Author Topic: Post Oberon Pictures Here!!! Help others choose which Oberon is prettiest!  (Read 444882 times)  

Offline KindleKay (aka #1652)

• AR
  • http://www.KindleKay.wordpress.com
    • View Profile
    • The World Through My Eyes.... Blog
You know, I am a bit annoyed with oberondesign.com and I say that with my beautiful Tree of Life in saddle cover in my hand!

I want another cover.  Badly.  Problem is that their website has TERRIBLE pictures that do not show the true color of their cover...also, there are color choices for each cover yet, when you click on the dot to choose a color, there is no picture of the cover in the new color choice!  I think that we, here on Kindleboards.com take better pictures of our Kindle cover than Oberon does!  And mostly, our pics are taken with camera phones that turn out slightly blurry!!!  

This is extremely important as people need to know exactly what they are getting as the prices are on the high side (for a genuine leather, hand made product! I am not knocking their prices.) and they have no return policy unless it is defective.  Their pictures need to reflect the beauty of their product!

Example: when I saw Roof of Heaven was available in purple, I wasn't remotely interested as the purple looked blue on OberonDesign.com.  Then, on this thread, someone posted their RoH cover in purple and it is freaking gorgeous!!!!

I wish Oberon would dedicate itself to post better pictures on it's website.  But since they are not, I would like all of us here at Kindleboards to take a picture of which Oberon you have and post it here!  

Me?  I am looking for the Dragonfly in fern (I think?  Or maybe green) and the Roof of Heaven in Purple.

I already own Tree of Life in saddle which I have had for 1.5 months now and ADORE!  So to start things off, here is Sookie's cover....

OK- now it is YOUR turn....POST YOUR COVERS HERE!!!  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 02:48:19 PM by Harvey »

eBay Kindle 1 Auction Won 1.29.09
Shipped from seller 1.30.09
K1 Delivered  2.2.09
K2 Ordered 7.12.09 
K1 Sold 7.13.09
K2 Delivered 7.14.09
The Best Kindle 1 Watch Story EVER- MINE!
My Goodreads account, be my friend!

Offline Kathy

• Lighthouse Point, FL
  • Member 376
    • View Profile
This picture was taken by a high resolution camera and on my screen the color is exactly right. I have the Fern cover and the greens blend beautifully.

Offline dablab

• York, PA
    • View Profile
Kathy,  I have the same cover and skin and your picture does match the true color exactly!! 

Dot

Offline intinst

• Shannon Hills, AR
  • 'just enough clouds to create a beautiful sunset
    • View Profile
Here is my Sky Dragon cover. The red is just a little darker on the cover than on my monitor

A great many people now reading and writing would be better employed keeping rabbits.  Edith Sitwell 
Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the
engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair. Annie Dillard

Located just outside Little Rock, Arkansas

Offline frojazz

• Southaven, MS
  • He's my Huckleberry!
    • View Profile
These are so beautiful!  Thanks to everyone for posting.

(I ordered the Creekbed Maple in green last night...I can't wait for it to get here!!!!)
Anybody want a peanut?

• AR
    • View Profile
frojazz....promise to post pictures here once you have your Creekbed Maple in Green???  Prety please?

K1 Delivered  2.2.09
K2 Ordered 7.12.09 
K1 Sold 7.13.09
K2 Delivered 7.14.09

Offline pomlover2586

• CA
    • View Profile
Oh very pretty!!! I'm interested in Creekbed Maple as well....... :]
Elaina

Offline frojazz

• Southaven, MS
  • He's my Huckleberry!
    • View Profile
frojazz....promise to post pictures here once you have your Creekbed Maple in Green???  Pretty please?

I will do that for you, KindleKay!!  I bought it last night finally, after looking at their website for soooooo long.  I still can't believe that I did it!  It was really hard to choose only one.  I had to order a card holder with hummingbirds in wine, too!  (I'll post pics of both, of course!!)   :D
Anybody want a peanut?

Offline Raiden333

• Santa Cruz, CA
    • View Profile
Here's my pic of my World Tree I got yesterday. Because of the flash the green is slightly darker in person than it appears here, but not by much.

"Prometheus, thief of light, giver of light, bound by the gods, must have been a book." - House of Leaves, Mark Z. Danielewski

• AR
    • View Profile
ooo, yea fojazzz!!!  I can't wait!

I sure wish others would stop by and post some pics.... :(

K1 Delivered  2.2.09
K2 Ordered 7.12.09 
K1 Sold 7.13.09
K2 Delivered 7.14.09

Offline pidgeon92

• Chicago IL
  • Nothin' but a hound dog.
    • View Profile
    • Carmen-Ashland Building
Here's my pic of my World Tree I got yesterday. Because of the flash the green is slightly darker in person than it appears here, but not by much.

Mine is significantly darker.

my e-readers: Kindle 2 Kindle 3 nook iPad Sony-950

Offline frojazz

• Southaven, MS
  • He's my Huckleberry!
    • View Profile
That looks almost black!!   :o
Anybody want a peanut?

• AR
    • View Profile
Is it possible that one of these Owrld Trees is "green" and the other is "fern"?

K1 Delivered  2.2.09
K2 Ordered 7.12.09 
K1 Sold 7.13.09
K2 Delivered 7.14.09

Offline MonaSW

• Hayward, CA
    • View Profile
Is it possible that one of these Owrld Trees is "green" and the other is "fern"?

Not likely, Fern is softer shade of green.

Offline Raiden333

• Santa Cruz, CA
    • View Profile
Mine is significantly darker.

Yeah, that one looks nothing like mine. Mine has a lot more color. I ordered mine before they offered different colors, so this is the default.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 03:54:27 AM by Leslie »
"Prometheus, thief of light, giver of light, bound by the gods, must have been a book." - House of Leaves, Mark Z. Danielewski

Offline PJ

• Fox Lake, IL
  • 2345 (look mom I can count)
    • View Profile
It might be helpful to those trying to choose a color if when you post a picture you put something of a known color in the picture to help people know or guess at the actual color.  Something like crayons or anything else that is a standard color to help judge the color that is shown on all our different screens

Offline VictoriaP

• Rainy, dreary, gray Puget Sound
  • ^ ...wish I was back here...
    • View Profile
It's also best if we can take these without direct flash as that will most definitely alter the color.

That darker green looks amazingly like the black Oberon journal I have; I'll try to get a pic for here if the weather cooperates tomorrow.
"If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real than people with bodies and heartbeats." -- Richard Bach, "Illusions"

Offline Avalon

• California
  • Member #116
    • View Profile
    • My 2009 Bookshelf
Here's my purple Roof of Heaven.  It's not quite as blue as these photos show, I'll try again tomorrow when it is sunny.  It's more of a plum wine purple.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 09:18:08 PM by Avalon »
Kindle Kids:
K2 "Aurora" arrived 24 Feb 2009
K1 "Shakespeare" arrived 25 April 2008

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.  ~ Thornton Wilder

Offline PJ

• Fox Lake, IL
    • View Profile
Now to me that looks quite purple where as the picture at the Oberon site looks royal blue on my screen.

Offline Avalon

• California
  • Member #116
    • View Profile
    • My 2009 Bookshelf
I took these pics today in natural sunlight (no flash), but it was cloudy.  The purple of the cover is fairly accurate, but it's not quite as blue as these photos show, I'll try again tomorrow.

The skin is the Starry Night from DecalGirl.com, and the lovely bag is from BorsaBella - you'll find her on Etsy.com.

KindleKay, the purple cover IS freakin' awesome!

Kathy, that Fern dragonfly is gorgeous.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 09:51:28 AM by Avalon »
Kindle Kids:

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.  ~ Thornton Wilder

Offline Arctic Frog

• View Profile
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,5337.0/all.html

See my above thread for all the pics of my Fern Dragonfly Pond.  Colors were natural light on white background...looks pretty darn close to real life on both my cathode-tube monitor and my LCD monitor.

• AR
    • View Profile
Thank you Artic Frog.  I am trying oh-so-hard to decide between Fern Dragonfly Pond and Purple Roof of Heaven......AAK  Don't know what to decide....I need more pictures!!!  :D  :D  :D

K1 Delivered  2.2.09
K2 Ordered 7.12.09 
K1 Sold 7.13.09
K2 Delivered 7.14.09

Offline PJ

• Fox Lake, IL
    • View Profile
I took these pics today in natural sunlight (no flash), but it was pretty cloudy.  The purple of the cover is pretty accurate, but it's not quite as blue as these photos show, I'll try again tomorrow.

Your pictures don't look blue to me at all - they look purple.  It was the pictures and the oberon site that looked blue.  Compare this picture from Oberon to your picture above.  I'm thinking that there is just a blue bias in their pictures (the green looks more teal than green)

Offline Avalon

• California
  • Member #116
    • View Profile
    • My 2009 Bookshelf
Yes, PJS, you are right, good catch.  The cover is definitely purple, not the royal navy (as someone well described it) that they have on the Oberon website.

I didn't say it very well; what I meant was that, as purple is a mix of blue and red, there are shades of purple that have more blue in them (like lilac and lavender) and shades of purple that have more red in them (like berry or wine color).

They really should have more names for the various shades of purple!  Or actually, there are several names, but most people call them all purple.

Anyway, I just meant to suggest that the cover is a true purple that just slightly leans in the more rosy direction, like a rich plum color.

I have a feeling that I am making no sense, so I'll just post another picture tomorrow that will say it for me!
Kindle Kids:

Offline TM

• View Profile
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,5337.0/all.html

See my above thread for all the pics of my Fern Dragonfly Pond.  Colors were natural light on white background...looks pretty darn close to real life on both my cathode-tube monitor and my LCD monitor.

That is close to my fern Forest, mine is just a little darker and less bringht (but that could be a difference in monitors on how I am seeing your pic).