Kindle Forum banner

Have You Posted to Your Blog Recently?

2M views 19K replies 2K participants last post by  William Meikle 
#1 ·
Nathan Bransford's procrastination subforum has a popular thread just like this. It's a friendly place where your spam can be cherished and celebrated.

Today, I blogged about how to write a great author bio, and your favorite gay boys from In Living Color's 'Men on Film' made a guest appearance:

Let's Talk About Bios, Baby. Let's Talk About You and Me.

Okay, your turn.

#527 ·
I try to update daily, with life, reviews, thoughts, opinions and other silliness... Oh and occasionally I talk about my books too! Check out my alt-world blog at http://www.alt-world.com

Do blog spotlights, and link exchanges too.
Arigato,
Nick Davis

#528 ·
harpwriter said:
Thank you, Karen! It's exciting to have a visible follower! I noticed my wordpress site is still getting nearly daily visits, and I have no idea how anyone is finding it, but decided I better make the time to start updating again. I already have about 30 more lessons hopefully in bite-size pieces, in a notebook. I followed your blog, too.
Thanks so much! You are the 80th follower--fantastic! I feel like you should win a door prize, but, alas, I really have nothing...

:) Thanks again, Laura.

#530 ·
Today I posted a notice that Vicki Hendricks, the High Priestess of Noir, has blurbed my new novel, The Take. And this past Sunday, I posted a review of Mickey Spillane's great 1950 novel, My Gun Is Quick. This review received a reply from Max Allan Collins, who wrote the introduction to the recently-released edition of Spillane's work.

#532 ·
#534 ·
Glad you enjoyed the article, Karen.  Unfortunately, that blog had the fewest number of hits of any of them so far.  I don't know if it's the subject or the length, but I may not be doing too many wine blogs in the future.  Too bad, too, because I was really looking forward to doing some more of them.

Tomorrow it's back to travel and photography, two apparently popular topics combined into one.  I'll be sharing some of my experiences and photographs of Istanbul.

#535 ·
Blog, blog. I know I have one, but forget where I left it.
I used to be a two posts a day kind of blogger. These days, I have to be reminded to do it. Of course, there is the growing opinion that newsletters and ezines are more effective ways to reach out to potential readers these days. Not sure what to make of that.

#542 ·
#544 ·
#545 ·
My Picture in the Sidebar this week is Castle Finlairig, a little-known, but fascinating (IMHO!) place off the beaten track in Scotland: http://bluebellstrilogy.blogspot.com/2011/01/finlairig-in-sidebar.html

(Anyone who would be willing to take a couple of minutes to click follow, I would very much appreciate it, and will return the favor. Also, I'm doing a drawing from among all followers for an electronic giveaway of my book at the end of January.)

ETA: I also posted at http://gaelicwordaday.blogspot.com/ on the wonderful world of adjectives. If you need to say you want red cheese in Scottish Gaelic, now's your chance to learn! ;)

#550 ·
My fictional characters, Trevor and Eric, are actually making nice with Intrepid Journalist Kermit Ladd to talk to another entirely online character, Isabelle.

http://westofmars.com/2011/01/14/an-interview-with-isabelle/

If you've ever wanted to take some revenge on a nasty reviewer, you want to be part of the Nestor Maronski saga. C'mon by and see what I mean... I suspect you guys will dig Nestor. Or... what happens to him, anyway. No one in their right mind likes Nestor.

#551 ·
Yup. I sure have. Just posted to Barb's Wire - eBooks & More.
It's another Author Bumping column. I have a tendency to bump into authors in the strangest ways. One time I went sliding into Robert B. Parker's belly. Another time I "shushed" Stephen King during Blade Runner.

Today's post is called Author Bumping - Horror in Pink.
Enjoy!

Barbara Silkstone
The Secret Diary of Alice in Wonderland, Age 42 and Three-Quarters