Author Topic: Post Oberon Pictures Here!!! Help others choose which Oberon is prettiest!  (Read 444896 times)  

Offline bernilynn

• View Profile
My Oberon Navy Butterfly for K1 arrived today!!!  It's really beautiful, and I haven't seen one posted on KindleBoards, so here are some pictures:

These were taken in natural light, with no flash, and I think they are close to the real color.

One thing I noticed is that this new cover did not have the stiffeners- it felt much better without them, so I removed them from my saddle Tree of Life.

Berni

Offline pawlaw aka MXCIX

• View Profile
Berni - that is so gorgeous!  really?  it feels better without the stiffeners?  i'm going to take mine out too and see what i think...thanks so much for the tip  ;D
K1 for DS
K1 for DS
k2 for DH
k2 for Ddad
K3 on order
K2 for DSIL's mom

I've been helping to stimulate the economy one kindle enabling at a time....

Offline Supercrone

• Chicago
    • View Profile
bernilynn:
Those are really handsome. That seems like the right word, somehow. I like the purple butterfly, but I think I like this even better. On my monitor, the third photo is different from the others, shinier and a brighter blue. I would guess that the others, which look more like my idea of navy, are closer to the original. Is that right?

Offline kari

• View Profile
What do you mean by stiffeners?  The black plastic pieces they put in the "pockets?"  My purple butterfly came today and it has those - but it's for K2 so maybe that's the difference.  They're fine for me so I'll leave them in.

Offline Abby

• Member 1864
    • View Profile
They do have smaller journals in the 5X7 size   it would be good for carrying around your small pad of paper.
Now that's an idea.  You're well on your way to earning your enabler banner! ;)

Offline bernilynn

• View Profile
bernilynn:
Those are really handsome. That seems like the right word, somehow. I like the purple butterfly, but I think I like this even better. On my monitor, the third photo is different from the others, shinier and a brighter blue. I would guess that the others, which look more like my idea of navy, are closer to the original. Is that right?

Yes, you're right.  The flash "flashed" on that one- the rest were taken in natural light.  And I agree- "Handsome" is a good word.  I'm very partial to navy (nautical, maybe?) Anyway, this cover is truly beautiful.
Berni

Offline Luvmy5brats

• Enabler Extraordinaire
  • Eastern Shore, MD
    • View Profile
Thank you for posting the pictures of the Navy Butterfly. It's beautiful and on my list for what I want for Mother's Day.

LOL on all of you trying to enable me to get that journal..I've taught you all so well. Makes a mom proud! But, it REALLY would get no use at all and no matter how I look at it, it's not a purchase I can reason at all..and trust me, I'm REALLY good at coming up with reasons for needing things.

Offline Jay

• View Profile
Made me want one.  The butterfly is next on my list.  I have been holding back and that picture did it!   :-\

Offline Cammie

• View Profile
OK, here goes. I'm going to try to post some pics of my new red Sun. In another post, I'll show the whole clan. I took these outside in full sun just now, so forgive any shadows. They look good on my iMac and at Photobucket, but who knows?

Hmmm, they're very small. How can I fix that?

I'm going to have to buy this cover.  Ty for the pictures....the cover is beautiful.  I'm going to go to the Oberon website right now and order.  It's 3 o'clock in the morning so it is not my fault that I am tired and am showing a lack of fiscal restraint...not my fault at all :).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 03:21:03 AM by Cammie »

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
  • Global Moderator
  • Maine, USA
  • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
    • View Profile
    • Maine Desk
I'm going to have to buy this cover.  Ty for the pictures....the cover is beautiful.  I'm going to go to the Oberon website right now and order.  It's 3 o'clock in the morning so it is not my fault that I am tired and am showing a lack of fiscal restraint...not my fault at all :).

Go for it! It's a beautiful cover -- even though I'm on record as saying I don't want the face staring at me. But even so, I can see the appeal. It's really lovely. And if someone GAVE me one, I wouldn't turn it down...LOL

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline kevin63

• Saint Louis, Missouri
  • Honda Ridgeline
    • View Profile
I'm going to order the greenman design (in purple) in a large journal today.  I hope it gets here before I go to Key West on the 5th.  That should give my Kindle some extra protection. I'm just going to order it then not check the tracking thing.  I get too frustrated watching that tracking information only to find it not moving.  We'll see how long that lasts!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 05:39:19 AM by kevin63 »

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.

Offline ricky

• Sacramento, ArnoldLand
    • View Profile
I'm going to order the greenman design (in purple) in a large journal today.  I hope it gets here before I go to Key West on the 5th.  That should give my Kindle some extra protection. I'm just going to order it then not check the tracking thing.  I get too frustrate watching that tracking information only to find it not moving.  We'll see how long that lasts!

Have a good time in Key West! 
Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder, and by the way, Don't Scare the Animals.

Offline dfwillia

• East Petersburg, PA
  • Current -▲- Read
    • View Profile
My ROH cover arrived yesterday. I have the same combo as Avalon, including the same skin and BB bag. It is a lovely color of purple and as others have said, the picture doesn't do it justice. I received the cat charm and considering I have 12 of these sweet babies (yes...you can call me the crazy catwoman...I don't mind), I couldn't have received a better choice. I will surely be back for additional leather goods from Oberon.
Donna W.

Offline Supercrone

• Chicago
    • View Profile

YW.  :) Maybe I can start a run on Sun here. It hasn't been one of the most popular covers so far, but it struck me from the first time I saw it as a K1 cover. By then, I already had my Sky Dragon, which I don't regret at all. It worked out well, with River Garden as a journal. I agree, too, as someone who is up at 3:00 AM far too often (procrastination is my middle name), you aren't responsible for decisions made after 2:00 AM. After that your true desires take over and "reason" has gone to bed. Good thing, though. How sad it would be if we lived by reason alone. Enjoy the cover; you'll love it.

Offline Avalon

• California
  • Member #116
    • View Profile
    • My 2009 Bookshelf
My ROH cover arrived yesterday. I have the same combo as Avalon, including the same skin and BB bag. It is a lovely color of purple and as others have said, the picture doesn't do it justice. I received the cat charm and considering I have 12 of these sweet babies (yes...you can call me the crazy catwoman...I don't mind), I couldn't have received a better choice. I will surely be back for additional leather goods from Oberon.

Excellent choice, Donna, you have such good taste!  And glad you got the kitty charm.  I have 2 myself (kitties, not charms), but got the Celtic diamond charm and adore it.

And yes, receiving my Kindle cover reminded me how many other Oberon items I *need* :)  The covers are just the beginning of the addiction!  At least others here will always understand/enable/sigh over your choices!
Kindle Kids:
K2 "Aurora" arrived 24 Feb 2009
K1 "Shakespeare" arrived 25 April 2008

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.  ~ Thornton Wilder

Offline Supercrone

• Chicago
    • View Profile
And yes, receiving my Kindle cover reminded me how many other Oberon items I *need* :)  The covers are just the beginning of the addiction!  At least others here will always understand/enable/sigh over your choices!

Too true! I think the folks here are going to single-handedly get Oberon (a niche, luxury item company) through the current recession/downturn/catastrophe/whatever. ;D

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
  • Global Moderator
  • Maine, USA
  • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
    • View Profile
    • Maine Desk
Too true! I think the folks here are going to single-handedly get Oberon (a niche, luxury item company) through the current recession/downturn/catastrophe/whatever. ;D

I have heard through the grapevine that they are thrilled with the amount of business they are getting from Kindle owners. So, everyone, keep doing your part to help a small business in a bad economy!

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline Supercrone

• Chicago
    • View Profile
I have heard through the grapevine that they are thrilled with the amount of business they are getting from Kindle owners. So, everyone, keep doing your part to help a small business in a bad economy!

L
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now not only do I have an excuse to order more things, I can feel good about myself for it!!  ;D ;) Actually, I've been using that extra excuse for awhile now. Got my eye on some other stuff.

Offline Cammie

• View Profile
Here are some pictures of a couple of Oberon journal Craigslist finds ($35 for both):

Both journals are older designs.  I don't think they are offered on the Oberon Design website any longer.  They are testament to the enduring quality of the fine products this company crafts.  The faded avocado green organizer cover is showing signs of fading along the spine and edges but I think that only adds to the beauty of the cover.  I was really purchasing the tan journal when I bought these items.  The organizer was almost a freebie and something I will not use.  If anyone is interested in the organizer, send me a pm.  I will give it to you for the cost of shipping to your location.

Offline Lilly

• View Profile

Cammie you're not the only one, I've been wanting that red Sun ever since I saw it on the Oberon site.  I was even one of the people who requested that Oberon turn it into a K1 cover.  For some reason the past 2 weeks, the red River Garden has confused me.  All the pictures of it has convinced me that I might like it more then the Sun, so I ordered it after going back & forth between it and the Sun.  Then Supercrone posted the pictures of the Sun cover and I realized that I just can't live without it!  So now I'm expecting 2 covers (red RG Kindle 2 cover and red Sun journal)!

Offline Cammie

• View Profile
Good for you Lilly!  :)

Offline Luvmy5brats

• Enabler Extraordinaire
  • Eastern Shore, MD
    • View Profile
Good for you Lilly!  :)

Cammie, I sent you a PM

Offline Cammie

• View Profile
The organizer is spoken for...I will send it out this evening...enjoy!

Offline Kind

• View Profile
Good find Cammie

Kindleholic - Addicted since Summer 2008.
Original Kindle x 2  Woot Woot

Offline Linda Cannon-Mott

• Assignment #118
    • View Profile
Great find Cammie!  :)