Author Topic: Post Oberon Pictures Here!!! Help others choose which Oberon is prettiest!  (Read 444722 times)  

Offline starryskyz

• View Profile
BurBunny - it looks gorgeous, especially with the cat charm.  I can hardly wait till I get my River Garden!  The red is even better than I thought!

Offline Avalon

• California
  • Member #116
    • View Profile
    • My 2009 Bookshelf
A few more views of the purple Roof of Heaven cover with the BorsaBella bag and Starry Night skin.  I think the light was a little better today, the color on these is perfect, at least on my monitor.

Anybody not enabled yet??

« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 06:59:36 PM by Avalon »
Kindle Kids:
K2 "Aurora" arrived 24 Feb 2009
K1 "Shakespeare" arrived 25 April 2008

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.  ~ Thornton Wilder

Offline Kathy

• Lighthouse Point, FL
  • Member 376
    • View Profile
A few more views of the purple Roof of Heaven cover with the BorsaBella bag and Starry Night skin.  I think the light was a little better today, the color on these is perfect, at least on my monitor.

Anybody not enabled yet??

This is the first picture I have seen of the Purple that really looks purple. It is so beautiful. That may be my next cover. :)

Offline nelamvr6

• New London, CT USA
    • View Profile
Beautiful pics guys!

My Oberon should find its way to me this week.  But unfortunately I'm on the road without my camera so I won't be able to add any pics of my own.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

--Douglas Adams

Offline KindleKay (aka #1652)

• AR
  • http://www.KindleKay.wordpress.com
    • View Profile
    • The World Through My Eyes.... Blog
Oh Avalon.....*sigh* How will I ever decide???

eBay Kindle 1 Auction Won 1.29.09
Shipped from seller 1.30.09
K1 Delivered  2.2.09
K2 Ordered 7.12.09 
K1 Sold 7.13.09
K2 Delivered 7.14.09
The Best Kindle 1 Watch Story EVER- MINE!
My Goodreads account, be my friend!

Offline Avalon

• California
  • Member #116
    • View Profile
    • My 2009 Bookshelf
Avalon, that's exactly the combination of cover and skin that I have.

Excellent taste, DD!

Oberon needs to replace the pictures on their site with yours.  Wow, that's really pretty.  For a minute, I wanted a purple ROH and that's big because I'm a red girl!  That shows the impact of your pictures!

Thanks, Lilly, very nice of you to say so.  I'm strictly a purple girl, but I've really started to notice red a lot lately.  I think red and purple share some personality traits :)

Avalon your cover and Borsa Bella bag are beautiful together!

Linda, thanks, I think so too.  We are all lucky so many talented artists have adopted the Kindle.

This is the first picture I have seen of the Purple that really looks purple. It is so beautiful. That may be my next cover. :)

You won't be disappointed.  If you get one, post a pic.  Pass it on!

Oh Avalon.....*sigh* How will I ever decide???

I do feel your pain *sigh*
Kindle Kids:

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.  ~ Thornton Wilder

Offline Lilly

• View Profile

Avalon, I just saw your new pictures and I have to say, you are one of the only person that posted a back picture of a wraparound cover close.  Most people will post a picture of the front and with the cover open but they never seem to give you the back view of the cover.  Thanks!

Offline Avalon

• California
  • Member #116
    • View Profile
    • My 2009 Bookshelf
Avalon, I just saw your new pictures and I have to say, you are one of the only person that posted a back picture of a wraparound cover close.  Most people will post a picture of the front and with the cover open but they never seem to give you the back view of the cover.  Thanks!

You are welcome, and I hope it helps.  What's interesting about this design is that the back cover is not a mirror image of the front, as on most of the other wrap-around styles.  And it is gorgeous!  I actually like the back better than the front.
Kindle Kids:

Offline Toby

• MA
    • View Profile
Thanks for the pic, folks!!!!! I can't wait to order my cover. You are just making the waiting worse.   ;D That purple rocks!!! Just 3 more weeks.

Offline intinst

• Shannon Hills, AR
  • 'just enough clouds to create a beautiful sunset
    • View Profile
The Purple Roof of Heaven looks beautiful, but I would love to see one in saddle!
A great many people now reading and writing would be better employed keeping rabbits.  Edith Sitwell 
Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the
engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair. Annie Dillard

Located just outside Little Rock, Arkansas

Offline BurBunny

• Denver, CO
    • View Profile

Hadn't even thought about doing the back cover closed, as it's not what I look at, but it is so different and has its own beauty. 

If anyone wants to see River Garden's back cover only, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
- Amber

Offline Lilly

• View Profile
Hadn't even thought about doing the back cover closed, as it's not what I look at, but it is so different and has its own beauty. 

If anyone wants to see River Garden's back cover only, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Me, me, did I say me! BurBunny, the red RG is one of my 2 top choices, the red Sun is the other one.  I plan to order on Friday but have not made up my mind between the 2.  I would love to see a back view of RG closed!

Offline ricky

• Sacramento, ArnoldLand
    • View Profile
The Purple Roof of Heaven is delicious.  I really want it, but I probably would stop reading for awhile, I'd be too busy just happily zoning in on that cover...
Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder, and by the way, Don't Scare the Animals.

Offline kindlevixen

• Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Kindle Vixen
This thread reminded me to order my purple ROH this afternoon.  I keep meaning to and always get distracted, but no more... its on order!  Now I need to decide on a new skin for it...

Offline Mr.Peabody

• View Profile
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
Here is my K1 in its oberon forest in fern cover with its flowerburst decal girl skin and new borsa bella kindle bag
Love it

Offline Linda Cannon-Mott

• Assignment #118
    • View Profile
Another beautiful combo Mr. Peabody!  :)

Offline Luvmy5brats

• Enabler Extraordinaire
  • Eastern Shore, MD
    • View Profile
Wow Mr. Peabody! That's beautiful! My mom has that skin on her Eleanor. I might have to get her that bag.

Offline Mr.Peabody

• View Profile
Yes,It is a beautiful combo, I have added the wolf charm to the cover and it reminds of back home in the adirondacks!!
I must confess however, all I can think about these days is the ROH in purple ,which came out the day my forest arrived :( 
I have a milestone birthday coming up and I think I'm gonna treat myself to the pocket organizer in forest to match my K1 forest cover and the K1 cover ROH in purple for his weekend wardrobe.
Then I will also need the new borsa bella travel bag and maybe the gadget bag to match( I'm kindle accessory obsessed  ;D!!)
I really do love the mountain pine cover in the saddle, if they ever decide to do that for K1, I would get it in a heartbeat, but they are probably not going to do anymore new styles for the K1, but if they do....

Offline Avalon

• California
  • Member #116
    • View Profile
    • My 2009 Bookshelf
[img][/img]

Just awesome, Mr. Peabody.  I feel like I'm in a peaceful, quiet forest looking at that wonderful cover.  Very calming and so beautiful!  I'm thinking of a Forest organizer in fern.  You may have just tipped the scale for me :)
Kindle Kids:

Offline Avalon

• California
  • Member #116
    • View Profile
    • My 2009 Bookshelf
I must confess however, all I can think about these days is the ROH in purple ,which came out the day my forest arrived :( 
I have a milestone birthday coming up and I think I'm gonna treat myself to the pocket organizer in forest to match my K1 forest cover and the K1 cover ROH in purple for his weekend wardrobe.

You will not be disappointed, it is spectacular.  Don't know about you, but most days my Kindle is better dressed than I am :)
Kindle Kids:

Offline Luvmy5brats

• Enabler Extraordinaire
  • Eastern Shore, MD
    • View Profile
I'm sitting here not so patiently waiting for the UPS man to deliver my purple ROH..and my daughter just received the Forest in green last week.

You've got good taste Peabody.

• Assignment #118
    • View Profile
You will not be disappointed, it is spectacular.  Don't know about you, but most days my Kindle is better dressed than I am :)

I agree with you on that Avalon. I wear scrubs Mon - Fri so my Kindle is definitely dressed better and on Sat I usually keep PJ's on or jeans and a T Shirt.

Offline BurBunny

• Denver, CO
    • View Profile
Me, me, did I say me! BurBunny, the red RG is one of my 2 top choices, the red Sun is the other one.  I plan to order on Friday but have not made up my mind between the 2.  I would love to see a back view of RG closed!

Your wish is my command!

- Amber

• Assignment #118
    • View Profile
Your wish is my command!

Mine is going to be delivered today and I can't wait, so excited! What charm did you get with the RG? Beautiful!!

Offline BurBunny

• Denver, CO
    • View Profile
Mine is going to be delivered today and I can't wait, so excited! What charm did you get with the RG? Beautiful!!

Not sure what it would have come with regularly, but they sent the sleeping kitty charm to help ease the pain of loss of my two kitties recently.  If I were to guess, I'd bet it comes with one of the tree charms normally.

Can't wait to hear your reaction when yours gets there today!
- Amber