Author Topic: Post Oberon Pictures Here!!! Help others choose which Oberon is prettiest!  (Read 444723 times)  

Offline Vorpaks

• View Profile
When I first found out I was getting a Kindle I didn't think I would want an oberon cover. The feel of leather tends to make my hangds itch (though that might be whatever chemicals various companies treat their leather with). I think I lasted about 5 minutes on this board before I broke down and ordered one. I ordered the dragonfly pond in fern and then spent weeks agonizing whether to cancel and go with the river garden in red. I am not really a fan of green but I loved the pond/nature look of the cover. I stayed with my initial decision but I was pretty sure I was going to be dissapointed and longing for the red cover.

The dragonfly pond came yesterday and oh my... love at first site. It's beautiful, I have it on my desk so I can look at it ever so often while I work, like it's a picture or something. I am ready to just hang it on my wall and be done with it. I also love the feel -- no itchy hands at all. I am very very happy with my decision and not longing for the red cover at all. Which doesn't mean I won't buy it for myself as a birthday present in September anyway. ;)

If anyone is agonizing over which one to buy -- just go for it and buy one. You won't be disappointed!

(Cover is darker and more olive toned in real life -- previous posters have better pictures that show the true color!)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 11:11:17 AM by Vorpaks »

Offline Kathy

• Lighthouse Point, FL
  • Member 376
    • View Profile
When I first found out I was getting a Kindle I didn't think I would want an oberon cover. The feel of leather tends to make my hangds itch (though that might be whatever chemicals various companies treat their leather with). I think I lasted about 5 minutes on this board before I broke down and ordered one. I ordered the dragonfly pond in fern and then spent weeks agonizing whether to cancel and go with the river garden in red. I am not really a fan of green but I loved the pond/nature look of the cover. I stayed with my initial decision but I was pretty sure I was going to be dissapointed and longing for the red cover.

The dragonfly pond came yesterday and oh my... love at first site. It's beautiful, Uhave it on my desk so I can look at it ever so often while I work, like it's a picture or something. I am ready to just hang it on my wall and be done with it. I also love the feel -- no itchy hands at all. I am very very happy with my decision and not longing for the red cover at all. Which doesn't mean I won't buy it for myself as a birthday present in September anyway. ;)

I know just how you feel. I have the same cover and I love it so much. It just gets better every time I see it. I'm glad you like it. :)

If anyone is agonizing over which one to buy -- just go for it and buy one. You won't be disappointed!

Offline kari

• View Profile
Okay, as promised, here are the pics of my K2 with Oberon purple butterfly cover, Lily skin from Decalgirl, and Borsabella bag.  I also threw in an M-edge pic so you can see how well the skin goes with their jade green cover as well.  Also notice how nicely the butterfly cover folds back on itself - I love that!

Offline gwen10

• View Profile
All these wonderful pics are making me want to order another Oberon cover - and I haven't even received my first one yet!
Congratulations to everybody!  The covers (and skins) are gorgeous!!!  :)

Offline kevin63

• Saint Louis, Missouri
  • Honda Ridgeline
    • View Profile

Well if you hang around here long enough, you'll be buying all kinds of things and probably more than one of the same thing (just a different color).  There are several enablers on here (not that I would mention luvmy4brats name along with others).  Enjoy your cover.  You'll be on that site ordering your red cover before you know it.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.

Offline kevin63

• Saint Louis, Missouri
  • Honda Ridgeline
    • View Profile
Okay, as promised, here are the pics of my K2 with Oberon purple butterfly cover, Lily skin from Decalgirl, and Borsabella bag.  I also threw in an M-edge pic so you can see how well the skin goes with their jade green cover as well.  Also notice how nicely the butterfly cover folds back on itself - I love that!

Very nice Kari--------that purple looks really nice!   Enjoy.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.

Offline Luvmy5brats

• Enabler Extraordinaire
  • Eastern Shore, MD
    • View Profile
Well if you hang around here long enough, you'll be buying all kinds of things and probably more than one of the same thing (just a different color).  There are several enablers on here (not that I would mention luvmy4brats name along with others).  Enjoy your cover.  You'll be on that site ordering your red cover before you know it.

So is it a good or a bad thing that I'm getting singled out here? ;D

Offline kevin63

• Saint Louis, Missouri
  • Honda Ridgeline
    • View Profile

That is a very good thing.  I've have gotten several great ideas from you here.  I'd say your as close as it gets to being an expert authority on most of these items.  Seems like you have all of them (even though you won't get your son a new skin for his Nintendo DS------speaking of I have some kind of tattoo tribals stickers that came with my DS case, I could send them to you for him.  PM me and I will.  He might like them.)

Kevin

EDIT NOTE:  And yes I have a Nintendo DS LITE   they do have things for a 45 y/o.  At least that's what I tell myself.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 02:38:32 PM by kevin63 »

Offline KindleKay (aka #1652)

• AR
  • http://www.KindleKay.wordpress.com
    • View Profile
    • The World Through My Eyes.... Blog
OK- Today is the day:

#1- I FINALLY got my Amazon.com Visa card
#2- I got my diagnosis from my bloodwork, and it is expected yet distressing information
#3- I am 99.9% sure (still, after 3 days) that I want my 2nd Oberon to be Dragonfly Pond in fern

So off I go!!!  (Who says that material things won't make you happy?!)

:)

eBay Kindle 1 Auction Won 1.29.09
Shipped from seller 1.30.09
K1 Delivered  2.2.09
K2 Ordered 7.12.09 
K1 Sold 7.13.09
K2 Delivered 7.14.09
The Best Kindle 1 Watch Story EVER- MINE!
My Goodreads account, be my friend!

Offline Abby

• Member 1864
    • View Profile
EDIT NOTE:  And yes I have a Nintendo DS LITE   they do have things for a 45 y/o.  At least that's what I tell myself.
I have one too.  ;D (I also have one stashed away for DS for when he gets a bit older.  I found a good deal on it right before Christmas).

Offline kevin63

• Saint Louis, Missouri
  • Honda Ridgeline
    • View Profile
I have one too.  ;D (I also have one stashed away for DS for when he gets a bit older.  I found a good deal on it right before Christmas).

Yeah I got a great deal at Christmas time too.  My niece wanted it and I got it for her.  I started playing with her PINK one and decided I wanted one so I went back and got the red one for me.  I just told her I was charging hers up and had to check it out with the game cartridges that I had opened.  She's 12 and this was her 2nd one (she broke her 1st one) so I finally told her I just wanted to check it out.  It's a fun little thing to play with.  I heard the judge from Christina's Court yelling at a 30 something y/o guy on her show that someone his age should not be playing with toys like that............whatever.

Offline Kathy

• Lighthouse Point, FL
  • Member 376
    • View Profile

Alway a good thing.  :)

Offline frojazz

• Southaven, MS
  • He's my Huckleberry!
    • View Profile
My Oberon order was completed today!!  Y-A-Y!!!  I can't wait for my new CBM cover!  :-*
Anybody want a peanut?

Offline Luvmy5brats

• Enabler Extraordinaire
  • Eastern Shore, MD
    • View Profile
That is a very good thing.  I've have gotten several great ideas from you here.  I'd say your as close as it gets to being an expert authority on most of these items.  Seems like you have all of them (even though you won't get your son a new skin for his Nintendo DS------speaking of I have some kind of tattoo tribals stickers that came with my DS case, I could send them to you for him.  PM me and I will.  He might like them.)

Kevin

I don't have a Nintendo, but I have tons of games on my iphone..I go for games like solitaire and sudoku.

As for me having most of the accessories, that's just because I have no willpower whatsoever. It's a good thing my husband is a good sport and I make enough "fun money" to support my habit. Thank you for the offer of stickers for my son. We will love them. I will PM you..And just so you know, he's getting a new skin in his Easter Basket :P

Offline Luvmy5brats

• Enabler Extraordinaire
  • Eastern Shore, MD
    • View Profile
OK- Today is the day:

#1- I FINALLY got my Amazon.com Visa card
#2- I got my diagnosis from my bloodwork, and it is expected yet distressing information
#3- I am 99.9% sure (still, after 3 days) that I want my 2nd Oberon to be Dragonfly Pond in fern

So off I go!!!  (Who says that material things won't make you happy?!)

:)

Sorry to hear that bloodwork came back distressing. I hope everything is ok. Retail therapy can be very beneficial (to everything but the checkbook)

Offline KindleKay (aka #1652)

• AR
  • http://www.KindleKay.wordpress.com
    • View Profile
    • The World Through My Eyes.... Blog
Thanks, Luv....Apparantly I have Lupus.  Something we suspected, but still a blow when the bloodwork comes back saying so for sure.... No worries!  I have had it for years undiagnosed so a diagnosis is the first step to alleviate my symptoms, right???  (That is what I keep telling myself, anyway)

In the meantime, my Dragonfly Pond in fern is now ordered and will [hopefully] be on its way S-O-O-N!!!  :)  I was even bold enough to respectfully request a dragonfly charm if it is available.  (I mean, what if they sent me the now popular cat charm to hang on my dragonfly pond?!?!)  I said that I will post pics here as I did with my Tree of Life cover.  (see original post)  Maybe it will work!!!  :D

*fingers crossed*

eBay Kindle 1 Auction Won 1.29.09
Shipped from seller 1.30.09
K1 Delivered  2.2.09
K2 Ordered 7.12.09 
K1 Sold 7.13.09
K2 Delivered 7.14.09
The Best Kindle 1 Watch Story EVER- MINE!
My Goodreads account, be my friend!

Offline kevin63

• Saint Louis, Missouri
  • Honda Ridgeline
    • View Profile
I don't have a Nintendo, but I have tons of games on my iphone..I go for games like solitaire and sudoku.

As for me having most of the accessories, that's just because I have no willpower whatsoever. It's a good thing my husband is a good sport and I make enough "fun money" to support my habit. Thank you for the offer of stickers for my son. We will love them. I will PM you..And just so you know, he's getting a new skin in his Easter Basket :P

Heather----

I thought you son had the nintendo DS game-------

Offline Luvmy5brats

• Enabler Extraordinaire
  • Eastern Shore, MD
    • View Profile
Thanks, Luv....Apparantly I have Lupus.  Something we suspected, but still a blow when the bloodwork comes back saying so for sure.... No worries!  I have had it for years undiagnosed so a diagnosis is the first step to alleviate my symptoms, right???  (That is what I keep telling myself, anyway)

In the meantime, my Dragonfly Pond in fern is now ordered and will [hopefully] be on its way S-O-O-N!!!  :)  I was even bold enough to respectfully request a dragonfly charm if it is available.  (I mean, what if they sent me the now popular cat charm to hang on my dragonfly pond?!?!)  I said that I will post pics here as I did with my Tree of Life cover.  (see original post)  Maybe it will work!!!  :D

*fingers crossed*

Well, if you don't get a dragonfly, let me know. I still have one more and can trade. As for the diagnosis, yes, it's much easier to treat when you have a diagnosis, because you're not wondering anymore.

Heather----

I thought you son had the nintendo DS game-------

Yes, my son has a Nintendo DS..actually, all 4 of the kids do. I don't though because I just play games on my iphone.. You're never too old to play games ;D

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
  • Global Moderator
  • Maine, USA
  • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
    • View Profile
    • Maine Desk
Wasn't this supposed to be the thread to post pictures? Or something? LOL. Whatever. I got my purple Roof of Heaven today (with corners) and I really love it. It is beautiful. I love the sun and the little man on the back...let's call him Ennis.  :)

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline Luvmy5brats

• Enabler Extraordinaire
  • Eastern Shore, MD
    • View Profile
As soon as I get my River Garden I'll post pictures ;D I'll take a picture of my whole collection.

Offline Kathy

• Lighthouse Point, FL
  • Member 376
    • View Profile

*fingers crossed*

Sorry to hear about the Lupus. My niece has it, but seems to control the symptoms well. It is easier to deal with than not knowing.

You will love the cover. The green is such a soft green and the design is nice. :)

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
  • Global Moderator
  • Maine, USA
  • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
    • View Profile
    • Maine Desk
I also like the Orient skin in the purple Roof of Heaven cover, which I was worried about. It looks really good.

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline Googlegirl

• North Carolina
  • K2 owner 3-1-2009
    • View Profile

*fingers crossed*

Yes, Kay geting the diagnosis is half the battle but still a blow. WHen it's not official, you can still try to wish it away.

I just ordered a Hokusai wave cover today. If mine comes with a dragonfly and you get a cat, I'll trade ya.
Lysandra
SAHM to 4 kiddos and 3 furbabies

Currently reading- Dog on It by Spencer Quinn

Offline bernilynn

• View Profile

Can you tell me where you found a good deal on a DS Lite?  Our Rotary club has a 9 year old boy from Bolivia here for a heart operation, and I thought this would be a perfect distraction for him after the surgery (if you don't know about the Rotary Gift of Life program, it's a world wide effort that brings children with heart problems from 3rd world countries to the United States for operations.  The club pays for transportation and hosts the family for the duration.  The operation and and additional costs are donated by the doctors and the hospital.  It's an amazing effort that saves lives one at a time.)  Amazon and Toys R Us seem to be charging the same amount.  Is there someplace cheaper? 
Thanks,  Berni

Offline Abby

• Member 1864
    • View Profile
Can you tell me where you found a good deal on a DS Lite?  Our Rotary club has a 9 year old boy from Bolivia here for a heart operation, and I thought this would be a perfect distraction for him after the surgery (if you don't know about the Rotary Gift of Life program, it's a world wide effort that brings children with heart problems from 3rd world countries to the United States for operations.  The club pays for transportation and hosts the family for the duration.  The operation and and additional costs are donated by the doctors and the hospital.  It's an amazing effort that saves lives one at a time.)  Amazon and Toys R Us seem to be charging the same amount.  Is there someplace cheaper? 
Thanks,  Berni
I wish I could help Berni.  Amazon had the breast cancer DS Lite on sale for one day back in November or December and I grabbed one.  I wonder if the prices are going to start coming down now that they've announced the newest version.