Author Topic: Post Oberon Pictures Here!!! Help others choose which Oberon is prettiest!  (Read 448323 times)  

NYCKindleFan

I was saving up for the purple Roof of Heaven cover (couldn't resist..I am a huge purple person and it's beautiful) but my husband got laid off last week so it will have to wait awhile. I'm sure it will be worth it though!

Offline BurBunny

• Denver, CO
    • View Profile
Here's my red River Garden.  Shot on high-res camera in RAW, edited with Lightroom on color-calibrated monitor.  If your monitor isn't calibrated, it may look a bit different on yours than mine, but it's a very close match here:

Definitely a bit darker and more burgundy than I expected from the pics on Oberon, with not as much of a yellow tint to the red and more blue, but it's rich and gorgeous. 

BTW, I'm guessing that much of the difference between the Oberon pics and these is that I added a bit more blue to deal with the sRGB colors of web posting (which tend toward yellowish in Internet Explorer) from what I'd have edited to for printing.  The conversion of the colorspace shifted the colors a bit yellow, and I adjusted for that in these final pics, though the lower still has a bit yellow cast at the bottom due to the flash.
- Amber

Offline DD

• K1,K2,KK,Touch,FireHD,PW2, Voyage,Oasis1,Oasis2
    • View Profile
These are so beautiful!  Thanks to everyone for posting.

(I ordered the Creekbed Maple in green last night...I can't wait for it to get here!!!!)

I really want to see a picture acurately depicting the color of Creekbed Maple in green.  Please post pics when you get it.   :)
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH DAMN, SHE'S UP!". ~Member #484

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline DD

• View Profile
Here's my purple Roof of Heaven.  It's not quite as blue as these photos show, I'll try again tomorrow when it is sunny.  It's more of a plum wine purple.

Avalon, that's exactly the combination of cover and skin that I have.  Your pictures look exactly like the purple of the cover, at least on my monitor.  All other pictures I've seen of it look blue.  I tried to take some with my digital camera and they come out bluer than the actual cover.  I'll try it in natural sunlight tomorrow.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH DAMN, SHE'S UP!". ~Member #484

Offline DD

• View Profile
Here's my red River Garden.  Shot on high-res camera in RAW, edited with Lightroom on color-calibrated monitor.  If your monitor isn't calibrated, it may look a bit different on yours than mine, but it's a very close match here:

Definitely a bit darker and more burgundy than I expected from the pics on Oberon, with not as much of a yellow tint to the red and more blue, but it's rich and gorgeous. 

BTW, I'm guessing that much of the difference between the Oberon pics and these is that I added a bit more blue to deal with the sRGB colors of web posting (which tend toward yellowish in Internet Explorer) from what I'd have edited to for printing.  The conversion of the colorspace shifted the colors a bit yellow, and I adjusted for that in these final pics, though the lower still has a bit yellow cast at the bottom due to the flash.

This is beautiful, burbunny!

Offline KMA

• View Profile
Why the heck did I click on this thread?! Now, I am coveting my neighbor's covers. Sigh.

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
  • Global Moderator
  • Maine, USA
  • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
    • View Profile
    • Maine Desk
Here's my Hokusai wave in navy, next to the black Amazon cover so you can see the contrast:

With different skins. Symphonic:

Starry Night:

Leslie Nicoll

Offline Cuechick

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
    • etsy shop
Y'all, it really depends on your monitors color calibrations! You really can only get a basic idea, if you do not have a well calibrated screen. If you have one of those really glossy screens it is even harder to judge colors. Taking pics with natural light is the best choice but not in direct sun...

Here are some pics of my studio set up... which is a small sun room in my house. I use all natural light for almost everything.

I typically shoot small objects on this table, not in direct sun. I will sometimes add a white card to one side to help "fill" in shadows.
It also helps that all my walls are white, the room acts like a big soft box.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 06:23:25 AM by Octochick »
Find Fab Vintage in my Etsy Shop: Fresh Pie!

Offline Avalon

• California
  • Member #116
    • View Profile
    • My 2009 Bookshelf
Octochick, what an awesome set up!  No wonder your pics are the best!  Coming to your place for my next photos!

Despite all the differences in monitors, I think it helps having these pictures here, even if they portray a range of possibilities and none are perfectly exact.

BurBunny, that River Garden in red is amazing.  I've never been a red-lover, but lately I'm noticing it more and more.  That cover is  knock-out!  Great pics, and thanks for posting.
Kindle Kids:
K2 "Aurora" arrived 24 Feb 2009
K1 "Shakespeare" arrived 25 April 2008

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.  ~ Thornton Wilder

Offline Cowgirl

• Gilbert, AZ
  • Member #291
    • View Profile

Here's another World Tree....but of course I think mine is the prettiest! 

Offline pawlaw aka MXCIX

• View Profile
Hi all - Here is my fern forest k2 cover.  hope this helps.   :)

K1 for DS
K1 for DS
k2 for DH
k2 for Ddad
K3 on order
K2 for DSIL's mom

I've been helping to stimulate the economy one kindle enabling at a time....

Offline Linda Cannon-Mott

• Assignment #118
    • View Profile
Hi all - Here is my fern forest k2 cover.  hope this helps.   :)

That is gorgeous PawLaw! My next Oberon will be in green and I think you just helped me decide which one. Love it!

Offline pawlaw aka MXCIX

• View Profile
Hi Linda - I'm so glad that I've encouraged someone to get another oberon!  I'm trying to earn my enabler badge at the bottom of my post!   ;D
K1 for DS
K1 for DS
k2 for DH
k2 for Ddad
K3 on order
K2 for DSIL's mom

Offline Avalon

• California
  • Member #116
    • View Profile
    • My 2009 Bookshelf
pawlaw, that is so beautiful!  I'm thinking of getting an organizer in Fern Forest.  Thanks for posting!
Kindle Kids:
K2 "Aurora" arrived 24 Feb 2009
K1 "Shakespeare" arrived 25 April 2008

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.  ~ Thornton Wilder

Offline Lilly

• View Profile

It's GORGEOUS!  Thanks for posting the picture.  the red is definitely more striking then what is posted on the Oberon site.  Now if anyone can post a couple pictures of the red Sun to help me decide between the 2, it would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Lilly

• View Profile
Here's my purple Roof of Heaven.  It's not quite as blue as these photos show, I'll try again tomorrow when it is sunny.  It's more of a plum wine purple.

Oberon needs to replace the pictures on their site with yours.  Wow, that's really pretty.  For a minute, I wanted a purple ROH and that's big because I'm a red girl!  That shows the impact of your pictures!

Offline Supercrone

• Chicago
    • View Profile
Now if anyone can post a couple pictures of the red Sun to help me decide between the 2, it would be greatly appreciated!

I'm scheduled to get the red Sun on Wednesday, so if no one does it first, I'll give it a try. I haven't posted pictures here before, but someone kindly sent me detailed instructions, and I have a Photo Bucket account I haven't used in years, so I'll figure it out. In fact, if I can do it, I'll post the whole Red Oberon clan: Sky Dragon, River Garden, Double Knot, and Sun, each on a different product.

Offline KindleKay (aka #1652)

• AR
  • http://www.KindleKay.wordpress.com
    • View Profile
    • The World Through My Eyes.... Blog
Supercrone!  Please do!!!  Looking forward to it!

eBay Kindle 1 Auction Won 1.29.09
Shipped from seller 1.30.09
K1 Delivered  2.2.09
K2 Ordered 7.12.09 
K1 Sold 7.13.09
K2 Delivered 7.14.09
The Best Kindle 1 Watch Story EVER- MINE!
My Goodreads account, be my friend!

Offline gwen10

• View Profile
Supercrone!  Please do!!!  Looking forward to it!

Ditto!  :)

Offline Linda Cannon-Mott

• Assignment #118
    • View Profile
Oberon needs to replace the pictures on their site with yours.  Wow, that's really pretty.  For a minute, I wanted a purple ROH and that's big because I'm a red girl!  That shows the impact of your pictures!

Avalon your cover and Borsa Bella bag are beautiful together!

Offline Lilly

• View Profile
I'm scheduled to get the red Sun on Wednesday, so if no one does it first, I'll give it a try. I haven't posted pictures here before, but someone kindly sent me detailed instructions, and I have a Photo Bucket account I haven't used in years, so I'll figure it out. In fact, if I can do it, I'll post the whole Red Oberon clan: Sky Dragon, River Garden, Double Knot, and Sun, each on a different product.

Yippee!  Can't wait, thanks!

Offline pawlaw aka MXCIX

• View Profile
Oh and just to add to the fern mix...here is a picture of my fern ave. of trees for my k1... ;D

K1 for DS
K1 for DS
k2 for DH
k2 for Ddad
K3 on order
K2 for DSIL's mom

Offline DD

• View Profile
Mine is significantly darker.

Wow, the difference in those two green covers worries me.  I was leaning toward a green Creekbed Maple but I think I'll wait until someone posts pictures of the actual cover.

Online Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
Yeah, I am now totally confused by the green  :o. In some pictures it looks almost teal, bluish green, which I wouldn't like so much,  in others like the last one almost blackish dark and then I have seen some that look even more different. Now I don't know anymore. I wanted the forest and wasn't sure between the fern and the green.  ???

Member since 11/20/2008  | Goodreads |
It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach -- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
  • Global Moderator
  • Maine, USA
  • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
    • View Profile
    • Maine Desk
Yeah, I am now totally confused by the green  :o. In some pictures it looks almost teal, bluish green, which I wouldn't like so much,  in others like the last one almost blackish dark and then I have seen some that look even more different. Now I don't know anymore. I wanted the forest and wasn't sure between the fern and the green.  ???

As I said on another thread...

Pidgeon's cover is the one that is almost black and of all the pictures I have seen, hers is the only one that looks like that. I have seen variations on green -- sort olive green for some, more teal for others so obviously they are different -- but hers is the only one that has been that dark.

L

Leslie Nicoll