Kindle Forum banner

Pound-A-Week Club

128K views 2K replies 109 participants last post by  Annalog 
#1 ·
The Lose-a-Pound-a-Week Club

I have promised my doctor (and myself) that I would lose 50 pounds over the next year……one pound a week should be very doable.

Please join me in this "Lighthearted" venture...my approach is to take "baby steps" to change my habits. No specific diet or extreme regime… just move to healthier eating and exercise, by making a lifestyle change each week.

A Pound a Week should be (pun) a piece of cake !!...remember, if you are currently eating a dozen cheesecakes a week, if you ONLY eat 6, you are going to lose a pound ! Ha !

#9 ·
It's impressive when someone publicly declares a goal like this one. You go, NapCat!

One thing to watch: sometimes if you start an exercise routine concurrent with the diet, the actual weight loss isn't quite what you hope it might be. That's because you put on muscle, and muscle is way denser than fat. When you're replacing fat with muscle, the pounds may not drop off really fast. So you might want to consider taking some measurements and tracking the inches you lose, too. Having more metrics can be comforting when you encounter those weight-loss plateaus, which always seems to happen when you try to lose weight.

#10 ·
Good points, lpking.

For me, I was on my diet for about a month before I started pushing the exercise--it was actually at a point where the weight loss had slowed down and it helped pick things up again.

Betsy

#13 ·
Healthy habits are good for maintaining proper weight and the way to go in the long run. Simple diet and exercise is a slow process to lose weight that always alludes majority of the people. Good luck!

#15 ·
Good for you!  I've been trying to lose weight for quite awhile and it's been tough.  I do exercise almost every day so I hope between that and better eating habits I'll be okay.

I work in foodservice, and we have GOOD BUT FATTY food around us all the time.  I really need to start ignoring it...

#16 ·
Alle Meine Entchen said:
I think it's a great idea. I cannot lose weight (and am looking to put some on), but by december, I will be raring to join you! I'll be your cheerleader, though.
Thanks for being here, but take care of that baby first !!

#19 ·
spotsmom said:
Right now (3:30 pm), I'm trying to decide if I can really eat the yogurt I have here or if I should forego it and wait for dinner. At least I'm THINKING about calories...
....but you skipped that Frosty earlier....go for the yogurt !

#20 ·
foreverjuly said:
Sounds like a good idea. Just keep pushing to make healthier choices in the grocery store and find ways to move around more. Getting away from the computer and doing some walking. I have some yoga tapes that are fun. That might be something you could try. Got them from this site: http://www.gaiam.com/

Thanks for being here and for sharing that link !!

#23 ·
lpking said:
It's impressive when someone publicly declares a goal like this one. You go, NapCat!

One thing to watch: sometimes if you start an exercise routine concurrent with the diet, the actual weight loss isn't quite what you hope it might be. That's because you put on muscle, and muscle is way denser than fat. When you're replacing fat with muscle, the pounds may not drop off really fast. So you might want to consider taking some measurements and tracking the inches you lose, too. Having more metrics can be comforting when you encounter those weight-loss plateaus, which always seems to happen when you try to lose weight.
Thanks for the support and advice !!

#25 ·
*DrDln* (dr.s.dhillon) said:
Healthy habits are good for maintaining proper weight and the way to go in the long run. Simple diet and exercise is a slow process to lose weight that always alludes majority of the people. Good luck!
Thanks for the advice and encouragement Doc !

#26 ·
spotsmom said:
So far today: yogurt this morning and a package of nuts this afternoon. Trying to conserve for Mexican at a restaurant tonight. I've convinced myself no beans and no rice. Tostada.

This sure is hard when one is a stress eater...
No stress is allowed on Day 1 !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.