Kindle Forum banner

Have You Posted to Your Blog Recently?

2M views 19K replies 2K participants last post by  William Meikle 
#1 ·
Nathan Bransford's procrastination subforum has a popular thread just like this. It's a friendly place where your spam can be cherished and celebrated.

Today, I blogged about how to write a great author bio, and your favorite gay boys from In Living Color's 'Men on Film' made a guest appearance:

Let's Talk About Bios, Baby. Let's Talk About You and Me.

Okay, your turn.

#603 ·
KarenW.B. said:
You know, Buford, those bats were too cute. I am a sucker (no pun intended) for creatures of the night.

I posted a piece on dashes today on "Editing for Grammarphobes," using all examples written about my beloved Chicago Bears as they get ready to face the packers on Sunday.

http://karenwojcikberner.blogspot.com
Thanks Karen. I like dashes, too... Though after reading your post, I'm scared I'll won't use them correctly, ha. :)

#605 ·
#608 ·
I'm still playing around trying to figure what topics get the most hits.  Well, I think I've found one for sure.  My previous record was sixty-seven hits on the first blog I did featuring photographic hints.  Yesterday, on the day I blogged a photographic hint, I smashed that record and set a new one with ninety-three hits in a  single day, and I've had nineteen so far this morning.  Runner-up was a blog I did on aviation safety, so I'm going to try another one of those tomorrow.  The least number of hits was on my primer on Bordeaux-style wines, which is too bad because I enjoy talking about wine, food, and how to pair them.  Guess I may have to limit that topic to perhaps only once or twice a month.  Also doing poorly was my first movie review this past Monday.

So far my blog has had 556 views, and this is only the third week on operation.  Not half bad.

Anybody else picking up trends yet?

#611 ·
Well, John, I'm trying to maintain a pace of three blogs a week, and I have those linked directly to both my personal and community facebook pages as well as my Amazon Author Central page.

#612 ·
R. Doug said:
Well, John, I'm trying to maintain a pace of three blogs a week, and I have those linked directly to both my personal and community facebook pages as well as my Amazon Author Central page.
I see, it's a network of sorts. Got it. Thanks!

#621 ·
Given the discussions everywhere about Lee Goldberg's post at Joe's blog -- and in particular the question of how much crap is being published and how Indies can learn not to write crap...

I posted a little exercise in reading slush. I learned more being a script reader and judge in competitions than I have in any class or from any mentor. (Of course, it was a mentor who recommended it.) With or without the help of gatekeepers, you too can set and raise your standards by making a practice of reading, analyzing and choosing among samples:

http://daringnovelist.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-5-update-and-exercise-in-reading.html

Camille

#624 ·
I actually had to go through all my posts to make sure there was no reference to a court case I'm going through (stalker, long story, will blog after the hearings wrap up. Spent 6 hours on the stand testifying Friday). I try to post every once in a while, and my most recent post was providing some background on a concept I used in Evolussion.

Behind Evolussion: White Buffalo Woman, 2012, and Apocalypse

I occasionally do posts that offer useful tools for authors, but also blog about my bulldogs, teaching, and life in general.

#625 ·