Author Topic: Amazon Kindle 3 Lighted Cover Review  (Read 7889 times)  

Offline stargazer0725

• Texas
    • View Profile
Amazon Kindle 3 Lighted Cover Review
« on: August 27, 2010, 11:22:29 AM »
I'm in love and think I've found my zen in Kindle Cases.  The Lighted Leather Kindle Case is streamlined and very well made.  I ordered in a deep slate blue, which has a pebbled leather finish, and a nice firm bungee that wraps around the front of the case and nestles neatly in a groove along the front of the case:

The case folds back very neatly upon itself, with no bunching along the spine:

It's lined in a very high quality charcoal colored wool felt.  No interior pockets.  The hinge system is very easy to operate on this case:

The built-in light is absolutely ingenius.  In it's early stage, it requires a bit of finagling to pull it out from its resident corner.  Once up, the flexible arm positions the light very nicely:

Once pulled out, it lights up the screen perfectly with no glare (photograph glare is not representative).  What's great is that if your Kindle is hibernating, the light will not come on, which means if you leave your Kindle for an extended period, the light turns off automatically:

All in all, a very well made and trim package (seen here along side my M-Edge Executive Leather Case for my K2):

Offline erin22

• View Profile
Re: Amazon Kindle 3 Lighted Cover Review
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 12:30:21 PM »
Do you like the shade of blue. I ordered the blue, but I can't tell from computer pics if I will like it or not.

Offline Tamster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 12:39:52 PM »
Thanks for the review...I just ordered a pink one  :)

Offline stargazer0725

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 01:03:35 PM »
Love the shade of blue.  Very neutral and almost a navy, but not quite that dark..

Offline jkm2282

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 12:06:32 PM »
Hi - Did you had any issues with the weight of the cover+kindle?  I have read that though the cover is fantastic, the weight is kind of uncomfortable while using this case.  Have you had any such issues? Thanks!

Offline Jaasy

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 03:58:34 PM »
Hi - Did you had any issues with the weight of the cover+kindle?  I have read that though the cover is fantastic, the weight is kind of uncomfortable while using this case.  Have you had any such issues? Thanks!

Yes.  I love the case but the weight of it is very uncomfortable while reading...

Offline John Dorian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 07:22:15 PM »
Nice review! I quite fancy the green myself. :)

Online EC Sheedy

• BC, Canada
  • "Words are Deeds." Wittgenstein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 09:18:33 PM »
Do you like the shade of blue. I ordered the blue, but I can't tell from computer pics if I will like it or not.

I ordered the blue cover--it reminds me of denim--and I love it. This cover is a game changer for night owl readers who like to read in the dark--and not disturb their partner's sleep.  :) A truly great product!

Offline Jumboo

• View Profile
    • Kindle Australia
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 03:03:49 AM »
I also own a black lighted leather cover. Everything is perfect except its price.

Offline dori chatelain

• south NW
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 02:59:49 PM »
I love my lighted case. I bought a black one. I read a mostly in bed at night. Heck I have gone to bed hours early just to lay there and read.  The nice thing about this cover is it is very protective but yet it is very thin and comfortable to hold while reading. I actually  found a way to put it on a pillow and lean it against the wall. I never have to worry about falling asleep while reading. On this pillow my kindle sits there and I don't worry about rolling over on it.

I don't worry about my kindle when I put it in my purse with this cover on it.
God Bless and Happy Reading

Offline Amber Kathielsen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 11:10:18 PM »
I adore my pink lighted cover. The light is so amazingly bright, I could use it for a flashlight if I needed to!