KB Featured
Grey Daze: A Lance Underphal Mystery
by Michael Allan Scott

Kindle Edition published 2015-03-29
Bestseller ranking: 167157

Product Description
An IAN Book of the Year Finalist and featured on NBC's Daytime Show, the third book in the Lance Underphal Mystery series is part of a new breed of supernatural thrillers which can be read and enjoyed in any order. Based on real events, this is one of those dark, disturbing novels that keeps you turning pages.

Download the sample or use the "Look inside" feature for a FREE E-book offer.

It's a mystery- Something is wrong. As Lance Underphal pads softly across the cold flagstone, he hears her weeping. She is on her knees, hunched over in the middle of the room, her back to him, facing the dark fireplace. Something is very wrong. Lance wants to rush to her, but can't. In a hoarse whisper, he says, "Callie?" She lets out a mournful wail from deep within as she turns, their infant son in her arms, blue and still. He reels from the blow. How can this be? They don't have a son.

Author Topic: An opportunity for Kindle-savvy authors to earn money  (Read 668 times)  

Offline Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Durban, South Africa
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • View Profile
    • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
An opportunity for Kindle-savvy authors to earn money
« on: December 20, 2010, 09:55:19 AM »
Several writer friends have expressed a desire to publish their books as Kindles. One author of several published books would like to re-publish at least one of his humour books as an ebook. They all have the same problem technophobia and no time. Is there a service/agency that will e-publish and promote for a fee? The published author is willing to share the royalties 50/50. I am not tech-savvy enough to help.
Any ideas?  :)

Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

Offline Karen Wojcik Berner

• View Profile
    • Karen Wojcik Berner
Re: An opportunity for Kindle-savvy authors to earn money
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 10:48:49 AM »
I'm not sure about the promotion side, but Dellaster Designs has just reformatted A Whisper to a Scream for me. Ted Risk does a great job. He gets the files ready for ePub and mobi, then all you have to do is upload them. Lots of KB authors have used his company.

Dellaster Design's website is:

http://dellasterdesign.com/

Hope that helps.

Karen

Contemporary Fiction with a Sprinkling of the Classics
Karen Wojcik Berner | website | blog | facebook | twitter | Google+ | Goodreads

Offline modwitch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »
Did they publish via trad publishing?  If so, I think the first step is to figure out if they have ebook rights (and proof of it, I think amazon requires that before you can self pub an ebook that was already published).

Formatting and promoting are two really different skillsets, so it might be easier to get them two different places...
One author who began here.  Thanks Harvey.

• Durban, South Africa
    • View Profile
    • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 11:32:20 AM »
Thanks.
The writer has had lots of books trad published and with very good sales. He's also a newspaper columnist - hence not much spare time. I did warn him that he would probably have to do the marketing himself (he's used to the publisher doing it for him and just appearing for book signings etc) ::)

Offline Gerald

• Mid-Eastern UK
    • View Profile
    • Gerald's Writing Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 11:58:37 AM »
I've done this for a friend. I took their 70,000 word MS (which was pretty much a cut-and-paste of blog posts), including photos, and formatted it for Amazon, Smashwords and Lulu. It was quite a lot of work  :'(

Offline modwitch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 12:08:33 PM »
Thanks.
The writer has had lots of books trad published and with very good sales. He's also a newspaper columnist - hence not much spare time. I did warn him that he would probably have to do the marketing himself (he's used to the publisher doing it for him and just appearing for book signings etc) ::)

I think for a lot of contracts, that would mean he doesn't own the ebook rights.  If he has an established presence, listing them *might* be enough (he'd likely get spin-off sales from his other marketing trad publications). 
One author who began here.  Thanks Harvey.

Offline klenart

• Kansas City, MO
  • Never close your eyes to learning something new
    • View Profile
    • Twitter Link: @LucidConfusion
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 12:40:38 PM »
I'm a new ePublisher and having started in this realm first with no previous ties to publishing I learned the art of formatting eBooks from the ground up.  Now granted all of the stuff I have presently for sale in the Kindle store is puzzle/game titles -- not exactly the same as novels.  But I have 4 other "novel-type" book projects significantly underway, most or all that I will release next year and in tests of my own Kindle hardware here I've been very pleased with the end formatting results.

Your friends can contact me at my keith.L.1968@gmail.com if they are interested.  I'd certainly work for a percentage of royalties and I'd kick in some advertising effort as well, since as I am advertising my own stuff it's just as easy to throw a few more titles into the mix.

• Durban, South Africa
    • View Profile
    • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 07:54:23 AM »
I'm a new ePublisher and having started in this realm first with no previous ties to publishing I learned the art of formatting eBooks from the ground up.  Now granted all of the stuff I have presently for sale in the Kindle store is puzzle/game titles -- not exactly the same as novels.  But I have 4 other "novel-type" book projects significantly underway, most or all that I will release next year and in tests of my own Kindle hardware here I've been very pleased with the end formatting results.

Your friends can contact me at my keith.L.1968@gmail.com if they are interested.  I'd certainly work for a percentage of royalties and I'd kick in some advertising effort as well, since as I am advertising my own stuff it's just as easy to throw a few more titles into the mix.

Thanks Keith, I've forwarded your info to him and will keep it to send to other writers looking for assistance.

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac