Kindle Forum banner

Read with the author (question about)

7K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Archer 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm an independently published author of this historical fantasy set in ancient Rome (A. D. 62: Pompeii). It is available for Kindle as well as in other formats. My web site www.rebecca-east.com has illustrations from the ancient art that inspired descriptions of characters and settings. If there is reader interest I would be pleased to offer "read with the author" for Kindle people.

Sincerely, Rebecca East (A. D. 62: Pompeii, a novel)

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome Rebecca,
I am sure that the Mods (moderators) will provide you with information about our Book Klubs.
But let me (as just a regular old member) provide you with a virtual welcome wagon greeting.
This board has an extremely active membership of people who are passionate about reading and love their Kindles.

#3 ·
[/quote]
RebeccaEast said:
Hello, I'm an independently published author of this historical fantasy set in ancient Rome (A. D. 62: Pompeii). It is available for Kindle as well as in other formats. My web site www.rebecca-east.com has illustrations from the ancient art that inspired descriptions of characters and settings. If there is reader interest I would be pleased to offer "read with the author" for Kindle people.

Sincerely, Rebecca East (A. D. 62: Pompeii, a novel)
I sent you a PM. I welcomed you on Bargain Book thread but Welcome again. We love having authors join us here at KB.

#8 ·
Hello!

I would also enjoy a "Read with the Author."

I'm a stats teacher at Cal State who writes fantasy adventure books to keep my head from exploding. All those numbers have to come out somewhere!

I've recently posted a book for sale on Kindle. It is Book Two of a great fantasy adventure series, and it's perfectly okay to start with that book. I plan to bring the whole series on-line in the future.

I wrote this series for kids and teens, but plenty of my students have read them and loved them.

Anyway, I'm offering myself up for a Read with the Author if there's interest.

Take care,

Kevin
http://www.conorandthecrossworlds.com

#11 ·
We're going to start a few more Reading with the Authors this month, I'll be contacting some of the people who've expressed interest.  ;D

Those of you who are interested, think about the format you'd like to use.  You might check with some of the authors who've done them already about what they think worked and what didn't.

Traditional format is to have a set of questions each week.  Our readers are so voracious, they blast through the book, so I know some have evolved to more of a discussion group, still with questions and still led by the author but...

Betsy

#13 ·
archer said:
Hey, Geoff (et. al.)--
I would also love to do this with Elfhunter.
If there's a 'list' of suitable books being kept, how might I get on it?
Did you contact Betsy?
Betsy are we going to have some new Book Klubs?

Just askin.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.