Author Topic: Pound-A-Week Club  (Read 73616 times)  

Offline MamaProfCrash

• View Profile
Re: Pound-A-Week Club
« Reply #1475 on: May 22, 2017, 05:13:03 AM »
W/e Saturday 20th May - YES. Well, just about.*

*Because 0.8 of a pound counts, right? Right?  :o

Yup, it counts. Great work!

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #1476 on: May 22, 2017, 05:30:45 AM »
W/e Saturday 20th May - YES. Well, just about.*

*Because 0.8 of a pound counts, right? Right?  :o

Yes, and a yes for me, too!
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #1477 on: May 22, 2017, 05:31:41 AM »
Hit my goal this week!

So now it is time to set a new goal. I am not dieting, I am eating better and concentrating on being more active so I should be able to drop another five pounds. And if I don't, I don't.

Maybe you can report on your activity goals here! 

• Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #1478 on: May 26, 2017, 05:38:07 PM »
Yes for the week!

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: May 27, 2017, 08:20:21 AM »
"A person who publishes books, willfully appears before the populace with his pants down." Edna St. Vincent Millay

Member since 03/17/2010 | (make your own reading bar) |
My Kindles: Kindle Voyage  | Kindle Paperwhite  |  Fire HD 10  | Kindle DX  | Kindle Touch

Offline MamaProfCrash

• View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: May 30, 2017, 06:54:31 AM »
"Maybe you can report on your activity goals here!  "

Sorry for the delay...

I aim for a minimum of 10,000 steps a day but my goal is 12,000 steps a day. I am happiest when I get in 90,000 steps a week. I try and take several small walks at work, about 15 minutes, in order to hit my step goal and clear my mind. I see my walk breaks as the same as taking a smoke break. I'll go to the gym 4-5 times a week and spend 30 minutes on the elliptical machine.

When I do that, I aim for an average of 110 steps a minute but I built up to that over the last 6 months. I try and focus more on getting my heart rate up in the 140-150 range during my elliptical work outs.

I need to be better about working weights into my routine, that is something I plan on starting in June.

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: June 03, 2017, 07:50:32 AM »
W/e Saturday 3rd June - YES  :D
"A person who publishes books, willfully appears before the populace with his pants down." Edna St. Vincent Millay

My Kindles: Kindle Voyage  | Kindle Paperwhite  |  Fire HD 10  | Kindle DX  | Kindle Touch

Offline MamaProfCrash

• View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: June 29, 2017, 04:52:09 AM »
How are people doing?

I managed to not do any weight training in June, hopefully I'll start in July.

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: June 29, 2017, 08:47:52 AM »
I keep forgetting to post.  :(

I'm in the middle of my birthday week, so I'm not expecting anything like a good result this coming weekend. There's been some significant cheating which may have involved, but is not restricted to, ice cream, alcohol and birthday cake.  :o  :-[

Well, you're only 60 once!

Offline MamaProfCrash

• View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: June 29, 2017, 09:01:44 AM »
Enjoy your birthday and take a few extra steps!

Offline *DrDLN* (dr.s.dhillon)

• Mtn House, CA
  • Self-help and Spiritual Living
    • View Profile
    • "HEALTH and LOVE is your birth-right" Series
« Reply #1485 on: June 30, 2017, 05:02:24 PM »
Few stretches in the morning coordinated with breathing, evening walk and avoiding junk food has served me well and should work for most of us.....  Enjoy!

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: July 01, 2017, 07:41:47 AM »
W/e Saturday 1st July. Well, as expected, my 60th birthday celebrations have taken their toll and I put on a couple of pounds this week.  :-X

I'm not downhearted - it's back to calorie counting now and next week will be a good week. Watch this space!  8)

Offline dgrant

• North Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: July 16, 2017, 10:51:06 AM »
To heck with the scale, this week I managed, for the first time in my adult life, to do a deadlift with a barbell. And a bench press with a barbell. There were also leg squats involved. Two days later, I was introduced to the overhead press (And a whole lot of "Straighten your wrist! Elbows in!" I think I'm going to hear that a lot until I get better at form. But hey, first time ever!)

On Friday, I even got my husband to come to the gym, too, and learn this overhead press thing.

Theoretically, if I keep going, I'll be able to swap some squishy mass for muscle. And maybe even lose a pound or two!

Offline MamaProfCrash

• View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: July 17, 2017, 04:54:15 AM »
That is all sorts of awesome. Go for it!

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: July 17, 2017, 06:10:51 AM »
Two weeks since the birthday celebrations. I've lost the pounds I put on and another one on top. *sighs with relief*  :D

Offline *DrDLN* (dr.s.dhillon)

• Mtn House, CA
  • Self-help and Spiritual Living
    • View Profile
    • "HEALTH and LOVE is your birth-right" Series
« Reply #1490 on: July 17, 2017, 11:15:21 AM »
Healthy life style is better goal and is the only permanent weight control solution.

Offline dgrant

• North Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: July 22, 2017, 08:34:36 AM »
Two weeks since the birthday celebrations. I've lost the pounds I put on and another one on top. *sighs with relief*  :D

Congratulations, that's awesome!

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: July 22, 2017, 09:59:18 AM »
Congratulations, that's awesome!

Thank you!  ;D

I've also lost again this week, w/e Sat 22nd July. I'm relieved that I haven't allowed the small lapse to deflect me, something that I've been guilty of in the past. It's too easy to slip back into bad habits.

Offline Tripp

• Kent, Washington
    • View Profile
    • Goodreads
« Reply #1493 on: July 22, 2017, 11:35:27 AM »
I have just been reading everyone's posts and you all rock.  Weight loss and great attitude.  I need to read your posts more often.

It has been awhile since I have posted as I have not been into it.  I am doing WW and had initially lost 40+ pounds.  I gained nearly 20 of that back and got justifiably mad at myself.  Though I continued to go to meetings so all was not lost for me.  My same old habits weren't working for me as I was in denial.  Two weeks ago I started getting deliveries of meals from WW Fresh.  Woo hoo, down 7.5 lbs.  It was a good solution for me.  I hope to get back to where I was soon and then to goal after that.

My instructor says, it is not what you weigh, it is what you learn...OK, that is great but I am tired of only learning...LOL

(Make your own reading bar)

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.
-C. S. Lewis

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: July 23, 2017, 08:12:16 AM »
I have just been reading everyone's posts and you all rock.  Weight loss and great attitude.  I need to read your posts more often.

It has been awhile since I have posted as I have not been into it.  I am doing WW and had initially lost 40+ pounds.  I gained nearly 20 of that back and got justifiably mad at myself.  Though I continued to go to meetings so all was not lost for me.  My same old habits weren't working for me as I was in denial.  Two weeks ago I started getting deliveries of meals from WW Fresh.  Woo hoo, down 7.5 lbs.  It was a good solution for me.  I hope to get back to where I was soon and then to goal after that.

My instructor says, it is not what you weigh, it is what you learn...OK, that is great but I am tired of only learning...LOL

The most important thing is that you haven't given up - we're all different and it takes time to find the solution that works for you. Good luck!

Offline dgrant

• North Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: July 23, 2017, 02:54:55 PM »
Woohoo! This week, the scale didn't move - literally, not metaphorically. Neither a fraction of a pound gained or lost. However! I progressed sufficiently on the bench press that the coach moved me from the 20-lb training bar to the 45-pound regular bar for regular people!

And I learned how to squat. The kind with the barbell on my back. My shoulders, long accustomed to slouching in front of the keyboard, had lots of unpleasant things to say about that!

All this progress means I had to have converted some squishy fat to muscle mass, so I'm thrilled! (Although, I've also been instructed to eat a lot more protein than normal. It's actually challenging to eat as much protein as the coach wants me to! Who'da ever thought I'd have problems eating more?)

Linkjeakel - Yay! Congratulations on your progress!

Tripp - Congrats on making progress again! Here's to you doing awesomely!

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: July 24, 2017, 06:52:35 AM »
weigh-in 7/24 - yes :)

dgrant - Excellent job at the gym!  I've been working with a trainer for about a month now and my body is definitely letting me know that it's not used to that kind of work.

Offline NapCat

• Rural Nevada
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: July 25, 2017, 05:23:10 AM »
Congratulations to All !!

'da NapCat is on the road and......well...

...bad cat...bad cat...bad cat.....sigh
'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline MamaProfCrash

• View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: July 25, 2017, 11:47:13 AM »
The most important thing is that you haven't given up - we're all different and it takes time to find the solution that works for you. Good luck!

I am glad that is working for you. I found that I lost weight around the time I started using Home Chef and Hello Fresh. I think it is because the planned meals are a more reasonable size and have more veggies then most people would make for themselves. So think about those meal delivery services for when you feel like you might want to stop with the WW Fresh, it might be a good solution for you.

Great work and great attitude!

Offline Tripp

• Kent, Washington
    • View Profile
    • Goodreads
« Reply #1499 on: July 29, 2017, 03:25:05 PM »
I am glad that is working for you. I found that I lost weight around the time I started using Home Chef and Hello Fresh. I think it is because the planned meals are a more reasonable size and have more veggies then most people would make for themselves. So think about those meal delivery services for when you feel like you might want to stop with the WW Fresh, it might be a good solution for you.

Great work and great attitude!

Thanks and both Home Chef and Hello Fresh will be good solutions when I am ready to start cooking again.

oh, and 7/29 weigh in - Yes!  9 pounds of the 20 gained now gone. 

(Make your own reading bar)

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.
-C. S. Lewis