Author Topic: Pound-A-Week Club  (Read 75209 times)  

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
Re: Pound-A-Week Club
« Reply #1500 on: July 30, 2017, 05:17:00 PM »
W/e Sat 29th July - Yes  :D
"A person who publishes books, willfully appears before the populace with his pants down." Edna St. Vincent Millay

Member since 03/17/2010 | (make your own reading bar) |
My Kindles: Kindle Voyage  | Kindle Paperwhite  |  Fire HD 10  | Kindle DX  | Kindle Touch

Offline MamaProfCrash

• View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: August 01, 2017, 05:10:25 AM »
Thanks and both Home Chef and Hello Fresh will be good solutions when I am ready to start cooking again.

oh, and 7/29 weigh in - Yes!  9 pounds of the 20 gained now gone. 

WOOHOOOOO! Awesome. Keep going!

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: August 20, 2017, 12:10:07 PM »
W/e Saturday 19th August - YES (but only just  :-X)
"A person who publishes books, willfully appears before the populace with his pants down." Edna St. Vincent Millay

My Kindles: Kindle Voyage  | Kindle Paperwhite  |  Fire HD 10  | Kindle DX  | Kindle Touch

Offline Tripp

• Kent, Washington
    • View Profile
    • Goodreads
« Reply #1503 on: August 20, 2017, 05:48:00 PM »
W/e Saturday 19th August - YES (but only just  :-X)

Congrats!  Same here. 

(Make your own reading bar)

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.
-C. S. Lewis

Offline dgrant

• North Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: September 03, 2017, 09:00:40 AM »
Week ending 9/2 - up two pounds from last report, but I've lost two inches around my waist! I can't get down a pants size yet, but I can see it coming!

Also, now able to lift 65 pounds over my head, and squat with 85 pounds. And my husband, for all that the doctors said he'd never be able to lift more than 20 pounds again, is keeping up with me and beating me on weights (he has to use modified forms, but within the range of what he can manage, he's managing!) Also, he's down 5 pounds!

Myself & my darling man

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: September 03, 2017, 07:04:56 PM »
Week ending 9/2 - up two pounds from last report, but I've lost two inches around my waist! I can't get down a pants size yet, but I can see it coming!

Also, now able to lift 65 pounds over my head, and squat with 85 pounds. And my husband, for all that the doctors said he'd never be able to lift more than 20 pounds again, is keeping up with me and beating me on weights (he has to use modified forms, but within the range of what he can manage, he's managing!) Also, he's down 5 pounds!

I'm in awe of your enthusiasm and dedication. Exercise is what's missing from my routine and I really need to correct that - calorie counting on it's own just isn't enough. *sigh*

Will Edwards

« Reply #1506 on: September 04, 2017, 01:50:45 AM »
I made only two changes and the weight fell of me. Here they are:

1. Switched to Pesceterian Diet - stopped eating meat - I still eat fish.

2. Cut down on bread.

I not only lost weight easily, it has stayed off, and I feel a lot better for it.

Good luck :)

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: September 07, 2017, 10:29:36 AM »
My weight is hovering at the moment, up one day and down the next. I seem to have lost my focus. Must. Do. Better.  :-\

Online NapCat

• Rural Nevada
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: September 18, 2017, 09:18:24 AM »

I am back from four months on the road for work.....the scale says I gained 8 pounds, but it sure feels like more.  Hopefully, I will get to stay home and get on a schedule again.

Congrats to all of you who are doing so well !!

'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline Tripp

• Kent, Washington
    • View Profile
    • Goodreads
« Reply #1509 on: September 18, 2017, 03:00:39 PM »
NapCat, it is so hard to keep focused while traveling.  At least you are back home in a controlled environment. 

I just got back from a vacation in MN.  Not down a pound but I did lose an unearned half pound as I did a lot of recreational eating.  I am really focusing on program today as I am a pound away from my current milestone goal.  The next milestone after that is 10 pounds.  My total goal from where I am now is 41 pounds.  One pound at a time...

-C. S. Lewis

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: September 18, 2017, 06:32:17 PM »
I'm still hovering at the moment - I'm not really eating enough to be gaining, but can't seem to be strict enough to lose anything. Still, at least I'm not (yet) undoing all the good work from the earlier part of this year, which is the main thing I suppose.

I do love my food though. *sigh*

Offline *DrDLN* (dr.s.dhillon)

• Mtn House, CA
  • Self-help and Spiritual Living
    • View Profile
    • "HEALTH and LOVE is your birth-right" Series
« Reply #1511 on: September 20, 2017, 08:58:10 PM »
I have maintained my weight without dieting but avoiding junk food. Diet almost always fails in the long run, IMO.

I found breathing exercises the most effective in losing and maintaining weight.

Online NapCat

• Rural Nevada
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: September 25, 2017, 06:36:34 AM »
Weigh in for week of 9/24/17  NO

I am off to see the doctor today.....I am sure the topic will come up.....sigh
'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: September 25, 2017, 01:24:09 PM »
weigh-in for this week - yes :)

Offline *Sandy Harper*

• View Profile
    • "Cash at Home Series"
« Reply #1514 on: September 25, 2017, 05:08:27 PM »
The word diet never worked for me. Avoiding processed packed food  and eating fresh is what worked for me.....

Offline Tripp

• Kent, Washington
    • View Profile
    • Goodreads
« Reply #1515 on: September 30, 2017, 02:42:45 PM »
9/30  YES  I made my line in the sand goal for September!  Depending on what my final healthy weight will be, I am 35 to 40 pounds away.  That means I am at approximately the half way point.  Woo Hoo!

I have challenges this month and probably the rest of the next 12 months.  I am going to a conference in a few weeks and there is breakfast, two snacks and a dinner style lunch served each day.  I am working on my strategies now.  Also, we are implementing SAP at the same time.  All rumors have it that it takes months to a year to get settled from that.  Again, I am working on strategies.  Fingers crossed. 

-C. S. Lewis

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: October 01, 2017, 05:40:22 AM »
Hmm... not doing so well over the last couple of weeks.  :'( :'(

My first real lapse for about nine months though so trying not to get too disheartened. I just need to get things back under control before I undo all my hard work. And it really is HARD work.  :o

Why isn't the healthy/low cal food the stuff that tastes best? It would make things sooooooo much easier. *sigh*

Online NapCat

• Rural Nevada
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: October 01, 2017, 10:41:13 AM »
Weigh in for week ending 10/1/17  NO

Having been traveling for work for 8 months, it is so good to be in my own kitchen, cooking the things I like.

Sigh

'da NapCat

Offline dgrant

• North Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: October 03, 2017, 08:17:38 PM »
week ending 10/1 - up 8 pounds from a month ago. I make pouty faces at my scale over this. But it's not all bad news - that gain is definitely muscle, and I'm getting less fluffy!

I know, because I am down a shirt size! In fact, I have broken into the drawer of "someday..." and although I can't fit into the smaller jeans, I can now wear the last shirts I'd put away regretfully as too small!

My husband is now lifting more weight than he ever thought possible, and is down two shirt sizes (I refuse to ask how much weight he's lost. Because I might get grumpy!)

...I could provide numerical things like "I deadlifted 100 pounds", but we all know the real victory is fitting into my chibi characters of the Lord of the Rings shirt!

Myself & my darling man

Online NapCat

• Rural Nevada
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: October 08, 2017, 09:30:33 AM »
Weigh in for week ending 10/8/17 NO

Bad Cat, Bad Cat...

'da NapCat

Online NapCat

• Rural Nevada
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: October 29, 2017, 10:39:00 AM »
Weigh in for week ending 10/29/17 NO

'da NapCat

Offline LivingWell

• View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: October 30, 2017, 09:30:32 PM »
Sometimes I take walk when hungry....

Offline P.A. Woodburn

• washington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: November 02, 2017, 02:53:07 AM »
I am re-starting. I had reached my ideal weight then after several years, it all crept back on. Now I'm 74 and worried about all of those bad things that can happen to people.

My house is littered with exercise equipment. I don't use it because it is so boring and numerous other reasons. I just got a semi-recumbent bike with a great big tray, two cup holders and a drawer. It is
 big enough for a 17" computer monitor. It was under $200.00. My husband looks annoyed because I seem to have an addiction for unused exercise equipment. I haven't put it together yet, but I think I will use it. This may be the answer. I'm also on a very strict eating plan which I have followed ruthlessly since April and I have lost a goodly bit of weight.  I think the weight came on again because I was always cold. I'm cold yet again and have purchased some very thick sweaters, fake leather boots both long and military from Amazon. I'm even wearing leggins. Never tried those before. I love them, so comfortable.

Online NapCat

• Rural Nevada
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: November 05, 2017, 08:30:41 AM »
Weigh in for week ending 11/5/17 NO
'da NapCat

Offline dgrant

• North Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: November 05, 2017, 02:53:35 PM »
Weigh-in for week ending 11/4 - nope!

People should not leave Halloween candy out near stress-eaters who are working a full moon. And I shouldn't eat it! It's my own fault!  :P

On the other hand, I'm now squatting 98 pounds! And deadlifting 105 pounds! And... ahem... I'm going to have to buy certain items of clothing in a new size, because I have lost enough fluff off my torso that my, ahem, band size has shrunk, while other assets in the area have, I swear, increased in size. If I was 20 again, I'd be turning cartwheels down the street in delight! As I'm not, my back brain is going "Well, at least the corsets are all adjustable and will still fit!"  ;D

Myself & my darling man