Kindle Forum banner

DXG Compared to k2, k3 and DX

5K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  TomC 
#1 ·
This is a seriously short review, mainly because the DXG is so good! 

I have a k2i, k3 wifi/3g, and have had a DXi (recently sold).  I just got my new DXG (came with 2.5.5 installed) the other day.  This is now my favorite E-book reader.  The larger screen size (and I don't mind the extra weight) together with the new higher contrast pearl screen, make this the world's best E-book reader imho (in my honest opinion).

The k3 has a few more pdf tricks but since the DXG is so much larger, reading native pdf's is still much better.  I'm quietly-confident that Amazon will update the DXG pdf features to those of the k3 in the near future anyway.

The k3 browser is nice, esp. the zoom-in feature.  But, because of the larger DXG screen size, this is not often necessary.  I also still like the k2i/Dxi/DXG browser basic mode mode best since it sort of makes complex webpages look like mobile ones and zooms them in, and darkens them a bit as well.  I only use the browser for simple text-based things like latest news/sports/weather anyway.

I love my DXG!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.