Kindle Forum banner

Reading Bible on Kindle 2

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Kindle_Matt 
#1 ·
I really love my Kindle 2 with one exception so far.  Have only had it 3 weeks.  When I downloaded the NIV version of the Holy Bible, I couldn't get to the books without a lot of hassle.  For example, I would type in the search box "Revelation 20" and the search box would show every "word" Revelation, but not go to the book.  There's a Table of Contents in the front, but wow, what a hassle.  If I had known this, I would never have downloaded the Bible.  Except for this problem, and Kindle needs to really work on this one, I love my Kindle 2.  Does anyone have any advice on this Bible problem of mine?  The Bible is not a book that one just reads from start to finish (though one can), but that one goes through to various books to read.  Thanks.

#2 ·
If you find a good solution please let me know. I have tried a couple online (like Gutenberg) but they are extremely slow to load and have poor navigation. I hear the ASNOVA (sp?) version on Amazon for about $5 is good but I admittedly I haven't had time to try.  Even if you can return it if you don't like it, it's still extremely time consuming.  They should probably be broken down into sections, like OT, NT, maybe Torah, prophets, gospel, etc to improve performance.

I really, really want it to work for Kindle - that was part of my motivation to get one.  The dictionary and ability to get to references like concordance and such would be astounding. There has to be a solution!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.