Author Topic: Post Oberon Pictures Here!!! Help others choose which Oberon is prettiest!  (Read 444713 times)  

Offline Linda Cannon-Mott

• Assignment #118
    • View Profile
Not sure what it would have come with regularly, but they sent the sleeping kitty charm to help ease the pain of loss of my two kitties recently.  If I were to guess, I'd bet it comes with one of the tree charms normally.

Can't wait to hear your reaction when yours gets there today!

I remember the kitty now, so kind of them. I hope you feel comfort each time you read and see your special charm! I am a cat lover too,  have 4 babies.

Offline Avalon

• California
  • Member #116
    • View Profile
    • My 2009 Bookshelf

Wow.  Really beautiful.  As beautiful as the front, and that's saying a lot.  Thanks for posting.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 11:48:34 AM by Avalon »
Kindle Kids:
K2 "Aurora" arrived 24 Feb 2009
K1 "Shakespeare" arrived 25 April 2008

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.  ~ Thornton Wilder

Offline Lilly

• View Profile
Your wish is my command!

Thank you, it's beautiful!  I just went ahead and ordered the red River Garden, I could not wait for the Sun pictures to be posted on Wednesday.  I'll just have to ask for the Sun for my birthday coming up in June!

Offline Supercrone

• Chicago
    • View Profile
Thank you, it's beautiful!  I just went ahead and ordered the red River Garden, I could not wait for the Sun pictures to be posted on Wednesday.  I'll just have to ask for the Sun for my birthday coming up in June!
I'm surprised you managed to wait as long as you did; I couldn't have. :D The red RG is my favorite, but when I preordered my K1 cover, it wasn't available. In fact, I'm one of the (I'm sure many) folks who wrote and requested it. I got the only red cover in the first batch, Sky Dragon, and I love it, too. I liked RG so much, though, that I ordered it as a journal, and I'm glad I did. I like writing in it, but I'd never have ordered a journal before I had my K1 cover and saw how beautiful they are. Now I don't have to regret not getting an RG K2 cover, and I could order Sun, which I also fell in love with when I saw it for K1. RG is REALLY gorgeous!

Offline chobitz

• View Profile
My SkyDragon:

The red is deeper red, imagine a dragon red. Its not as dark as a brick red but darker then true fire engine red.. I took these pics with a cellcam so the color is washed out.

My best friend is a person who will get me a book I have not read - Abraham Lincoln

Offline gwen10

• View Profile
Has anybody received their saddle ROH today???? I am dying for a real life picture of this cover!  :)

Offline PJ

• Fox Lake, IL
  • 2345 (look mom I can count)
    • View Profile
Yeah, I am now totally confused by the green  :o. In some pictures it looks almost teal, bluish green, which I wouldn't like so much,  in others like the last one almost blackish dark and then I have seen some that look even more different. Now I don't know anymore. I wanted the forest and wasn't sure between the fern and the green.  ???

I had questions about the colors too so I wrote to Oberon and here is their reply:

Dear Pam, our purple is a purple, purple and does not look at all blue in real life/light. The Fern is a vivid spring green (without a olive hues) but the Green is a Forest green or Hunter green, pretty dark) and doesn't look like a blue-green at all.

Offline Luvmy5brats

• Enabler Extraordinaire
  • Eastern Shore, MD
    • View Profile
I can attest to the fact that the green is not blue-green. It's a very rich hunter green and very, very beautiful.

Offline kari

• View Profile
I had questions about the colors too so I wrote to Oberon and here is their reply:

Interesting because the pictures I've seen of Fern did leave me thinking it had an olive hue to it.

Offline MaureenH

• View Profile
BurBunny - it looks gorgeous, especially with the cat charm.  I can hardly wait till I get my River Garden!  The red is even better than I thought!

I actually liked the brighter red show on Oberon than the darker red here, but I'm sure it will be beautiful whichever.

Offline MaureenH

• View Profile
Not sure what it would have come with regularly, but they sent the sleeping kitty charm to help ease the pain of loss of my two kitties recently.  If I were to guess, I'd bet it comes with one of the tree charms normally.

Can't wait to hear your reaction when yours gets there today!

When I ordered mine I didn't see anything about charms. Does one automatically come with it?

Offline Luvmy5brats

• Enabler Extraordinaire
  • Eastern Shore, MD
    • View Profile
When I ordered mine I didn't see anything about charms. Does one automatically come with it?

It's usually taped on a business card on the wrapping. There are many different charms and Oberon includes them as a small Thank You token.

Offline TM

• View Profile
Interesting because the pictures I've seen of Fern did leave me thinking it had an olive hue to it.

I have a Fern Forest... and it does have an olive tint to it.

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
  • Member #1600 since January 15, 2009
    • View Profile

I also have a Fern Forest cover and I think olive, camouflage green or split pea soup (as ElDog describes it) are the most accurate descriptions I can think of for the "main" color - I still think it is beautiful!
A book, I think, is very like a little golden door.
That takes me into places where I've never been before.
It leads me into fairyland or countries strange and far.
And, best of all, the golden door always stands ajar. - Adelaide Love

Offline Kindgirl

• Ohio
    • View Profile
I have the Hokusai Wave in navy.  The website is fairly accurate, maybe a little bit darker than mine.  Blue is my favorite color and this is a deep blue, love it! :)

Offline egh34

• View Profile
OK, friends, again, soclose to deciding...what about this combo?

ROH in purple, and Lily from Decal girl?

I can't make either image appear...I've tried cut and paste...

Offline frojazz

• Southaven, MS
  • He's my Huckleberry!
    • View Profile
I can attest to the fact that the green is not blue-green. It's a very rich hunter green and very, very beautiful.

I'm glad that you said this, luv.  I saw that dark green one (looks almost black) on the first page of this thread and have been worried ever since.  (Waiting on my green Creekbed Maple.)

I haven't been this apprehensive waiting for something since my Kindle was on its way!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 05:19:10 PM by frojazz »
Anybody want a peanut?

Offline KindleKay (aka #1652)

• AR
  • http://www.KindleKay.wordpress.com
    • View Profile
    • The World Through My Eyes.... Blog
OK, friends, again, soclose to deciding...what about this combo?

ROH in purple, and Lily from Decal girl?

I can't make either image appear...I've tried cut and paste...

SEE egh!!!  That is my dilemma!

I have Lily for K1 now.  I am TRYING to decide between Dragonfly Pond in fern (see pics from earlier on this thread from Kathy?  I think?  Page 1 or 2) or RoH in Purple...either one works with Lily and I can NOT decide!!

eBay Kindle 1 Auction Won 1.29.09
Shipped from seller 1.30.09
K1 Delivered  2.2.09
K2 Ordered 7.12.09 
K1 Sold 7.13.09
K2 Delivered 7.14.09
The Best Kindle 1 Watch Story EVER- MINE!
My Goodreads account, be my friend!

Offline laura99

• USA NC
    • View Profile
Thanks for the photos all! I ordered by ROH in purple and cannot wait! Avalon your photos are much better than Oberon's - and I see I made the right choice for me (but the Forest in Fern is quite beautiful as well!)

Offline egh34

• View Profile
KindleKay - I have been visiting on Oberon for so long, and couldn't decide between ROH and dragonfly until I realized that dragonfly pond didn't have anything on the back, ad I really wanted stuff on both sides. So a HUGE THANK YOU to those people that posted pictures. It took me a long time to decide, but with everyone's help, I think I was able to do it!

Offline JeanThree

• View Profile
Yea! My Celtic Hounds arrived this afternoon, super fast shipping from a fellow Kindleboard member. It is so gorgeous, I am so glad I didn't let it get away. I hooked the charm (a dragonfly and soooo cute!) on the  bungee and it looks great. I took pics, but I am used to having a diff way to post pics (like e-bay where you browse your own pics) so it may take a while to figure out how to do it. The color is darker than I expected, but still beautiful.

Oh, and BTW--regarding the pictures "looking back at you"---there are 6 little sets of eyes on those hounds, but all friendly and very very small!  They will be my reading buddies!

Offline Latjoe

• California
  • I'm still on a long, strange trip . . .
    • View Profile
It looks like no one likes the Raven but me . . . I have loved ravens ever since one scared me right off my motorcycle one Sunday morning 35 yrs ago on Highway 1.

This cover is taupe -- I don't think any of their other designs come in taupe. 

I really love this cover.  I was concerned that the leather, being quite thick, would be hard and/or rough on the edges, but it's not at all.

Kathie

Offline gwen10

• View Profile
It looks like no one likes the Raven but me . . . I have loved ravens ever since one scared me right off my motorcycle one Sunday morning 35 yrs ago on Highway 1.

This cover is taupe -- I don't think any of their other designs come in taupe. 

I really love this cover.  I was concerned that the leather, being quite thick, would be hard and/or rough on the edges, but it's not at all.

Kathie

Kathie-
Your cover is gorgeous!  I, too, am interested in the taupe color.  I am neutral person.  I ordered Celtic Knots in black, which hasn't been posted yet, either. 
Congrats on your beautiful Oberon!

Offline Luvmy5brats

• Enabler Extraordinaire
  • Eastern Shore, MD
    • View Profile
I actually do like the Raven cover. However, being a Steelers fan, Ravens of any sort are not allowed in my house ;D

That color is growing on me too. I think, and I'll have to go and look, that one other one is available in taupe now, but I can't remember which one.

ETA:

Hokusai Wave, Avenue of Trees and World Tree also come in Taupe
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 05:30:09 PM by luvmy4brats »

Offline Latjoe

• California
  • I'm still on a long, strange trip . . .
    • View Profile
I actually do like the Raven cover. However, being a Steelers fan, Ravens of any sort are not allowed in my house ;D

Ooooh, I get it.  I'm on the west coast -- that rivalry didn't register.

Kathie