Author Topic: Bundle Monster Leather Cover (K3)  (Read 3353 times)  

Offline cargalmn

• Prior Lake, MN
  • Kindle Owner since 9/14
    • View Profile
Bundle Monster Leather Cover (K3)
« on: October 05, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »
Hi -

I don't think I saw a review for the Bundle Monster Leather cover, so thought I'd post one...

I just got my cover yesterday.  I was beyond excited to get it.   ;)  As I posted elsewhere on KB, I like change, so I imagine I'll change out my skin & cover "relatively" frequently so I didn't want to spend very much.  Certainly not what the Oberon covers cost!  So now that I've shared that I have commitment issues (don't tell my husband, LOL) and am cheap, here are my thoughts on the cover...   ;D

I adore the color!  It does smell like leather, so I guess that means it's real.  hahaha.  The color is definitely more of a reddish brown than I expected it to be - but fortunately, that suits me just fine.  I wanted a cover that had pockets inside it so that when I travel I can just put my room key inside the cover (I'm constantly losing room keys).  There are several pockets (see pic below) so I'll be able to carry a credit card with me - if I dare.  I really, really like the suedey-interior that the Kindle itself rests on.  It's very soft to the touch and it's visible where the inner binding is (if you can call it that).  The straps that hold the Kindle in seem very sturdy (yes, I shook it to be sure).  The bottom two straps are leather and the top two are elastic but if you look at the pictures you'll see that the elastic is partially covered by leather.  Very nice touch.

The cover closes by a snap that's magnetic, so I put zero pressure on my Kindle in trying to close the cover.  The binding folds back all the way but is not completely parallel to the back of the Kindle - it's a slight angle.  The only con I have so far is what to do with the magnetic enclosure piece when I'm reading (you'll see it flopping about in the open cover picture below.  It CAN snap onto the front cover when folded back, but so far the leather's stiff enough that it causes the cover to be at a greater angle when folded back (does that make sense?).  That might change once the leather's been softened up a bit?

All in all, for what I paid for it (currently $22 on Amazon), I'd definitely recommend it.  Here are some pictures:

Cover front:

Cover when open:

Cover from side when closed:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 12:01:29 PM by cargalmn »
Kindle Owner since 9/14/10
Currently reading:  Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
Previous book read:  Against the Tide of Years, S.M. Stirling

Offline 911jason

• Simi Valley, CA
    • View Profile
    • Kindle Screensavers
Re: Bundle Monster Leather Cover (K3)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
That's very nice CarGal, I like the skin too. Good job! =)

Offline stargazer0725

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 02:44:45 PM »
cargalmn, that case is very similar in design to the m-edge executive jacket that I had.  If you fold it back on itself, you should be able to fold the snap tab back on itself and anchor it in the front cover of the jacket.

Offline mistyd107

• Alvarado Tx
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 02:12:46 PM »
was the DG skin with it or was that seperate?  I ask because the skins I see in the bundles don't appear to be DG
Totals Read in 2014: Books-9  Pgs-3,156  Loc-44,841

Offline cargalmn

• Prior Lake, MN
  • Kindle Owner since 9/14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 08:43:06 AM »
was the DG skin with it or was that seperate?  I ask because the skins I see in the bundles don't appear to be DG

I ordered the skin separate because I *had* to have that particular one.  I still absolutely adore the combination.  I like to just look at it.  It's like a work of art.  LOL  :)
Kindle Owner since 9/14/10
Currently reading:  Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
Previous book read:  Against the Tide of Years, S.M. Stirling

Offline mistyd107

• Alvarado Tx
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 01:04:29 PM »
thx!! for your review I just purchased the K2 version in navy blue to see if I can even use a bookstyle anymore due to a disability I figure at that price that will help me decide for sure how to handle the k3 IE bookstyle vs flip and I may just find the perfect case in the process.  beautiful combo also thx for sharing
Totals Read in 2014: Books-9  Pgs-3,156  Loc-44,841

Offline loua

• West Yorkshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 02:44:22 AM »
cargalmn, What's the name of the skin you have on it?

It's okay, I've found it! -  'Empty Nest'.  I finally found it after searching k3 skins by colour - red.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 03:00:21 AM by loua »