our contractor was driving us nuts. Dan's company wasn't doing that well. It was a stressful time.

The day after the surgery, Dan came home and told me that he had been diagnosed with cancer of his lymph nodes. As I lay in bed, still groggy from surgery, he told me that they had given him a 25% chance of surviving.

We cried together, then called friends, who came over and cried with us. They brought wine. We drank a lot that first day.

Then life continued. Ignoring her own stress, our friend Melissa stepped into our lives, helping to smooth over the rough spots. She took me aside one day and said that if Dan were to die, she would move in with me so that I wouldn't be alone. It was one of the most reassuring things anyone could have said to me... "You won't be alone." That one small promise gave me a lot of strength.

Dan went on to get surgery. Melissa and I were there, as were Dan's parents, who were driving me back and forth to the hospital. (While I could get around on crutches, I still could not drive.) After the surgery, all of our friends came by to visit, and each brought love and strength to us when we really needed it. In addition, Denis Brown-Bouvier brought a 'Penis Pokey' book, which horrified Dan's mom.

Soon after Dan's surgery, the bank holding the construction loan on the house started threatening foreclosure. Because of endless problems from our contractor, the end date of the loan had already been pushed back twice, and they were losing patience. Dan tried to negotiate with them, tell them that we were nearly complete, but they were playing hardball. They refused to wait even an additional month.

Dan, who was undergoing radiation, continued working at Bigtribe. Each day he would take the ferry to work. He rode with bandages on his neck seeping blood from the radiation damage to his skin. He learned later that the other ferry passengers all knew of him, and wondered what he was going through, and why he rode the ferry each day. At night, we would have to change the pillow cases daily, and put towels inside to absorb the blood that soaked his pillow every night.

Then, in one week, everything came together. The building inspector gave us an occupancy permit, probably with the urging of our friend Denis. The other half of Trestlehouse sold to a nice gay gentleman named Scott who saw the place while driving by. And our mortgage broker was able to set up a mortgage. In a very complex transaction, our building loan was paid off and we moved into our new home.

The next week, the mortgage market crashed in a huge way.

Dan survived, and we survived. Looking back, I know I couldn't have gotten through this alone. I owe so much to Dan, who is stronger than any person I know. And we both owe so much to our extended family, who were there for us when we really needed them. Without them, things would have been so much worse. Thank you, all of you.

coyote / 15 Feb 2009

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
  • Global Moderator
  • Maine, USA
  • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
    • View Profile
    • Maine Desk
« Reply #254 on: February 26, 2009, 05:49:54 AM »
Thank you, Coyote, for that list. Very moving.

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline lb505

• Batesville
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 26, 2009, 06:30:28 AM »
1. I am a cat person

2. My grandpa built his sailboat and named it after me (Laurie Ann)

3. I was the maid of honor at my best friend's wedding in 7th grade when she married Shaun Cassidy in my basement.

4. I am adopted.

5. I love to backpack!  If there were a way to get paid to live in the woods, I would (as long as I had a place to power my gadgets)

6. I loved going to the local stock car races with my father when I was a kid and ended up taking my kids to the same track when they were young.

7. I bought 3 cell phones in January

8. I was a grandmother at 39

9. I sometimes wish I didn't have to be nice to my neighbors.  It would be so much easier to just walk into the house.  I need an attached garage...

10. I am a huge American Idol fan

11. I love Stephen King books but can't get into his movies.

12. I have really enjoyed living alone (well, with the cats) since my youngest moved out 2 years ago. 

13. I almost never eat sugar.

14. My two dream places to live would be anywhere in the mountains or NYC.

15. I used to clip a playing card to the wheel of my bike to make it sound like a motorcycle.  Also had the orange flag and banana seat.

16. I love getting packages delivered.  The cats also love when the delivery results in a box they can play in.

17. One of my daughters is so much like me that sometimes it bugs me to be around her.

18. I'm a QE at a medical device company.  I love dotting i's and crossing t's and following rules (yes, sick, I know)

19. I have 13 tattoos (only 1 shows in work attire)

20. I go back and forth between prime rib and ribeye as favorites

21. I don't like being around children now that mine are grown

22. I am taking guitar lessons

23. I think Led Zeppelin is the best rock band that ever existed

24. My feet are too long and skinny

25. Blue is my favorite color

Online Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake'

• Florida
  • Remembering Jeff and Harvey
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 26, 2009, 07:09:58 AM »
6. I loved going to the local stock car races with my father when I was a kid and ended up taking my kids to the same track when they were young.

My father took me to the stock car races, too.  Loved it. They always had a couple of motorcycle races, too, which I liked even more.

Please visit my website to browse my virtual bookshelf.
Margaret Lake | website | twitter | youtube | facebook

Offline robin.goodfellow

• Georgia
  • Have you got a flag?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 26, 2009, 08:02:18 AM »
3. I was the maid of honor at my best friend's wedding in 7th grade when she married Shaun Cassidy in my basement.

That's hilarious.  I didn't know you could do that!  I mean, I wouldn't have married Shaun Cassidy, but certainly either of the Nelson twins.
"One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries."
A.A. Milne

"In a library we are surrounded by many hundreds of dear friends imprisoned by an enchanter in paper and leathern boxes."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Jeff

• McGregor, Texas
  • Member 95
    • View Profile
    • J. Hepple, Inc.
« Reply #258 on: February 26, 2009, 08:09:08 AM »
I wouldn't have married Shaun Cassidy, but certainly either of the Nelson twins.

David and Ricky weren't twins.  ???

I know, I know. You never even heard of Ozzie and Harriet.

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 26, 2009, 08:18:45 AM »
That's hilarious.  I didn't know you could do that!  I mean, I wouldn't have married Shaun Cassidy, but certainly either of the Nelson twins.

Robin, Matthew was cuter ;D

Offline robin.goodfellow

• Georgia
  • Have you got a flag?
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 26, 2009, 10:36:33 AM »
Totally.
"One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries."
A.A. Milne

"In a library we are surrounded by many hundreds of dear friends imprisoned by an enchanter in paper and leathern boxes."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline tessa

• long island ny
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 26, 2009, 10:44:18 AM »
David and Ricky weren't twins.  ???

I know, I know. You never even heard of Ozzie and Harriet.

Jeff  the Nelson twins were Ricky sons

Offline lb505

• Batesville
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 26, 2009, 10:52:50 AM »

We had the life size poster of Shaun, long white dresses and a wedding cake.  I have the pictures to prove it.

Offline intinst

• Shannon Hills, AR
  • 'just enough clouds to create a beautiful sunset
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 26, 2009, 11:05:07 AM »
The people on this board would make it mandatory for me to check it out daily even if I didn't own a Kindle. :)
A great many people now reading and writing would be better employed keeping rabbits.  Edith Sitwell 
Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the
engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair. Annie Dillard

Located just outside Little Rock, Arkansas

Offline Jeff

• McGregor, Texas
  • Member 95
    • View Profile
    • J. Hepple, Inc.
« Reply #264 on: February 26, 2009, 11:32:54 AM »
Jeff  the Nelson twins were Ricky sons.

Tessa I know. I know.  :)

Offline robin.goodfellow

• Georgia
  • Have you got a flag?
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 26, 2009, 11:36:05 AM »
Jeff  the Nelson twins were Ricky sons

lol, I think he knows Tessa.  He's just mocking me b/c the first television I remember is in color. ;D

I had much the same conversation with my mother when I was 15 or so.  She wanted to know where on earth I was seeing Ozzie and Harriet reruns.  It was a long day in a long week, if I remember that conversation correctly.
A.A. Milne

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Jeff

• McGregor, Texas
  • Member 95
    • View Profile
    • J. Hepple, Inc.
« Reply #266 on: February 26, 2009, 11:42:25 AM »
lol, I think he knows Tessa.  He's just mocking me b/c the first television I remember is in color. ;D

Mock you, Robin? Nay, never. But I remember when Ozzie Nelson was a band leader and Harriet Hilliard was his singer. Where did you see those re-runs?

Offline drenee

• West Virginia
  • Member 527
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 26, 2009, 05:35:32 PM »

5. I love to backpack!  If there were a way to get paid to live in the woods, I would (as long as I had a place to power my gadgets)

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/
Laurie Ann, have you heard of Becoming an Outdoor Woman?  I do believe that there are chapters in just about all fo the states.  I could not find the link to my state, and since I'm not sure which state you're from, I linked to the Texas State Parks site.  I've found it to be a lot of fun connecting with other woman who enjoy the outdoors.
deb
Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life.

WwF  DRA60
Miss you, Dona, Jeff and Harvey.

Offline lb505

• Batesville
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 28, 2009, 12:47:14 PM »
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/
Laurie Ann, have you heard of Becoming an Outdoor Woman?  I do believe that there are chapters in just about all fo the states.  I could not find the link to my state, and since I'm not sure which state you're from, I linked to the Texas State Parks site.  I've found it to be a lot of fun connecting with other woman who enjoy the outdoors.
deb

I had not heard of this.  Thanks for the heads up!  I search and found this in Indiana: http://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoorwoman/  Is it the same program you are referring to?  I am probably going to sign up for the weekend.

Offline robin.goodfellow

• Georgia
  • Have you got a flag?
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 28, 2009, 04:56:24 PM »
Yes...Black Sabbath rules!!   :P

HAHAHAHAHAH! 
A.A. Milne

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Vampyre

« Reply #270 on: March 01, 2009, 06:35:59 AM »
I've found it to be a lot of fun connecting with other woman who enjoy the outdoors

Oo This sounds like fun.  Do you have to be a woman?  Discrimination sucks.  If it was a man only club, women would insist on being allowed in.

Offline ScottBooks

• Germantown Maryland
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 10, 2009, 08:06:36 PM »
1.   Im 6 feet tall.

2.   My brother and sister (both younger) were each born on a Friday the Thirteenth.

3.   I came up with the Thomas Jefferson Tee Shirt on the Zazzle panel occasionally at the bottom of the page.

4.   Ive never had a job that included sitting down (restaurants and retail).

5.   I despise Pro Basketball.

6.   I follow almost every other sport (including college balllove the NCAAs).

7.   I still play Diablo II and Baldurs Gate.

8.   I quit smoking March 16th, 2008.

9.   I drink black coffee almost exclusively.

10.   I like baked beans with scrambled eggs.

11.   I am an excellent ironer.

12.   I got my first speeding ticket this past December. (I speed everywhere. Always. Constantly. For almost 30 years.)

13.   I was on Facebook for two weeks before I gave it up as too much damned work.

14.   I love lakes and hate the ocean.

15.   I like cold rain in late October after all the leaves have fallen.

16.   I learned to drive on stick shifts (4 on the floor and 3 on the tree).

17.   If my parents are to be trusted, I was conceived the night of JFKs assassination.

18.   I have only good memories of High School.

19.   I still listen to current pop radio but really love eighties music.

20.   I subscribe to Games magazine solely for the two cryptic crosswords in each issue.

21.   I never found Seinfeld to be even remotely amusing.

22.   My Kindle subscriptions are The International Herald Tribune and Bleed Cubbie Blue. I regularly pester Amazon to add On Frozen Blog.

23.   I started a library with my own books when I was in fifth grade.

24.   Vancouver, Canada is my favorite city of all time.

25.   On one of my bookshelves in our bedroom I have two copies of The Demon Haunted World-Science as a Candle in the Dark by Carl Sagan. In between these two copies are the following books: Against All Enemies: Inside Americas War on Terror by Richard Clarke, The Premier Book of Major Poets  from Oxford University Press, The Grand Idea: George Washingtons Potomac and the Race to the West by Joel Achenbach, Skin Tight by Carl Hiassen, Poison by Ed McBain, The Universal History of Numbers: from Prehistory to the Invention of the Computer by Georges Ifrah, Thunderstruck by Erik Larson, The Yiddish Policemans Union by Michael Chabon and Mercy by Jodi Picoult. Im eclectic.

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
  • Love all, moderate all.
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #272 on: March 10, 2009, 10:07:52 PM »
24.   Vancouver, Canada is my favorite city of all time.

Vancouver's a great city. I went to university there, at UBC and Simon Fraser U.
Flint and Flame: 15%

Authors: set up your own work-in-progress bar with our Author Sig tool.

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
  • KB Member #43
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 10, 2009, 11:31:48 PM »
I've been meaning to do this for awhile...here goes...not sure I can come up with 25...

1.  I was born in Atlanta in Crawford Long Hospital.  Now that I think of it, someone else here said they were born there & I started my list back then when I read it but I got distracted & gave up.

2.  I'm very easily distracted.

3.  I once met the Queen of The Netherlands.  She was one of the richest women in the world - very nice, took her shoes off & stood on a settee.

4.  My husband was a fighter pilot in the USAF for 24 years.  It's REAL hard to offend me with bad language or "dirty" stories.

5.  I'm amazed that my daughters turned out to be such wonderful adults considering the mother they were saddled with.

6.  When I was in my early 50's I fell in love with (and bought) a car that was marketed towards men in their early 20's - always wondered what that was about.  I still miss that car sometimes...

7.  I took piano lessons for 11 years. 

8.  It took me 34 years to talk my husband into getting a dog - I ultimately "b*tched" him into it almost 2 years ago, and now he likes the dog better than our cats.

9.  I'm addicted to peanut butter.  I seriously should not bring the stuff into the house.

10.  We moved 17 times in 24 years with the AF - even if we won the lottery, I still wouldn't move.  But I do have to move furniture &/or change things up in the house somehow every couple of years, just because I got used to the change of moving frequently.

11.  I love the beach.  Happier there than any other place in the world.

12.  Even though we live 20 minutes from some of the most gorgeous beaches ever, I'll drive 12 hours to get to North Myrtle Beach, SC for vacation.  My favorite place (besides home).

13.  My other favorite vacation place - Gatlinburg TN.  There's a cabin on a mountain there that is danged near heaven.  Not altitude-wise, peace & quiet-wise.

14.  My 3 grandchildren are gorgeous & amazing.  Not that I'm biased or anything. 

15.  I don't like cold weather.  At all.  Unless I'm skiing - which won't happen again in this lifetime because I'm much too aware of my fragility and mortality these days.  So now I just don't like cold weather, except for the novelty of the change of wardrobe.  That wears off quickly though.

16.  It's embarrassing how many Krispy Kremes I can inhale at one sitting.  Even worse is how many I could inhale if I didn't stop because I'm horrifying myownself.

17.  My daughter re-introduced me to Led Zeppelin when she was in high school.  I liked (and appreciated) them much better in my old age than I did when I was younger. 

18.  We wasted a lot of money on RVs over the last dozen years or so.  Had finally bought our "dream" RV & then grandkids came sooner than expected (and nearby) and it became obvious that DH wasn't willing to do the extended traveling we'd planned on.  So we sold it & put in a pool last year.  It was an excellent trade - we love the pool.  But I still wish we could've done the traveling....
(Modified to add:  I shouldn't say we wasted the money - we had a lot of great trips in those RVs.  Only one real "mistake" in them, and that was the last one, which was gorgeous, but if we'd kept the one we traded for it we could've had the RV AND the pool.  That was a gross tactical error.)

19.  When I've worked outside the home I've always done clerical/admin type work.  I'm pretty good at it - when I was personality-tested it turned out it's one of the careers my type is suited for.  Lucky I fell into it.  I "retired" almost 4 years ago to stay home & take care of my granddaughter when my daughter went back to work. 

20. I have 3 years of college.  I've never had the first inclination to go back to finish, and never considered it a waste.  My husband's joke is that I got my MRS degree.  (We met in college.)

21.  I'm in a bowling league.  My ball is bubble gum pink. 

22.  I'm an introvert, so is my husband.  We can do the "social" thing but we're more comfortable with peace & quiet.  We've been married 35 years, so something's working - maybe it's because we don't feel compelled to discuss our issues to death!

23.  I have a facebook page and a myspace page.  I prefer myspace, probably because I've done that one longer & understand it better.  I don't think I'll be "twittering" (tweeting??) anytime soon, though.  Being an introvert, I don't feel a need to be that connected.

24.  My daughters got married within 10 weeks of each other - the day after the older one got married, the younger one was ordering her invitations.  I survived the wedding planning.

25.  I don't get enough sleep - I stay up too late reading or online or whatever.  I think it's the curse of being a woman of "a certain age".  Like right now - it's 1:20 A.M.  That's just stupid.  So it's a good thing that was number 25.  I can hit "send" & read a few minutes & go to bed!

« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 10:47:50 AM by Meemo »
Kindling since August 2008, Oasis, 2 PW2s, 2 Fire HD6s, iPad Mini

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline drenee

• West Virginia
  • Member 527
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 11, 2009, 04:10:18 AM »

16.  It's embarrassing how many Krispy Kremes I can inhale at one sitting.  Even worse is how many I could inhale if I didn't stop because I'm horrifying myownself.

I have a hard time driving by a Krispy Kreme myself.  As I've gotten older the deal I've made is I can only stop if the "Hot Now" sign is lit.  Yesterday there was a sign outside of a Krispy Kreme that caught my attention...All you can eat, March 13th.  Thank goodness I won't be anywhere near the store on Friday. 
Thanks for sharing your 25.  Very interetsting.
deb
Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life.

WwF  DRA60
Miss you, Dona, Jeff and Harvey.