Kindle Forum banner

Have You Posted to Your Blog Recently?

2M views 19K replies 2K participants last post by  William Meikle 
#1 ·
Nathan Bransford's procrastination subforum has a popular thread just like this. It's a friendly place where your spam can be cherished and celebrated.

Today, I blogged about how to write a great author bio, and your favorite gay boys from In Living Color's 'Men on Film' made a guest appearance:

Let's Talk About Bios, Baby. Let's Talk About You and Me.

Okay, your turn.

#955 ·
The 99 Cent Price Point: Volume vs. Royalty

I have to sell 6X as many books at a 99 Cent Price Point - where the royalty is 35% or basically 35 Cents per book - than I do at the 70% royalty of a $2.99 book which is an approximate $2.04 profit per book, following the delivery fee deduction.

The real question then is…since I haven't been selling that many at the $2.99 price, and I need the exposure that the 99 Cent price offers, can the increased volume coming from the 99 Cent books make-up for the higher individual sale point profit of the $2.99 books?

The answer…oh boy does it!!!

And I've got all the Real Sales Number for you today at The WG2E (The Writers Guide to Epublishing)!

#956 ·
I just posted a blog on yet another possible complication of publishing a novel: Permission to use a quote in an epigram. An Epigram and The Corries

It includes some links to music which most of you have probably never heard-Scottish folk music and, no, that doesn't mean bagpipes. :)

#958 ·
I posted on my blog today: http://www.peelingcheek.wordpress.com

It was mostly about how technology increases the expectation about how fast we should expect results. For me this meant...it took six days for B&N to display the cover for my novel, Belvoir. I would rather the book and its cover been available at the same time.

The post prior to that was about the TED advertising awards which included the Chrysler video. That particular post got a surprising number of hits. Must have been more interesting than I thought it was going to be.

#960 ·
http://beniswriting.blogspot.com/

I posted in my blog today a follow up to the post I made yesterday. Essentially I was commenting that no matter how much pre-planning that you do, you know better how things will fit together once you actually are writing. Today I corrected that and said you know best once it's written.

My blog is a sort of chronicling of my journey as I attempt to write my first book.

#965 ·
#968 ·
#972 ·
My wife said something ingenious yesterday: "If they don't leave you wanting more, they leave you wanting less."

I thought about that in terms of writing and this was the result: More or Less

I'm just getting started in the self-pub biz, so the blog is new and I haven't even gotten my books out yet. But I'm eager to join the big discussion, so check it out puh-leeeeeeeeeeeez!

#974 ·
#975 ·
Many of my writer friends have been discussing technology in light of our own neuroses, so I posted an entry in my On the Way blog about just that.

http://markadairblog.blogspot.com