Author Topic: 25 Random Things About You  (Read 466654 times)  

Offline Kristus412

• Orlando, Florida
  • read and let read.
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Random Things About You
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2009, 04:47:55 AM »
I love being married.
I love my Jeep, though I love the fact that Matthew made it possible for me to get the Jeep even more.
I like my job but don't love it.
I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if we had stayed in New Jersey instead of moving to Florida when I was nine.
I sometimes worry that I'm an enabler like my mom but don't know what to do about it. It's the only thing about my mom I hate.
I can often tell when someone is lying to me. Just cause I don't call you out on it doesn't mean I don't know.
Reading in a hot bubble bath is one of my favorite ways to relax by myself. The more stressed I am the more baths I take.
I think about having children a lot even though I know there's a good possibility it won't happen. It makes me cry.
I'm sick of hearing everyone telling me over and over that Matthew will change his mind.
Casey Anthony makes me sick.
I don't like worrying about money so much because there's usually very little I can do about it anyway.
Sometimes I feel like people don't really hear me.
My feelings hurt easily but I get over it just as easy.
Asking me why I'm crying is only going to make it worse.
The only bones in my body I've ever broken is my pinkie and my second toe, though I think I've broken the same toe 3 times.
I'm very glad I like my in-laws and Matthew like his, I was always worried it'd be like all the stories you hear about.
I have a hard time saying no.
Sometimes I don't make sense to myself.
If there was one talent I could have it would be singing, I'm not talking American Idol singing, just to sing well enough not to be embarrassed if someone heard me.
I would like to get into photography professionally but I'm not sure how to make it into something I could live off of.
I want to believe in God.
I love a Star Trek Geek!
My favorite type of humor is dry humor I hate stupid funny, it's not that funny.
I enjoy making up stories in my head while I'm driving by myself but I never write them down usually cause I can't remember them by the time I get home.
I very rarely remember my dreams.
Kristen

Offline Newbie Girl

• Michigan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2009, 05:01:28 AM »
1.   I work in a prison.
2.   Been a state employee for 22 years.
3.   Hope to be an author in my retirement years.
4.   Been married twice.
5.   Am now happily single.
6.   My 48th birthday is Tuesday.
7.   Own my own home.
8.   Was up to my eyeballs in debt after the divorce and am now financially responsible & independent.
9.   I am a card carrying, spirit filled, tongue speaking Pentecostal Christian.
10.  Have 1 dog and 3 cats.
11.  Am the coordinator for the only dog-prisoner program in the state of Michigan prison system.
12.  Love my Buick.
13.  Hate to shop.
14.  Am a techno gadget freak.
15.  LOVE MY KINDLE
16.  Just lost 20 lbs.
17.  Hoping to remodel my home this summer.
18.  My mother is in a nursing home.
19.  Like to bowl (I'm OK at it)
20.  Love to golf (I'm pretty lousy at it)
21.  Am taking an on-line creative writing course.
22.  Have 2 sisters and no brothers.
23.  Work 10 hour days with 3-day weekends (woo hoo)
24.  I'm short (5'2")
25.  Love my life!

Vampyre

« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2009, 05:09:15 AM »
With the one exception for "SPAM" :), all of these were great.  Thank you all for posting.  We are a very diverse group as much alike as we are different.

Offline paisley

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2009, 05:27:54 AM »
1. My favorite movie as a kid was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. As a teen, it was My Life as a Dog. Now? It's Notting Hill.

2. I got in trouble in high school for skipping volleyball. I would escape into the German lab and study instead. My punishment was detention where I studied some more. LOL

3. Ive taken 3 years of Spanish, 5 years of German, 1 year of Japanese, and 1 day of Russian.

4. My first concert was U2 on their 1983 War tour. It was general admission, so we got there 3 hours early and had front row. Most people hadnt heard of U2 yet. I've been to many concerts, but I've only seen two bands more than once: Duran Duran and the Grateful Dead.

6. Im a former vegetarian who rarely eats meat. I cant deal with meat still on the bone, and if I think about zygotes eggs too much, I cant eat them either.

7. I never got a fake ID for drinking purposes, but I did finagle my address so I could get a library card in a neighboring jurisdiction. Hey, what can I sayit was a better library system, with more books.

8. I have found and returned 3 wallets in my lifetime. After my experience returning the first one, I learned that wallets are best returned anonymously via the mail.

9. I broke my foot when a cement cinder block fell on it. I was in first grade, and for years afterwards I could also tell when it was going to rain. I still dont have full movement in that foot, and Ive been told it should be rebroken and reset. (uh, no thanks)

10. I was born on Halloween.

11. My least favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.

12. Ive always been an Anglophile, and Im amazed that I didnt pack up and move to England. Had that happened I wouldnt have a Kindle right now, so Its all good.

13. Ive never eaten lobster.

14. I used to have recurring nightmares about the flying monkeys from The Wizard of Oz.

15. Ive travelled all over the place, and it bugs me that my kids wont get the same travel opportunities that I did.

16. I still cant go into the unfinished basement at night: the goblins will grab my ankles as I ascend back up the stairs, after all.

17. I make a killer blue margarita.

18. I walk faster than most people, and when Im walking in a group I have to intentionally slowitdown. My definition of a long walk is an hour longer than everyone elses.

19. My parents rarely took photos of me and my brother. There are no birthday photos, no holiday photos, no first day of school photos. Cameras were used only on vacation, so we have some photos of us standing next to elevation signs. I, on the other hand, take TONS of photos and enhance them with Photoshop and Lightroom all the time.

20. My house is relatively clean and somewhat uncluttered, but I only dust when company is coming over. If I live to be 80, I doubt Ill say Gee, I should have dusted more often.

21. I'm an artist and many years ago, one of my paintings was stolen. It was a portrait of my boyfriend reading a book, and it bothers me that it's out there somewhere. It's one thing to sell a painting or paint a commissioned mural, it's quite another to be violated by theft. Part of me hopes that someone gessoed over the canvas and used it again.

22. I love getting mail, but I hate talking on the phone.

23. My biggest pet peeve is erasers that dont work. Its an eraser. Its supposed to erase.

24. I have given up on trying to grow tomatoes.

25. I can only sing Bob Dylan songs, which tells you plenty. I have no delusions about being a good singer.  :P
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 05:40:15 AM by paisley »
Lisa

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Dinesen

Offline tlshaw

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2009, 05:56:38 AM »
Jeff: Your #1 and #2 explain a lot of Gone for a Soldier.  Funny thing is, while I was reading it, my husband is watching HDTV and they are renovating a yard for a family named Van Buskirk, didn't catch where they live.

Offline madrye

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2009, 06:02:52 AM »
1. Most days I tend to prefer my 3 dogs to the drama's of my 15 year old daughter.

2. I donate more time and money to causes then I do to my own family sometimes.

3. My husband is a better wife then me. He can cook, clean and multitask, I just get frustrated.

4. I am an avid fan of "Gossip Girl" and I'm in my late 30's.

5. I am from Newfoundland, Canada. All the jokes about people in Canada are about us "Newfies". It's because we're able to laugh at ourselves with much more ease.

6. I believe that you should pay attention to your feelings and the hairs standing up on your neck. It's kept me out of a lot of trouble.

7. I'm terrified of squirrels. When we moved to Ontario when I was a child, I had never seen a squirrel as big as the ones here before. My father told me they were rats as a joke. I'm still not laughing 37 years later.

8. I work for GM and drive a company vehicle. The vehicle that I own is a Jeep Rubicon on 42" tires. I'm not allowed to park it at work.

9. I call him my husband but I refuse to get married.

10. I started reading as a child because my parents were going through a nasty divorce. Reading brought me to different places, adventures and timelines. I had more fictional friends that year then I had real ones.

11. My only hopes for my children is to be happy. I don't care about who they marry, what jobs they hold or how much money they earn. I want them to find joy in anyway they can and live it.

12. I do not follow politics at all. Doesn't matter what or who we vote for, we're still screwed.

13. When I was in grade 5 a teacher told me that I would end up in car sales because I could convince anyone to do anything. His prediction came through.

14. I have 2 children, one when I was in my teens. When I'm out with her and she calls me mom people think she's joking because I look more like her sister. I find it an insult, not a compliment.

15. I had my wisdom teeth out on Tuesday and was eating a steak on Wednesday.

16. I've cancelled Christmas at our house. We spend it in Mexico on a beach now instead.

17. I love Canada but I hate the snow.

18. My dream job would be to raise/breed labradors for service dogs and for women who have left abusive relationships. I believe dogs can heal you with a lick of their tongue.

19. Since I've got my kindle, I've been reading "smut" for the first time of my life. I like it.

20. I believed my parents loved my sister more growing up. Now that I have two children I realized she was just easier to love.

21. We have open lines of communication with our kids, they tell us just about everything. Now that my daughter is dating, I'd like to close the lines because it freaks me out a little.

22. I believe in guardian angels.

23. I can't watch scary movies.

24. The only books that I never finished that I started are Cujo, The Hobbit and the Bible.

25. I spend more time surfing forums lately then doing actual work.

Offline sheltiemom

• dallas, tx
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2009, 06:04:57 AM »
Here goes - these are interesting

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
  • Global Moderator
  • Maine, USA
  • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
    • View Profile
    • Maine Desk
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2009, 06:06:38 AM »
Jeff: Your #1 and #2 explain a lot of Gone for a Soldier.  Funny thing is, while I was reading it, my husband is watching HDTV and they are renovating a yard for a family named Van Buskirk, didn't catch where they live.

Now I am going to have to read Gone for a Soldier, since it was written by my cousin Jeff! I'm loving all these lists, folks, keep them coming!

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline dwaszak

• league city, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2009, 07:13:13 AM »
K, I'll play!

1.My favorite job was in Frederick MD as a circulation librarian
2. I love to read.
3. I love to run.
4. I got my DH a kindle for Christmas, and we kindle together!
5. I am hooked on Sookie Stackhouse
6. I love living in Texas
7. My dog is my best friend
8. BMW is my favorite car
9. We lived in Germany for five years, and it was one of the best experiences of my life
10 I have 2 sons who I am very proud of
11. Going to wineries and tasting is a favoriite vacation.
12. I can only live where I get whispernet
13. I find my kindle to be addictive
14. I was diagnosed last year with BC
15. I am also addicted to audio books
16. I love music of all kinds
17. I had the most fun at a Nickelback concert with my sister
18. I also like linkin park, and got to meet them in person
19. I believe you only live once, so you must make the best of the time you have, doing the things that make you happy, and try to touch someone positively as often as possible.
20. I like to find the best in others
21. I love the smell of the ocean
22.  I stayed in my house while hurricane Ike came directly over us-what a wild ride
23.  I like to mountain bike
24. I have friends all over the country
25. I don't miss snow & ice!

Wow, it's actually hard to come up with 25 things!
Gotta luv my poodle

Offline GrammieCheryl

• Maine
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2009, 07:26:56 AM »
You want random?  Here's random:

9. Gene Simmons (KISS) got me fired from a job.

Very interesting....care to explain?
Life is too short, can't we just be friends?

Offline Dalene

• Allentown,PA
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2009, 07:41:02 AM »
O.K. guess I've been lurking enough I'll play:

1. I've lived in my hometown all my life

2. I have played the flute since the age of 10 (am now 45 yrs.)

3.Am now teaching myself to play the mountain dulcimer

4. My grandmother taught me to knit,crochet, and quilt

5. I am the proud mother of 3 children 2 girls and a boy ages 22, 20 and 16 repectively

6. My first job was at Dorney Park (it was a family owed amusement parkat the time )

7. This is my 2nd marriage to my best friend and the love of my life

8. I am the oldest of 4 girls

9. I went back to work 6yrs. ago after being home with my youngest for 10yrs

10. My first love of reading started at age 10 when I received my first Nancy Drew book for Christmas

11. Love to camp

12. I love to swim

13. love to go on long walks but hate to exercise

14 housework is bad reading is good

15. Future goal is to buy a RV and travel around the country with DH when ever the mood strikes us

16. don't like crowds per say something of a loner (family noy included in that)

17. can't spell to save my life

18.am great at math

19.AM getting very antsy waiting for my Kindle

20.Blue is my favorite color

21. Pale colors just don't work for me

22. Love to read and watch sci-fi

23. Rubiks Cube is still my favorite toy

24.I live with a cat who thinks she is Queen of the castle and a dog who isn't buying it

25.Fall is my favorite time of year and winter my least favorite

Boy I did it LOL Next

Dalene

Offline egh34

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2009, 08:11:23 AM »
Do you believe that the cup is half empty or half full?
half empty, and we just ran out of stuff to refill it!!

Where do you see yourself in five years?
Ireland, owning a bar.

What are you most proud of in your life?
my kids
Do you have any tattoos, and if so what and where?
turtle on ankle

Get the number or give the number?
get

Romance or Kinky?
romance

Favorite Place to Eat?
Outback

If you had to pick one car, which would it be?
Jeep Wrangler

Your favorite Disney Films?
Lion King

Why did the chicken cross the road?
He heard there was beer!

What was your last though?
Is the coffee ready?

Are you a cat or a dog person?
both

Would you rather be blind or deaf?
deaf

Define yourself in 3 words...
funny, strange, happy

What is your favorite TV show?
Friends

Kill the spider or let it out?
Kill, kill, kill, kill!!

Walking past a beggar, spare change or ignore?
spare change

Where do you want to travel next?
Ireland

What would you do if Michael Jackson asked you out
laugh hysterically!

What is your favorite food?
Steak

If you could have one super human power what would you choose?
Invisibility

Have you had a beer in the last week?
ummmm, yes.

Flip flops or sandles?
Flip flops

What do you do on fridays?
Celebrate the weekend!

What is your favorite song of all time?
Pirate Looks at Forty

Offline chobitz

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2009, 08:18:59 AM »
Ooh fun!

1. I use to be a competitive show jumper as a teen
2. I love video/computer games
3. I want to go to Tokyo japan someday
4. I hate the color pink
5. I am a huge horror fan (books and movies) but hate gore
6. I once dated a guy name Chevy
7. I love dragons and fairies
8. I collect anything that do with aliens
9. I believe in ghosts
10. I grew up in a haunted house hence #9
11. I love Asian food
12. I was a child actress
13. I love anime and mangas
14. My favorite movie is The Crow
15. I use to manage rock bands in the late 80s and into the 90s
16. I always wanted a dog named Mr Mojo Risin' named after Jim Morrison
17. I think Elvis and the Beetles are overrated
18. I hate tomatoes but love ketchup
19. I put grape jelly on my grilled cheese.
20. I wanted to be a FBI profiler
21. I graduated from Temple University with a BA in Public Relations
22. I have Aquaphobia(fear of water) and dentophobia(fear of the dentist)
23. My ears aren't pierced
24. I never use a purse nor do I own one
25. I started reading at age two.

My best friend is a person who will get me a book I have not read - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Mikuto

• Foster City, CA
  • One can never be too well-read.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2009, 09:40:43 AM »
Wow, I don't know if I can think up 25 facts about myself...

1. My first pet was a black and white pig named Zelda.

2. I love rodents, all kinds.

3. My favorite kind of music is Japanese rock music known as "Visual Kei" (Visual Style)

4. The only thing I'm really afraid of is the dentist.

5. I can't eat raw fish, because it evokes a gag response, but I can eat fish that has been lightly seared on the outside and is still raw in the middle.

6. I love to cook and bake, but bake far better than I cook.

7. I do not have MySpace, FaceBook, or any sort of social networking page, and probably never will.

8. My favorite video game series is Silent Hill.

9. I don't watch a lot of movies, I rarely ever see blockbusters or award winners.

10. I was two hours away from my appendix bursting when I had it removed 8 years ago.

11. Physically I take after my dad, and I look so little like my mom that nobody assumes we're mother and daughter. What's worse, is I resemble my roommate more than I resemble my mom, so people are consistently referring to me as "your daughter" to her.

12. I grew up on a ranch with several ponds, a creek running through the backyard and farmers for neighbors.

13. Though I was painfully shy for most of my life, I ended up being really good at suggestive sales.

14. I'm so nearsighted that if I take off my glasses, I cannot see the writing on the computer screen.

15. I do yoga.

16. My real name is so unique that if you google it there are no results.

17. I don't watch sitcoms. Ever. But I never miss Mythbusters or Dirty Jobs.

18. My favorite movie is Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas.

19. I tend to avoid things solely because the sheer popularity grates on my nerves. I never collected beanie babies, I refused to read Harry Potter for a very long time, and I will not touch Twilight.

20. For a short period of time I ran a Harry Potter Collectable Card Game tournament weekly at Wizards of the Coast when I worked there. The people who came to play were always young kids, and the most memorable was a little boy who couldn't actually read the cards, but would tell me what they did when he played them.

21. I'm big on Massive Multiplayer RPGs, but not World of Warcraft. I've played FFXI, Everquest, Dark Ages of Camelot, and currently play both Guild Wars and Everquest 2. (I'm on the Antonia Bayle server as Edihoicha if anyone wants to say hi.)

22. I have big, wide feet, and it's hard to fit me for shoes.

23. I have been going to a Rennaisance Faire at least once a year in the summer for as long as I can remember. I was only a few miles away from the one in Michigan, which is a very large, very involved, very fun faire, and my family always took me.

24. I have never traveled internationally, in fact the farthest I've ever been away from my home state of Michigan is here in California, where I moved a year and a half ago.

25. I type 60-80 words a minute, but I never have my fingers on the home keys. I leanred how to type properly in school, but it sort of devolved into what I do now, where I rarely use my ring finger on each hand, and only use the left-hand shift button. I have a feeling that if I tried to teach myself to type "properly" again, I would lose speed and accuracy.

Okay, well there's 25 I guess.
Not once in my life has my train of thought taken a straight path between point A and point B without stopping to visit Y and F along the way.

Offline Bacardi Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2009, 09:57:56 AM »
At first Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behavior. If human beings don't keep exercising their lips, he thought, their mouths probably seize up.
After a few months' consideration and observation he abandoned this theory in favor of a new one. If they don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Let's go NATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2009, 10:01:19 AM »
K, I'll play!

1.My favorite job was in Frederick MD as a circulation librarian

I grew up in Frederick, MD. . .

Ann

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline Bacardi Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2009, 10:06:59 AM »
Circulation librarians utilize the much simpler Harvey (William) Decimal System:

100-199  Arterial
200-299  Venal
At first Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behavior. If human beings don't keep exercising their lips, he thought, their mouths probably seize up.
After a few months' consideration and observation he abandoned this theory in favor of a new one. If they don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working.

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
  • Global Moderator
  • Maine, USA
  • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
    • View Profile
    • Maine Desk
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2009, 10:09:43 AM »
I grew up in Frederick, MD. . .

Ann

And my brother-in-law is the Priest at St. Ignatius of Loyola in Ijamsville, MD (near Frederick).

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline mumsicalwhimsy

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2009, 10:12:16 AM »
I have been Dinged, eh.

Love my kids, beyond my understanding.

Grandkids.... totally amazing little folks.

Appreciate kindness.

Despise hatred.

Confused by people who cheat.

Can not abide liars.

Stuff is generally simply... just stuff.  Kindle is in a different class.

Cancer survivor.  Rare opportunity to reflect.

Once went out to buy a pair of shoes and returned with a piano.

Played the Cornet.  Band people are more fun.

Enjoyed my childrens weddings... Love the new spouses.

True friends are highly respected and valued.

Love to cook on high... yet, folks like my cooking.

Named after my grandmothers.  Was fortunate to know them.

First car was a 72 Mustang.

Can now outpace most 2 year olds, on my recumbant trike.  

Pet Peeve: Smokers who ignore the law.  Physically harms me.

I love beef.   Hate beets and liver.  Must eat fish.

Glass is half full, in spite of the broken bottom.

In awe of those who serve... military and teachers.

Still surprised I am not 17.

Uncanny inability to buy clothes that others will wear.

Son brought friends home, to watch me jump/scream when startled.

I love balls.  Always carry one.  

Enjoy puzzles and Sudoku.   Kakuro makes me nuts.

Offline Bacardi Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2009, 10:27:44 AM »

3. I am usually the smartest person in the room. (IQ is around 145.)

This is only true when she's not at home.  LR will admit this. ;)

Offline chobitz

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2009, 10:36:57 AM »
This is only true when she's not at home.  LR will admit this. ;)

Jim you are evilllllll..
My IQ is 129 last time I was tested. Above average but not a genius..

My best friend is a person who will get me a book I have not read - Abraham Lincoln

Vampyre

« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2009, 10:56:20 AM »
I have never been told what my IQ is, I have no idea what it is.  While I know I am one of the smartest people around here, I have been around people much smarter than me.

Offline Jeff

• McGregor, Texas
  • Member 95
    • View Profile
    • J. Hepple, Inc.
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2009, 11:40:16 AM »
I have never been told what my IQ is, I have no idea what it is. 

A Navy GTC score of 68 qualifies for Mensa. You must have scored that or higher to qualify as a diver.

http://www.us.mensa.org/Content/AML/NavigationMenu/Join/SubmitTestScores/QualifyingTestScores/QualifyingScores.htm

Offline Bacardi Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2009, 11:42:33 AM »
I wasn't being evil.  It was a statement of fact.  LR borders on genius.  I blow her away.  She will admit this in a few minutes. 

*heats up the irons*
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 11:44:17 AM by Bacardi Jim »

Vampyre

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2009, 11:44:05 AM »
I learned SCUBA on my own. The Navy didn't teach me that.

I wasn't being evil.  It was a statement of fact.  LR borders on genius.  I blow her away.  She will admit this in a few minutes. 

...or suffer the consequences   :)