NetGalley

Author Topic: Review: NUVO-TEK Slip case  (Read 2384 times)  

Offline gramps50

• View Profile
Review: NUVO-TEK Slip case
« on: March 27, 2011, 01:55:56 PM »
After buying my Kindle 3 I soon discovered that I didn't think it should go through it's whole life naked. It was like a new born baby I was going to have to cloth it. I didn't think I was going to like it with one of the book style covers as I liked the way the naked Kindle felt in my hands. So I thought start with an inexpensive slip case and see how that went. I then went on a search for one. After looking around and reading reviews on suggestions from others on the forums I came across the Nuvo-Tek slip case.

The Nuvo-Tek is made out of what I call neoprene, it looks and feels like the same material they make wet suits out of. Nuvo-Tek markets sleeves, cases and covers for mobile devices such as the Kindle, Nook Color, Kyros, eLocity, notebooks and netbooks. www.nuvo-tek.com/ The Amazon Kindle Slip Sleeve come in 2 color sets, Blue/Black or Black/Grey both are reversable. Product Dimensions: 7.875 x 0.4 x 5.0 inches ; 1.6 ounces.

I found these on ebay for $5.89 with free shipping so even if I didn't like it I still didn't have a lot invested. They sell for $7.95 on the Nuvo-Tek site.

When it arrived a couple of days after ordering it seemed a little small put the Kindle slipped in just fine and not the case has more or less conformed itself to my Kindle. The case is very well made and does excatly what I wanted, protect it while I was transporting it from point A to point B. The little flap that covers the top of the Kindle is a little hard to flip over the Kindle but when it is the Kindle is locked in and can't slip out. You can also use it without using the flap and the very top 1.5 inches of the Kindle sticks out. The flap is a minor thing and wouldn't stop me from buying another one.

Bottom line I think this is a excellent case for the money even if you paid full retail of $7.95 for it.

Black side out

Black with Kindle inserted

Grey with Kindle inserted

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:59:29 PM by gramps50 »