Author Topic: Self Publish With BookBaby  (Read 15968 times)  

Offline DanoJ

• Tallahassee, Florida
    • View Profile
Re: Self Publish With BookBaby
« Reply #175 on: May 09, 2011, 09:33:31 PM »
Monique, it's here as well as in a private message. Here, he said "if you want to resort to name calling, it's only going to get this thread locked," and, in private, he said I could be removed from the forum for similar posts. You're correct, we've stated our opinions several times. What I can't understand is the continued persecution of my point of view by Richard, and, apparently, only Richard. He seems unable to let anything I post in response to anyone alone (look back at my posts, if you disagree)...I am not talking to him when I answer someone else's post.
Dano,

I read Richard's post several times and I don't see anything resembling a thread.

Fwiw, I think you've both stated your opinions repeatedly. Maybe it's time to just let it lie?

Offline Monique

• California
    • View Profile
    • Written by Monique
« Reply #176 on: May 09, 2011, 09:36:46 PM »
Dano,

That isn't a threat; it's a reminder of board policy. Even without "name calling" when things get too snarky, too personal or just plain not productive, threads are locked. Locking a thread is something done strictly at the moderators' discretion and will not result in any punishment to you or any other poster.

Monique Martin | author website | facebook | twitter

Offline DanoJ

• Tallahassee, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 09, 2011, 09:42:24 PM »
Okay...thanks. The statements come off as threats. More so in the private message, I thought. Either way, I don't think my rather animated discussions with Richard (which I would prefer not having) can possibly amount to prohibited behavior on the forum. As I have pointed out, I don't know why he feels the need to keep engaging me in arguments when I'm not addressing him at all. It is quite clear that we disagree, not just on the issue of the thread, but even on his own history of comments about it. Thanks for your input...I agree it should somehow just end.
Dano,

That isn't a threat; it's a reminder of board policy. Even without "name calling" when things get too snarky, too personal or just plain not productive, threads are locked. Locking a thread is something done strictly at the moderators' discretion and will not result in any punishment to you or any other poster.

Offline kyrin

• New York
  • Richard Jackson
    • View Profile
    • Kyrin's Insight
« Reply #178 on: May 09, 2011, 10:41:34 PM »
For the record, I'm not in the business of persecuting people. At no point have I stated anyone's opinion is not valid or that they were not entitled to it. I also never said someone should change their opinion to fit my view.

I sent a private message because i didn't think it would be right or fair to get a thread locked that had valuable information in it because things can get out of hand. I did it clarify a possible misunderstanding about something I said that was taken in a way that I didn't mean or intend. If at anytime some thinks a person is out of line or threatening them (publicly or privately), then they should contact a moderator.

Recently, the only thing I have been stating and arguing is about my right to change my opinion. Yesterday, I might have an opinion that XYZ might warrant concern. Today, I might have the opinion that XYZ is not a good fit for me but it could work for others. Tomorrow, if something changes or I have new information, my opinion on XYZ might change. That's it. That's not being a hypocrite, an insult that warrants an apology. That's being flexible and willing to change.

I'm going to leave it at that.

Kyrin's Insight - My Blog | Hunter's Moon - Coming Soon

Offline nobody_important

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 10, 2011, 02:12:56 AM »
I don't get the angst.

DanoJ -- People don't have to fork over the $ and use the service in order to know that it's not right for them or that they have concerns / issues w/ the way the service is sold, etc.  I'm not sure why you're getting all worked up about it, when you said you didn't have a great time dealing with them either.

Nobody is attacking you for having used Bookbaby.