Author Topic: Dead Until Dark week of 2/3: Reading Chapters 7-10, discuss 4-6 here  (Read 2742 times)  

Offline robin.goodfellow

• Georgia
  • Have you got a flag?
    • View Profile
Howdy everyone!

It's time to discuss chapters 4-6 of Dead Until Dark.  As we did last week, I'll post the questions here.  You can feel free to post your answers now, or join us in live chat tomorrow night at 9 E/8 C/7 M/6 P/4 Hawaii, or both.

Enjoy!  Now, on to this week's questions.  I'll also be posting a synopsis, so you if you were too busy hunting groundhog to read, you can still join us.

In CH 6 what do you think was the purpose of Maclom and Diane going into Merlotte's?

On page 132 she makes the comment "Pay the piper" Why do you think she uses that phrase?

Do you think that Sookie is ashamed with her relationship with Bill? She feels embarrassed about admitting her relationship with Bill because he is a vamp, or because she isn't use to really discussing her love life with others?

How did you feel when Sam pulled Sookie's collar down and "exposed" her?

Do you think Bill killing Sookie's uncle that Bill thought he would become even more endeared to him?

Do you think that when she wasn't that he said "I love you" as another was to get her more endeared to him?

Do you think its odd even if he is a vamp to think that Sookie would want her problems solved by having that problem eliminated/killed?

Do you think Sookie should have felt guilty for not warning Bill about the vampire malcontent in Merlotte's the night the vamp house got burned down?

What is your impression with Bill telling Sookie to go to Sam if he should die?

« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 05:37:30 AM by robin.goodfellow »
"One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries."
A.A. Milne

"In a library we are surrounded by many hundreds of dear friends imprisoned by an enchanter in paper and leathern boxes."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline robin.goodfellow

• Georgia
  • Have you got a flag?
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Until Dark week of 2/3: Reading Chapters 7-9, discuss 4-6 here
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 05:35:16 AM »
Synopsis: Chapters 4-8 Dead Until Dark.
Sookie realizes that she may be the next target of a serial killer who is murdering young women who have associations with vampires. In an effort to learn more about the victims, she convinces Bill to take her to Fangtasia, a vampire bar where she believes she may be able to determine a connection between the victims and killer. Sookie is looking GOOD and, unfortunately, she comes to the attention of Eric, the powerful vampire owner of the bar, and his associate, the vampire Pam. While her investigation does gather some information, she leaves knowing she may have gotten herself into even more trouble.
Gran is excited that Bill is to speak to the Descendents of the Glorious Dead. Sookie is surprised when Sam asks if she will go with him to the meeting and for coffee afterward. Bill's talk is a huge success. Sam admits to her that he has feelings for her, but Sookie confesses to her growing attraction to Bill. Sookie returns home to the horror of finding her grandmother brutally murdered in their home. She knows that the murderer had been looking for her.
While Sookie is grieving the death or her grandmother, Bill comes to see her and they begin an intimate affair. Her friends are disapproving and the relationship is further threatened when the Monroe vampires visit Merlotte's in an attempt to chastise and challenge Bill for his association with humans. Bill sides with Sookie against them and their relationship deepens. When she confesses to him in an intimate moment the story of her childhood molestation by an uncle, Bill arranges to have the uncle murdered in an apparent break-in. Horrified, Sookie breaks off their relationship while she tries to deal with her feelings about Bill and his vampire behavior.
While Sookie and Bill are apart, Diane, Liam and Malcolm continue to visit local bars, attempting to make it more difficult for other vampires who are trying to mainstream. When Sookie returns to work, she is surprised at the level of animosity that has arisen over their behavior, and the public outrage that is building. She see's Bill at Merlotte's with a visiting vamp companion and tries to warn him, but to no avail. The next morning, Sookie is devastated to learn of the murder and burning of the three Monroe vamps and another unidentified vamp companion. Uncertain whether the fourth victim is Bill, Sookie spends an agonizing day. Overjoyed to discover him "alive", she resumes their relationship.
Sookie is distraught as she learns that her brother Jason is under police suspicion for the murders, and her friends still do not accept her relationship with Bill. She is even more unsettled when she learns from Bill that she has been summoned by Eric. As she and Bill prepare for their second visit to Fangtasia, Sookie wonders what trouble she will find this time.
"One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries."
A.A. Milne

"In a library we are surrounded by many hundreds of dear friends imprisoned by an enchanter in paper and leathern boxes."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Angel91805

• View Profile
Re: Dead Until Dark week of 2/3: Reading Chapters 7-10, discuss 4-6 here
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 07:43:30 AM »
I'm a bit confused.  (Not unusual, actually!)

We were to read chapters 4-6.  Some of your questions though are not covered in those chapters.  Sookies uncle?  Burning of a vamp house?  Going to Sam if Bill dies???  And your synopsis says for chapters 4-8.....  I'm lost.

Did I not read the right chapters?!?!?!?!?!

Donna

Offline robin.goodfellow

• Georgia
  • Have you got a flag?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 08:13:51 AM »
(Don't tell anyone.  I didn't post the right chapters.  So just wing it.  Fortunately, there won't be a test.)
A.A. Milne

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline MAGreen

• Okinawa, Japan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 05:03:56 PM »
So we are supposed to read chapters 4-8? And "page 132"...huh? Some of the questions are a little confusing, I think I'm lost!
K1-Primary, soon to be MIL's
K1-Daughter's Kindle (Kylie)
K1-Best Friend's Kindle (Courtney)
DX-Grandpa's DX
K3-My New Best Friend
K3-My Other New Best Friend!
Inmate #1451

Offline robin.goodfellow

• Georgia
  • Have you got a flag?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 05:22:26 AM »
We'll do 4-6 this week, and we won't discuss the questions that fall outside that range.
A.A. Milne

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Angel91805

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 09:03:14 PM »
Oh drats!  I missed the chat completely!  I moved last weekend, and changed time zones.  LOL.  At 7:58pm mountain time, I was about to enter chat when I realized it was almost over.  GRRRR.

Guess I'll catch up next week!
Hugs,
Donna