Kindle Forum banner

Have You Posted to Your Blog Recently?

2M views 19K replies 2K participants last post by  William Meikle 
#1 ·
Nathan Bransford's procrastination subforum has a popular thread just like this. It's a friendly place where your spam can be cherished and celebrated.

Today, I blogged about how to write a great author bio, and your favorite gay boys from In Living Color's 'Men on Film' made a guest appearance:

Let's Talk About Bios, Baby. Let's Talk About You and Me.

Okay, your turn.

#1,002 ·
#1,006 ·
Kathleen, this link "I'm asking for it with this one: My Big Snit Over Mandatory HEA" is incorrect. When I try to link directly to it because I want to recommend it, I go to your pro site rather than the post. It's one of the best posts on the subject I've ever read, btw. LOVE IT!

MA

#1,007 ·
Today's blog is a tribute to my latest literary mentor: Loving Laurie Colwin

Marian Allen said:
Kathleen, this link "I'm asking for it with this one: My Big Snit Over Mandatory HEA" is incorrect. When I try to link directly to it because I want to recommend it, I go to your pro site rather than the post. It's one of the best posts on the subject I've ever read, btw. LOVE IT!
Thanks, Marian! This should work: http://parlezmoiblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-big-snit-over-mandatory-hea-or-lady.html

#1,009 ·
Today's post is my weekly Friday Recommends. Among my recommendations today are Kathleen's post on mandatory HEA, Brianna's Cozy Corner Reading Room and Katie's post on book trailers.

Thanks, guys, for making my Friday Recommends so easy! :)

MA

#1,011 ·
I've always been an artistic person, but my outlet hasn't always been writing fiction. Here's a post about another phase I went through: Hardcore Gangster Rap

And you should definitely be afraid.
You're gettin flayed, and frayed,
And portrayed in an unsavory way.
You're gonna eat some of this handgrenade.
Receive no medical aide,
And you'll be very dismayed.

#1,014 ·
#1,018 ·
#1,019 ·
#1,020 ·
I've been posting about short fiction lately (and probably will continue to post on it for a while).

First I posted on how I was going to start emphasizing shorter works for now, and why with Fired Up About Short Fiction.

Then I posted about how covers get to be a problem when you start writing more short works, in The Problem With Self-publishing Short Fiction. (Which I'm proud to say was referenced in the article DavidRM mentions two posts up.)

And tonight I posted something about what makes a story a story -- especially when you get to very short flash and micro fiction stories. I'll probably write more on this. The Essence of Story, Part 1.

Camille