Kindle Forum banner

Have You Posted to Your Blog Recently?

2M views 19K replies 2K participants last post by  William Meikle 
#1 ·
Nathan Bransford's procrastination subforum has a popular thread just like this. It's a friendly place where your spam can be cherished and celebrated.

Today, I blogged about how to write a great author bio, and your favorite gay boys from In Living Color's 'Men on Film' made a guest appearance:

Let's Talk About Bios, Baby. Let's Talk About You and Me.

Okay, your turn.

#1,181 ·
Yes, here is my midweek blog post - do pop over and say hello!

A Fashion for Bad Language

I don't know about you, but I find women swearing somehow much more offensive than men. Perhaps it's because women are the gentler sex and discouraged from testosterone driven competitiveness, but surprisingly, in the 18th Century it seems bad language was tolerated from women.
As one observer in the 1700's wrote;
"Good round oaths are often heard from the lips of gentlewomen, who are quite familiar with the slang of the sportsmen and the stable."
TO READ THE FULL POST VISIT:
http://graceelliot-author.blogspot.com

#1,183 ·
My friend and fellow author Anna DeStefano are posting every Wednesday on our writing process. We have covered Character motivation and Plotting charts so far. Next we're talking about revision. Her blog is www.annawrites.com/blog and mine is www.jenniholbrooktalty.wordpress.com.

Also, for WDWPUB Bob just posted about his upcoming release Duty, Honor Country at Write It Forward (www.writeitforward.wordpress.com) and will be blogging every day on a different topic at www.westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com

There are my blogs for the week!

#1,188 ·
#1,189 ·
#1,190 ·
I posted my thoughts on writing dialog.

http://therexfiles.blogspot.com/2011/03/he-said-she-said-but-i-shouted.html

There appear to be two major camps:

1.) Use said/asked as the main backbone and only deviate when appropriate to dialog context
2.) Feel free to use action words liberally

I've opted for option 1 in my current books, but I've heard arguments on both sides. How do you guys feel about the issue?

#1,195 ·
#1,199 ·