Kindle Forum banner

Have You Posted to Your Blog Recently?

2M views 19K replies 2K participants last post by  William Meikle 
#1 ·
Nathan Bransford's procrastination subforum has a popular thread just like this. It's a friendly place where your spam can be cherished and celebrated.

Today, I blogged about how to write a great author bio, and your favorite gay boys from In Living Color's 'Men on Film' made a guest appearance:

Let's Talk About Bios, Baby. Let's Talk About You and Me.

Okay, your turn.

#554 ·
Wow.  A one-star review for a book you didn't purchase/read?  I can see passing it by because of poor marketing, perhaps even leaving a comment as to why, but a "review"?

#555 ·
#556 ·
R. Doug said:
Wow. A one-star review for a book you didn't purchase/read? I can see passing it by because of poor marketing, perhaps even leaving a comment as to why, but a "review"?
It borders on dishonest -- or gives the impression of that. I never click one star. Heck, I've only done a three-star once. In 26 books I've read on Kindle over the last few months, not a stinker yet. :-\

#557 ·
R. Doug said:
Wow. A one-star review for a book you didn't purchase/read? I can see passing it by because of poor marketing, perhaps even leaving a comment as to why, but a "review"?
I rarely even find a need for free previews. I just buy and read...

#562 ·
#565 ·
#572 ·
jasonga said:
I just posted a review of Decisions, by R. Doug Wicker.

http://www.jasonga.com/book-review-decisions-97-97.html
Great review. I'm starting Decisions tomorrow. Loved this line:

I do have a few niggles with the book however. The main character is not particularly likable early on. He has his moments, but he comes across as an asshole quite strongly at the start. On the plus side he gets much more likable as the story progresses, but there were still a few times I wished I could reach into the story and slap him around a bit for the way he was acting.

I like watching rough characters grow, so I look forward to this angle.

#573 ·
Jason, many thanks for the wonderful review. I really appreciate it. Glad you enjoyed the book.

Chris, thanks for the purchase. I hope you enjoy it at least as much as Jason apparently did.

#574 ·
R. Doug said:
Jason, many thanks for the wonderful review. I really appreciate it. Glad you enjoyed the book.
No problem! It was a really good book, and I'll happily do what I can to help indie authors who write good books :)

I'll put the review up on Amazon in a few days, once Google recognises that it was on my site first.

Edit to ask: Are you planning on doing any sequals with Grant & Kelly? I'm sure life around a vineyard can generate murders. Hell, just look at how many murders the town where Jessica Fletcher lived seemed to have :)