NetGalley

Author Topic: TrendyDigital MaxGuard Plus Case for K3 Review  (Read 3190 times)  

Offline cbb77

• View Profile
TrendyDigital MaxGuard Plus Case for K3 Review
« on: October 23, 2010, 12:36:04 PM »
  Just picked up the TrendyDigital MaxGuard Plus case as I was kind of bored with my Amazon case.  The TD case is pretty nice and well padded on both the front and back.  You can fell the difference between this and the Amazon case.  I don't believe it's real leather but still looks pretty nice.  The case is a book style with a frame to slide the K3 into.  Unlike other brands, the K3 slides in from the left.  This is ideal as with the cover closed there is literally no chance of the K3 sliding out.  Also the cover has magnets that hold the case cover pretty firm.  It take a good firm pull to open the cover, so again no worries of accidental opening.  The frame also provides some give as I was able to put my K3 in with a skin on.  I also picked up a M-Edge light that I can easily slide behind when needed.  Athough there is give, it holds the K3 pretty secure.  I performed the shake test and WAS able to get the K3 to fall out however it took some hard shakes for it to do so.  I personally am not concerned as with the opening into the case and firm magnet cover, there is no way the K3 is going to accidentally fall out.  The case also provides some good protection on the top, side and bottom.  I provided some shots of all angles to highlight that.   I think about my only gripe of the case is the interior felt.  It's nice and soft and protects the screen, but it seems to also pick up lint well.  Since it's black, you really notice it.   Probably will not be too bad if available in other colors.    Overall I am very happy with this over my Amazon case.  It's very soft and much lighter (weight wise) as well.  It makes the overall feel of the K3 just right.   

Offline meeko350

• View Profile
Re: TrendyDigital MaxGuard Plus Case for K3 Review
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 11:08:18 PM »
Thanks for all of the great pictures!!!  You should add your review to amazon since there aren't any reviews yet.
Just wondering...does it bother you that it doesn't fold completely flat?  I wonder if the platform folds flat.  But I don't think it would bother me since the platform folds at the top.

Offline 911jason

• Simi Valley, CA
    • View Profile
    • Kindle Screensavers
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 12:30:45 AM »
Looks good! Glad you took a picture of the Kindle out of the case, because I thought those were really bad fingerprints and smudges all over the right side of the keyboard and on the page turn buttons -- I didn't realize it was a skin at first!

P.S. Nice screen saver! ;)

Offline cbb77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 03:27:37 PM »
Thanks for all of the great pictures!!!  You should add your review to amazon since there aren't any reviews yet.
Just wondering...does it bother you that it doesn't fold completely flat?  I wonder if the platform folds flat.  But I don't think it would bother me since the platform folds at the top.

Yeah, still need to get around to post review on Amazon.  Been meaning to, just haven't had time.  As far as not folding completely flat, I think it's just because I haven't forced it.  The cover fold back rather easily and I can probably break the spine, so-to-speak, so that it would lay flat.  Figured I just leave it as is as it will eventually do that on it's own.   Also I think the pictures are a lot worse than what it actually is.  Definitely hasn't bothered me or noticed it while reading.  I just love the lite weight and plushness over the Amazon case.

Offline cbb77

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 03:31:56 PM »
P.S. Nice screen saver! ;)

Haha, thank you!  You recognized it from your collection.  Don't know where you find the time, but you have an awesome screensaver collection.  You have me checking back every few days to see your new picture posts!