Kindle Forum banner

Have You Posted to Your Blog Recently?

2M views 19K replies 2K participants last post by  William Meikle 
#1 ·
Nathan Bransford's procrastination subforum has a popular thread just like this. It's a friendly place where your spam can be cherished and celebrated.

Today, I blogged about how to write a great author bio, and your favorite gay boys from In Living Color's 'Men on Film' made a guest appearance:

Let's Talk About Bios, Baby. Let's Talk About You and Me.

Okay, your turn.

#1,582 ·
Tonight I posted another flash story for Story Sunday:

Alphabet Soup - A Fable for Writers

(I'm sure many of you suspect this is what really goes on with your books when you're not looking. It does explain a few things.)

*DrDln* (dr.s.dhillon) said:
I am still trying to understand how is blog different than webpage. I have webpages but no blog..
A blog is a Web Log -- a specialized kind of website for publishing a journal on the web. It not only posts the new material, but keeps the old as a running column. You can install a package like WordPress on an existing website to add a blog to it, or you can use a service like Google's Blogspot to just let the site manage all the trouble. A regular website is designed to be static. You can change the contents, but it doesn't keep a running log of entries.

Camille

#1,583 ·
Making Money From Writing, Part 2: Novels

Yesterday we surveyed the short story market, where you can find the right magazines for your stories, how you can sell the same story again as a reprint and to an anthology, why short story collections are such a hard-sell to publishing houses, and how and when you should self-publish them.

Today we are going to talk about novels. There are only two real ways to sell your novel, and the choices are, for the most part, mutually exclusive, so you have a big decision to make. The first way is to a trade publishing house (both large presses and small, independent presses), and the second is to self-publish.

Read the rest of this post here: http://davidgaughran.wordpress.com/2011/04/24/making-money-from-writing-part-2-novels/

#1,584 ·
Bayeux Tapestry - a stitch in time.

In 1066 the Normans invaded England and defeated the English Kind Harold at the Battle of Hastings. [Actually the battle took place 6 miles away at Santlache or Sandy Stream. The winning French punned the name to Sanguelac or Blood Lake… but that's another story.] The English King Harold was killed, supposedly with an arrow to his eye, and William the Conqueror seized power….the rest, as they say, is history.
These historic events were commerated in the Bayeux Tapestry - still studied by every English primary school child to the present day. The official story behind the tapestry is that William's anxious wife waited at home in France, frantically stitching scenes as the latest news of the invasion was brought to her.
The truth, however, is less clear cut.

Made in England.
For a start the embroidery style, colours of thread and use of Latin script indicate the work is of English, rather than French, origin. It seems likely that the tapestry was actually commissioned by William's half brother, Bishop Odo, as a propaganda piece to justify the invasion.
http://graceelliot-author.blogspot.com/2011/04/bayeux-tapestry-stitch-in-time.html

#1,586 ·
I posted to my blog today, yeah. Great news, too, my first B&N sale. I also talked about current sales as they are divided among the three distributors I've uploaded Belvoir to. I only wish I knew how many samples people were downloading from Amazon and B&N.

I also scheduled posts for the next three days. I am on a roll.