Kindle Forum banner

Dec 2010, 1000 books a month achievement (TBOM)

27K views 164 replies 68 participants last post by  Rex Jameson 
#1 ·
It seems like people have liked this before so I'm going to do it again.

Amanda Hocking*
Michael Sullivan*
J.A. Konrath*
Victorine Lieske
H.P. Mallory*
Lauren Saga
Terri Reid*
Imogen Rose
Nathan Lowell*
Ellen Fisher*
Vianka Van Bokkem
David Dalglish
Sandra Edwards
C. S. Marks
Sibel Hodge
Julie Christensen
Holly A. Hook
David McAfee
Danielle Q. Lee
Valmore Daniels
Steven L. Hawk
Edward C. Patterson
William Meikle
Maria Hooley
M. Louisa Locke
Beth Orsoff*
Eric Christopherson*
Monique Martin
Ellen O'Connell
Karen Cantwell*
Stacey Wallace Benefiel
Aaron Patterson*
B. Tackitt
Bella Andre *
Blake Crouch
David McAfee
J.R. Rain
James Swain
Karen McQuestion*
L.J. Sellers
Lee Goldberg*
Lexi Revellian
Melanie Nilles
Paul Levine
Robert Burton Robinson
Robert W. Walker
Scott Nicholson*
Simon Wood
Tina Folsom*
Zoe Winters
Chris Graham
AlexisHarrington

*An asterisk denotes more than one book that individually sold over the 1,000 threshold (so a minimun of 2,000 sales)

See less See more
#153 ·
Lexi Revellian said:
Did you know PubIt isn't open to non-Americans? I got all excited about it, then read the small print and found I was excluded.
They've said they'll open it up to international authors in early 2011, but when is anyones guess :)

G
#154 ·
caethesfaron said:
I don't know if this is the place for this question, but why is it do you think you are selling so much more on B&N than on Amazon? It seems like for a lot of people it's the reverse. Are you somehow marketing to B&N buyers or is it just coincidence? Congrats on your success!
Not to take anything away from Holly, but she got lucky with the search results. Her book shows up #1 if you search for teen fiction. I'm seeing a little of that to, though not to the same degree. Books just seem to magically take off over there.

#155 ·
I have to admit to always being a little hesitant to share my sales numbers here or on other threads (for whatever reason - it really doesn't matter why), but as I read through this thread, I begin to see that Indie writers sharing both sales numbers and resulting monthly royalties COULD be very useful in a format designed to help each other. 

I see many writers here glad to see the numbers because they see, then, what is possible.  I know the only reason I have books on Kindle today is because I went to Konrath's blog where he shared his own successes, then posted an interview with Karen McQuestion.  Above and beyond that, Konrath shared specific details on WHAT worked for him and so I was able to move forward with a plan.

So I'm throwing out this idea:  possibly a discussion or forum designed specifically for sharing workable ideas on the BUSINESS side of writing where people share not only numbers, but methods for getting those numbers.  Any interest?  Or is that already being done?

Karen

#156 ·
karencantwell said:
So I'm throwing out this idea: possibly a discussion or forum designed specifically for sharing workable ideas on the BUSINESS side of writing where people share not only numbers, but methods for getting those numbers. Any interest? Or is that already being done?
Unless you're talking about a restricted-membership forum where everyone is cross-checked against some criteria before they can join, you're posting in that forum already :)

#158 ·
This morning, I just made it into your fantabulous 1000-Sales-a-Month Club!!!

Thanks sooo very much to all my beyond superfab Kindle Readers and Fans...and thanks too to many of you in this club who've helped me get to this point!

And a big 'ole shout-out and thanks to Robin for maintaining this thread!!!

Y'all rock!!!

#159 ·
Hi everyone--

Likewise, I have gratefully sold over 1,000 books this month. Looks like I'll be finishing up at about 1,300 books--up from 400 last month.

Ain't Love Grand? is leading the pack at about 900, thanks to landing on the New Age Bestseller list after a posting at E Reader News Today.

Devil Moon: A Mystic Romance is coming in at about 300

My other books are coming up from the rear.

I'm very thankful at Amazon for creating this opportunity to Indie Authors.

Dana Taylor

#162 ·
Congrats to everybody who made it to 1,000!!  It's a big achievement!

I ended up selling 2,192 copies of the Vampire's Warden this month between Barnes & Noble and Amazon.  The Amazon numbers were around 250 copies.  For most of the month, the B&N numbers for the Nook version were fantastic.  I was averaging about thirty a day.  They've dropped significantly now, but it was still a great month!

Congratulations again to everyone who made it!  If you haven't yet, don't worry!  Concentrate on the next book.

#163 ·
Oh, my, I wish I had remembered this thread! I have 4 books out now, and I'm working on hitting the 20,000 sales mark which should happen in a few days.

My first ebook went live 2 months and 5 days ago. I hit 1000 in sales on it the first month. In the second month, I hit 10,000 in sales. I've published 3 others approximately 2-3 weeks apart with the last going live late last Saturday. All are selling well and hit over 1000 in 30 days each except for the 4th book of course which has sold 83 so far. I'm a bit under the weather so haven't done much to get the word out about it.

This has been such an exciting journey. I wish I'd done it sooner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.